This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] No Gothel In The Parks

I have been thinking about this for awhile, but why isn't there a Mother Gothel meet in the parks? She would make a great walk around character as well as a great addition to the Halloween Party. So does anyone have any ideas why she isn't available to meet? She seems simple enough to cast.

Re: No Gothel In The Parks

I was going to ask who she was then remembered Tangled and maybe that's why she isn't in the parks, I didn't consider her that strong of a villain and not very memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by emilyinwonderland View Post
      I have been thinking about this for awhile, but why isn't there a Mother Gothel meet in the parks? She would make a great walk around character as well as a great addition to the Halloween Party. So does anyone have any ideas why she isn't available to meet? She seems simple enough to cast.
      Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
        I was going to ask who she was then remembered Tangled and maybe that's why she isn't in the parks, I didn't consider her that strong of a villain and not very memorable.
        I beg to differ. Mother Gothel is one of the creepiest villains to me. I was actually squirming in my seat because most villains, to at least some degree, make the hero/heroine of the story suspicious. Mother Gothel has Rapunzel loving her, trusting her and truly believing she is her mother and wants the best for her. For Mother Gothel to kidnap, raise and manipulate an innocent child that way, is haunting to me. This may sound weird, but I find Tangled to be one of the most psychologically disturbing stories out of the Disney animated film collection. I may be alone in that though, haha!
        * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
          It may not be memorable for older people but I know plenty of kids who are obsessed with Tangled and would love to see the lead villain there.

Comment

Maybe she'll be at the Villains meet and greets for Halloween....though I found Dr Facilier a much cooler and memorable villain
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
              Maybe she'll be at the Villains meet and greets for Halloween....though I found Dr Facilier a much cooler and memorable villain
              I second that. Mother Gothel was one of the weak points of Tangled, for me personally, compared to the strength of Dr. Facilier in The Princess and the Frog.

Comment

If it had to come between Dr. Facillier and Mother Gothel, I'd have to go with the dude with power* over evil step mother. I don't see why we can't have both, even if just for this year. They would both be fine for face characters (though really, most--if not all--villains should be) so Disney would only have to make costumes.

*what power? Voodoo.

Comment

I liked the character but just have a feeling 90% of the people that see her will be saying "who's that??"

Comment

Mother Gothel is certainly a good villain, but I'm not sure she falls into the most evil of all Villains. I like to see the truly terrible ones, the Evil Queen who would murder for Beauty. The most Maleficent of all who would burn a Prince to ash out of spite. Those are the villains I LOVE to see in The Park.

Just want to say that one of the most under used and evil Villains out there is Frolo. I do wish I could see him more in The Park. Hopefully they will bring him out for Halloween. <3
                    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

^Frollo does come out (and so does Hades) during Halloween time...just rarer to see then the evil queen...or Captain Hook
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        I liked the character but just have a feeling 90% of the people that see her will be saying "who's that??"

lol i hear/see people do that all the time with the characters. they'll see snow white and say "hey thats cinderella!"

Comment

She would make a great walk around character as well as a great addition to the Halloween Party.
                          There's a ton of characters that one never sees that would be great for a villains parade on Halloween: The Gogans from Pete's Dragon, Amos Slade from Fox and The Hound, Davy Jones from Pirates II and III (no, not from the Monkeys ).

The point is, Disney has so many great villains in their arsenal that they have to choose which ones will be both recognizable and highly requested.
                          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

It may not be memorable for older people but I know plenty of kids who are obsessed with Tangled and would love to see the lead villain there.
                            Memorable is someone with horns coming out of her head and then turning into a dragon. Memorable is a pirate with a hook for a hand. Memorable is someone trying to steal puppies to turn them into coats. Memorable is some guy from the bowels of the earth with blue flames coming out of his head.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                              With all the room in the Festival Arena I'm hoping we see many more villains.

Be Cool Stay in School!
                              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I'd love to see Mother Gothel. I like to see villains who are charismatic and have enough charm to fool you into thinking that they're your friend. For meet and greets with face characters, I find it more fun to play into their personalities when you're not stuck with one dimensional good/evil stereotypes, like with the princesses or Maleficent.

I guess for younger children or people who don't know their Disney characters very well, they'd get more out a of visit with the more recognizable characters. But I think she'd be great for adult weirdos like me who like to chat it up during meet and greets.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X