Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most "Magical" Experience I've Had at Disneyland!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report The Most "Magical" Experience I've Had at Disneyland!

I'm not sure what to categorize this as or where to put it because I'm a fairly new user, so please forgive me!

My family has ALWAYS had APs for as long as I can remember. When my mother was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer months ago, she was laid off. We decided we would continue to go to the parks (our passes didn't expire until Dec. of 2012), but now we were unable to spend as much on food, souvenirs, etc. because of the cost of her treatment. Our trips usually consist of breakfast at home, lunch at McDonald's, and dinner at In-n-Out.

When we went yesterday (September 11th), we were headed towards Frontierland to go on Thunder Mountain and then head home.

We walked past the entrance of the French Market, which had two "executive"-looking employees standing out front of it. They asked us if we were hungry. My mom jokingly replied, "I'm always hungry", and my little sister rolled her eyes out of embarrassment. The cast member then invited us to try the French Market's new seasonal menu before they opened to the public the next day free of charge and then fill out a survey about how our experience was.

The 4 of us got a free meal, soda, and a 2 desserts for the family, all for free. We were waited on, received free refills, and were treated wonderfully.

I know it may sound silly, but it was truly the greatest experience we have ever had at Disneyland. As a low-income family, we were so grateful for the experience of eating at an -actual- Disney restaurant! My mother was in tears and will never forget the experience.

Re: The Most "Magical" Experience I've Had at Disneyland!

What a wonderful experience! Thank you for sharing! So nice to see when random acts of kindness happen to deserving people.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

That's truly magical, kind of had me tearing up a little. I pray your mother wins her battle

Comment

I'll never forget standing alongside my father, holding his hand, looking up, trying to see above the grown-ups, listening to Walt Disney's "Welcome to Disneyland" speech on opening day in 1955.

Comment

That is a heartwarming story to hear about you and your family! I'm keeping prayers for your mother and hope that your family will be able to still have magical days at the parks together
          sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

That's wonderful!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Very, very cool. They picked the right group to invite.

Comment

That is a great experience! Thanks for sharing.

As for your mom getting laid off because she has breast cancer that doesn't seem ethical. If she had to quit because she could no longer handle the work maybe... But it doesn't seem fair.

You might not be able to get AP's next year and it will be OK because you have this nice memory of the park to treasure!

Comment

What a wonderful experience! It's so important to keep living...and there's nothing wrong with In 'N Out for dinner!! Ha!

Comment

Way magical.
                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

What a sweet story! Thinking of your and family from the east coast.

As for In-N-Out Burger, I'm with you, lesterpablo! There's nothing wrong with that. Since we don't have them here in NYC, In-N-Out is always a greasy treat when I'm on the west coast!

Comment

I love your story. So heart welming. My best friend is in remission from breast cancer. I pray your mother recovers as well.
                        My favorite memory was when my daughter, then 5 got hearing aids and hated them but when we went to the park Cinderella sign languaged to her and that made having hearing aids so much better.
                        As far as eating in the park, we normally get the breakfast at the hotel, bring in sandwiches in a backpack then share meals at a not so expensive restraunt in the park. We really love the fried chicken from the Plaza and the meals are big enough to split. Or the ribs from Pilots Grill in DCA, they have a get your own condiments that has lettace and stuff so we normally make a salad out of it.

Comment

That's awesome for you and your family. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Makes it even more heartwarming is it happened to a family that surely needed some Disney magic that day
                          sigpic

Comment

My best to your mom. Thanks for sharing

Comment

How wonderful! And...how was the menu? All the best to your mom.

Comment

sweet deal!!! Best wishes to your mom.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Oh that's just wonderful! I'm so glad you got chosen for that experience. Best Wishes to your mom and family.

I had a similar thing just the other weekend. My kids and I were eating in the golden horseshoe watching the laughing stock. A CM walked by and randomly turned to us and said "would you like some free ice cream?" He had two of the big waffle bowl sundaes, one strawberry and one mint chocolate chip. I guess he couldn't find the people who had ordered it or something. It was SUCH a special unexpected treat. I am never able to afford to get the kids stuff like that so it was a really nice piece of disney magic.

Comment

Such a heart warming story of Disney magic in action!

Comment

that's so wonderful! the park is truly a magical place.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X