Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you have a favorite cast member?

Hi folks!

This will probably pertain to the APers and frequent visitors.

Is there a cast member at the DLR park that you consider your favorite?

Basically, someone you see many times in your visits and say "hey there's <name> over there. they do a good job".

Even better if you've made friends with them, so whenever you visit you try to say hi.

This can be anyone, from a waiter at a restaurant, attraction worker, performer, a janitor, even a security guard.

Here's the kicker. It's gotta be someone you've met because they worked in the park. It can't be a family/friend of yours.

So far my favorite cast member is a lady named ******. She works in the Baby Care Center. Whenever I'm bringing in my son in for a pit stop, I take some time to talk to her and say hi.

Honorable mention for me goes to ***** in security.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 09-12-2012, 09:54 PM.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Re: Do you have a favorite cast member?

Maynard!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

You beat me to it! Maynard is incredible!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Who is Maynard?

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
        Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
        Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
        Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

YES YES YES to Maynard! An incredible cast member who makes us have a touch more fun every time we hear him. We caught him this last Saturday at the Tiki Room.

Comment

Does my brother and his gf count since they work there? Thanks to them I have an awesome nephew and niece.
            I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

Comment

There was a CM (I think his name was **** but I'm not sure) that my friend and I noticed during Fantasmic! He was one of the flashlight wavy guys that keeps crowds going the right direction. Anyway during the performance he was so much fun to watch because as he was directing he was getting so into the show himself. Along our trip we had a tiny stuffed animal of Mickey Mouse that we were putting into all our photos. So we decided that we wanted a picture of this awesome guy and ran up to him and asked him to hold our small mickey and if we could take a picture of them. He seemed so excited that we had asked him to do that it was adorable! If the photos I've looked at are right I'm pretty sure he's the blonde Bert now that people love! When I saw him again (or at least saw blonde bert and thought it was him) I was so excited because I think he deserves to be a face character so much!
              Last edited by penguinsoda; 09-12-2012, 09:54 PM.
              sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

I believe it is against the board rules to mention any CMs by names, to protect their privacy Except for of course, Maynard!!

Originally posted by 14 MPH View Post
                Who is Maynard?
                WHO IS MAYNARD?!?!?!?! Have you been living under a rock, lol!! :lol: Just kidding!!! All APers know who Maynard is!!! YOu just have to do his Tiki Room Spiels!!! He is the funniest CM out there!!! He used to work Jungle Cruise and the Haunted Mansion!! He is a man of many voices and talents. Search for his name on YouTube,
                Last edited by The Disney Ninja; 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM.
                I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

Coke Corner ragtime piano-player, Rod, was a real delight. He's been retired for a few years, but I have great memories of him. Such a terrific personality (and talent!) that really added to the Disneyland experience.

Comment

Here's Maynard!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

No, I don't think any cast member should go out of their way to outshine the show. I've been to DL a couple hundred times and quite honestly, I don't pay enough attention to notice singular cast members on a regular basis. Performing cast members are a different thing. The cast of Billy Hill, Rod Miller (miss him)...those are people that I remember because they are part of the attraction/show.

Comment

****, ****, and ****.
                        Last edited by penguinsoda; 09-12-2012, 09:55 PM.
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Speaking of Rod Miller, does anyone know how he's doing these days? I assume he's still in the area? I wonder if he ever makes an appearance at any piano benches any more?

Comment

Yes *****!! he's usually in Fantasyland's Storybook land Canals or the Matterhorn and Toontown. always makes my day seeing him
                            Last edited by penguinsoda; 09-12-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

One who's been there since the 70's. Tells me the best stories.

Micenation

Comment

How about Oscar at Carnation Cafe, we can mention his name, can't we....? He's famous!

He's also so happy, so jovial, he always would come to my table and ask how we were, how we liked the food, how we were enjoying our day...... he's just such a happy person, I love it when he greets me....

Comment

My favorite cast member is myself

Comment

Originally posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
                                    How about Oscar at Carnation Cafe, we can mention his name, can't we....? He's famous!

He's also so happy, so jovial, he always would come to my table and ask how we were, how we liked the food, how we were enjoying our day...... he's just such a happy person, I love it when he greets me....
                                    Yes, Oscar is wonderful! A few years ago, I had breakfast at Carnation and got to meet him. Isn't he the longest-tenured cast member?

Comment

Although he's not a cast member per say, he always has his awesome red cast member name tag. If you waited in the park to be the last to leave, then I'm sure you know ****!
                                      Last edited by penguinsoda; 09-12-2012, 09:56 PM.
                                      "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.":thumbup:

Comment

Maynard is pretty cool! Captain **** is another! He pilots the Mark Twain, and has been working at Disneyland for 31 years!!
                                        Last edited by penguinsoda; 09-12-2012, 09:56 PM.
                                        Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X