Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Matterhorn closed october, 1, 2, 3?

I just noticed on the Disneyland park calender that the Matterhorn Bobsleds will be closed October 1st thru the 3rd. Are there any rumors why?

Re: Matterhorn closed october, 1, 2, 3?

that is so odd it just came out of refurb maby going back to old sleds with new seatbelts (i can dream cant i)

Comment

Hair styling for Harold.

Comment

It was closed when I was there in March. Now it's going to be closed when I'm there in October.

@!#%
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Let's hope they add padding to the seats!

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Comment

No employees here that know what going on?

Comment

I'd bet that they're adding padding to the seats :thumbup:

Comment

It will be opening back up my last day in the park. Hopefully whatever is being done gets finished on schedule so I can ride it.

Comment

I haven't been on the new ride so I'm hoping for padded seats when I try it! That seems to be the biggest complaint.

Comment

Odd. The rumor mill didn't flare up a few weeks before the closure was posted. How did NO ONE know that it was going to close? Seems like DL cannot move a trash can without a write up and maybe a pic or two.

LOL @ the top secret stuff.

Comment

Oh come on! Those are the only days I'm going to be there!

Click the banner! ^^^^
                      Follow us on Twitter
                      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I recently rode the Tomorrowland side for the first time since it reopened from refurb. I heard about how uncomfortable the ride has become but I maintained hope. I sat in the fourth row (front of 2nd bobsled - which thankfully had an elevated seat, so I wasn't sitting on the floor like in the other seats) In terms of confort it was fine. But then the ride started and I was bashed around. I don't remember the ride ever being that rough.

Hopefully they've heard enough complaints from riders and decided to close the ride down to install padding to the seats!

Today, I feel like driving through a cursed temple, taking a tour of a haunted antebellum mansion, plunging down a waterfall in a hollowed-out log, bobsledding down a famous swiss mountain, traveling through the darkest recesses of space, and watching fireworks explode over a fantastical castle.

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Comment

I don't see why it would take 3 full days of closure to add padding to the seats though. Couldn't they pull the sleds off one by one and replace as they went? I hope that's it though. The sleds are awful.

Comment

I just checked the DL website and Matterhorn is no longer listed as being under refurbishment on OCT 1-3. Guess they changed their minds?

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewfilmboy View Post
                              I just checked the DL website and Matterhorn is no longer listed as being under refurbishment on OCT 1-3. Guess they changed their minds?
                              Yes it does. I just looked and it's still listed.

Comment

I'm going crazy :/

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Comment

I really, reeeallly hope the closure is to install padding!

As to why they might need three days to do this: it's a totally random guess, but would the sleds with padding need to be retested for safety with the crash test dummies, since padding would change how people would come into contact with the seat belts? I can't see it being a big deal but I can see Disney spending an extra day or two to retest and err on the side of caution. Or perhaps there's some ordinance that every time the ride vehicles change they need to be tested; I wouldn't be surprised there.
                                  Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Is there still no insider information on this closure?

Comment

Deleted

Yeah, that sounds fun.

Comment

I'm also not seeing it listed anymore. Which makes me happy. I would rather have my ribs broken by the Matterhorn than have it closed when I'm there! Seriously.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                                        Follow us on Twitter
                                        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                                        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X