This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Astro Orbitor Planets

On my last visit to Disneyland I noticed that the planets no longer rotate like they did. I know this has been a constant battle to get them to work properly. Here is a video by MintCrocodile from youtube Disneyland's Astro Orbitor Moving Planets July 16 2009 - YouTube

Anyone know if they have stopped working all together, or if I just went on a day where they didn't work?
    Jeff Wayne

Re: Astro Orbitor Planets

They have stopped working on all three versions of the attraction. The other two are in Paris and Hong Kong. It has been said that the attraction has to be partially disassembled to reach the mechanism.

Comment

Wish they would take the whole thing down. What an eye sore.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
        On my last visit to Disneyland I noticed that the planets no longer rotate like they did. I know this has been a constant battle to get them to work properly. Here is a video by MintCrocodile from youtube Disneyland's Astro Orbitor Moving Planets July 16 2009 - YouTube

Anyone know if they have stopped working all together, or if I just went on a day where they didn't work?
        It didn't last too long after the last complete overhaul. Like less than a year if I recall.. can probably find something in search.
        Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
        Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
        Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
          But, they are important to add dynamic qualities to Tomorrowland. That why we have the outdoor moving attractions above head in this land. The Rocket Jets, People Mover and Monorail. Well at least the Monorail.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I wonder if it will at all be possible to get the jets up on the platform in some form since the people mover is slated to never come back.
            Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
              But, they are important to add dynamic qualities to Tomorrowland. That why we have the outdoor moving attractions above head in this land. The Rocket Jets, People Mover and Monorail. Well at least the Monorail.
              They can still be in Tomorrowland. Just not in their current "bottleneck" location. Move them back up high and get rid of the stupid planet sculpture in the middle of them.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                Amen to that!
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
                  Amen to that!

Amen to your avatar!!!!
                  "Raiders Suck"
                  -Walt Disney

Comment

During the last refurb they fixed the mechanism that rotates the globes, but they didn't last more than a few months. At least the repaint looks better I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                      Yeah but move it back into the land....where it is now just makes more crowds then needs to be....also for me anyway the old location was better since you could see Space Mountain, the matterhorn, Monorail, autotopia, and the subs.....instead of just the hub
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I used to love watching them orbit around always waiting for them to hit one another (even though I knew they never would) They were somehow oddly hypnotizing.
                        sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

You know, I rather like Astro Orbitor but I never go on it due to round bouts make me sick. I never noticed that the planets/orbs weren't spinning.

I'm one of the few who love the whole Jules Verne look to the New Tomorrowland. Miss you Rocket Rods <3
                          Last edited by JM Disneyland; 09-12-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X