This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The Disneylan trip cresendo

As the hours slowly grinding on by, (ugh), I have a difficult time concentrating ... on anything!

Doctor, doctor!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: The Disneylan trip cresendo

You're not the only one!

Comment

Me, too! We don't leave for 2 days and I'm already packed & ready to go. I keep having to take things out of the suitcase so I have something to wear!!

It's really bad...I'm actually finding extra housework to do to make the time go faster!! It's not working.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Enjoy the anticipation, it's part of the fun.

And be sure to post lots of pictures!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Okay, here we go 3 hours to lift off. t-minus ....

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

24 hours and counting. Have never been during Halloween Time. DH & I have never been without kids. Haven't been since 2005. Disney tunes running through my head. Even non-Disney DH is getting excited. Yay!!!!!
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

All the Disneyland countdowns. I hope that means lots of trip reports are coming.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

I still have 6 days until my trip. Willing whatever flu bug I seem to have picked up to go away before then!
                sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Originally posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
                  I still have 6 days until my trip. Willing whatever flu bug I seem to have picked up to go away before then!
                  I will pass the word to Tinkerbell next week that you need a little extra Pixie Dust sent your way! Feel better fast!

Comment

Ugh, I love you all :yea:.

Comment

Me: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

DH; For (bleep!) sake, honey, we aren't leaving til tomorrow morning!! Here, I brought you your pill. Just swallow it and take a nap.

Me: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Comment

Tomorrow I leave on a trip, but it's not to Disneyland, it's to the Dells in Wisconsin. My husband won't go to Disneyland with me. Every year, when we drive 3 hours from Chicago to Wisconsin Dells, I tell him how I wish we were 3 hours away from Disneyland.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                          Tomorrow I leave on a trip, but it's not to Disneyland, it's to the Dells in Wisconsin. My husband won't go to Disneyland with me. Every year, when we drive 3 hours from Chicago to Wisconsin Dells, I tell him how I wish we were 3 hours away from Disneyland.

How sad that he won't go with you!!!! Next time you should skip the Dells and fly to DLR and say sorry hunny you do you and I'll do me! And my trip is going to be a lot more fun! lol.

1 week and 5 days.... according to my tracker!

PS I live in phoenix az... ssooo I already have the heat... can Anaheim cool off a bit before I get there? That would be great..... Today you Anaheim was HOTTER than phoenix! I've never seen that happen before!

Comment

I love going to the Dells with my husband. He works hard all year, and this is the one week out of the year where he gets out of Chicago, and he can really relax. It started out as our vacation with our grandson, Sean. It became an annual tradition for about a dozen years. Now that Sean is 19, and getting ready for college, our Dells trip this year will just be the two of us. My husband hates to fly, and he definitely isn't a Disney fan.

The 3 hours to Disneyland is a family joke. If we end the family tradition of going to the Dells, I will miss it.

I can't get my husband to go to either Disneyland, and/or Disney World with me. However, if he did, he really wouldn't want to be there. So I go solo a lot. He doesn't mind. In fact, he does me a favor, because have you ever been on vacation with someone who really doesn't want to be there? Not good. Not good at all.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I keep feverishly checking weather reports and this morning weather.com listed the days I'm there as 95, 97 and 91....now they are 89, 89 and 87.....yay let's continue the downward heat trend
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CSei2011 View Post
                                I live in phoenix az... ssooo I already have the heat... can Anaheim cool off a bit before I get there? That would be great..... Today you Anaheim was HOTTER than phoenix! I've never seen that happen before!
                                I'm in the same boat (kinda)... Vegas. And one of the BIG things I look fwd to is the cooler temps and near perfect humidity. I am sooooooo crossing my fingers that Anaheim will be in my perfect climate range and not like the eastern Mojave Desert range.

Even tho my trip starts rather soon, less than one week, I have a few rather bland days with in-law-types that will make me soooo wish to be at DLR sooner than I will be. I am seriously thinking of excuses on how to slip away to DL a bit earlier... (clandestinely of course) *le sigh*

Comment

I will be there in 5 days!
                                  Last edited by MarenBoBarren; 09-16-2012, 05:18 PM.
                                  sigpic

Comment

You and me both!

---------- Post added 09-16-2012 at 07:45 PM ----------

I keep feverishly checking weather reports and this morning weather.com listed the days I'm there as 95, 97 and 91....now they are 89, 89 and 87.....yay let's continue the downward heat trend
                                    Again... you and me both! I just hope they get it right!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X