Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the NICEST thing you've seen a guest (or guests) do in one of the parks?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What's the NICEST thing you've seen a guest (or guests) do in one of the parks?

To contrast the other thread (http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...one-parks.html) and to balance out all that awfulness with some awesomeness, I present this thread!

Most of my trips to DLR, I was too young to remember many details... but my last trip in 2003 did produce a Happy story!

My Grandmother, and I were watching my 6 year old cousin over by California Screamin because he was too short to ride. We were hanging out by the railing that separated us from Paradise Bay. My cousin was playing with my Grandmother's cane when he accidentally dropped in into Paradise Bay!!

6 months later, my Grandparents got a package in the mail. DLR found the cane in Paradise Bay and mailed it back to them!! When I found out, I was shocked! How did they know where to send it??

My Grandfather is pretty smart man... He apparently wrote their address on a post-it note and put it on the cane before the trip. Extra bonus points for him wrapping it in water proof tape!!!

What's the NICEST thing you've seen a guest (or guests) do in one of the parks? Feel free to include heartwarming moments, dreams coming true, and anything is generally HAPPY!

Re: What's the NICEST thing you've seen a guest (or guests) do in one of the parks?

I can't think of a specific example.... but I like it when people give away their fast passes. I always make it a point to give away mine, too, if I know I won't use them.
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Re: What's the NICEST thing you've seen a guest (or guests) do in one of the parks?

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ney-pinch.html

Whether other people think it's right or wrong, I don't care. What I think the people did in this trip report of mine was one of the NICEST things I have ever seen guests do in the Disneyland Park.

Total Tender Rides: 20
      Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
      Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
      Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

Can't remember who posted this, but it was a story about a 4 (?) year old girl going deaf, and having to wear things in her ears, which she was embarrassed about. When she got in the front of the line to meet Cinderella, a little boy pushed and shoved his way to the front. Cinderella, noticing this, ignored the boy, ducked down to the little girl's level, and signed to her. She thought it was so cool that Cinderella knew sign language too.
        Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

I like that this contrasts the thread I started. I like happy things more haha

Comment

Originally posted by The First Star View Post
            I can't think of a specific example.... but I like it when people give away their fast passes. I always make it a point to give away mine, too, if I know I won't use them.
            I do this a lot especially if I leave early. Last time I gave my World of Color Fastpasses to a young family. They were very grateful and their daughter just smiled cause she was going to be able to see Ariel in WOC.

People in the parks I have noticed are usually in a very good mood. I find it fun and rewarding to talk to different people. Sometimes I'll hear someone talk about something going on at Disneyland or what have you and I just join in the conversation! Not like butting in where I shouldn't, but people are always happy to share their thoughts and experiences. I have met a few new friends this way
            Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Comment

Since this is contrasting the other awful (yet entertaining) thread, I'll just say people peeing where they're supposed to, people throwing away garbage in garbage cans, and families smiling and getting along

But in all seriousness, from what I've seen, (and I've been on both ends of this) the simple act of giving away a Fastpass you're not going to use to someone who will use it always brightens up that person's day.

Click the banner! ^^^^
              Follow us on Twitter
              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

It's always the simple things for me. Whilst not a Disneyland specific one at all (it happened in Paris instead) I was travelling solo to the park since it was en-route back home having done a large cross-country tour of other theme parks. Since I was alone, queueing took an interesting and often dull tone (which did show which queues were actually good by virtue of whether or not I was bored). In one 75 minute queue I got chatting with a really nice New Zealand family of 5, and that really made my day great. Simply things like chatting to the people next to you and sharing an experience with total strangers over a shared enthusiasm for Disney theme parks is great, and what Disney is about for me. It's the laughter when the family next to you gets wetter than you on Splash Mountain, or the knowing looks when frazzled after Space Mountain. That's always nice to see. Even the language barrier breaks down with some rides, particularly rapids rides. I don't need to know German to understand the look of "I may be wet right now, but that waterfall behind you will bite you in a minute, hahaha".

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ney-pinch.html

Whether other people think it's right or wrong, I don't care. What I think the people did in this trip report of mine was one of the NICEST things I have ever seen guests do in the Disneyland Park.
                  I read your story before and I thought it was awesome

---------- Post added 09-15-2012 at 08:34 AM ----------

Originally posted by ColonelWalrus View Post
                  I like that this contrasts the thread I started. I like happy things more haha
                  Oh good! I was hoping you wouldn't be annoyed at me for starting this thread. Just thought it would be a nice contrast. )

---------- Post added 09-15-2012 at 08:36 AM ----------

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                  Can't remember who posted this, but it was a story about a 4 (?) year old girl going deaf, and having to wear things in her ears, which she was embarrassed about. When she got in the front of the line to meet Cinderella, a little boy pushed and shoved his way to the front. Cinderella, noticing this, ignored the boy, ducked down to the little girl's level, and signed to her. She thought it was so cool that Cinderella knew sign language too.
                  That IS cool! Wow, what a great story!

Comment

This happened in Magic Kingdom, but still:
                    I was traveling to Walt Disney World by myself for a week. No real problem, but meals could get a bit lonely. I unthinkingly made dinner reservations at the Biergarten restaurant, not thinking that they seat you with other people, community style. Well, I was seated in between two different families. Both families started out in their own worlds, interacting only with their own groups. It was pretty darn awkward. I was getting ready to call it a bust and go when one of the children finally asked, "Who is that man?" I guess they finally realized that I was traveling/dining solo. After that, they included me in the conversation. It ended up to be a very nice evening. I appreciated that.

Now, one for Disneyland.
                    I was there with my daughter, who had just turned 7. Old enough to ride by herself. I went on everything with her, of course, until we got to Teacups. Well, I don't ride this without gettingsick. So I avoid it like the plague. But my girl really wanted to go on it. So I let her get in line, while I stood and watched from the side. In line, she started talking to a lady and her (found out later) niece, about the same age as my daughter. When they started boarding, they invited my girl into their teacup with them. This lady kept an extra eye on my girl, even though I was watching from the side the whole time.

Nothing that would make the papers, but it's these little acts of kindness that don't take much effort, but mean so much to people.
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Although I never knew who this person was, I had this wonderful experience . In 2002 I somehow got off of Small World without my fanny pack filled with cash, camera, ID and season passes for our family. When I noticed it 20 min or so later, I ran back to the ride to see if someone had turned it in, they hadn't. This was close to closing and we were leaving the next morning for home. I checked with lost and found after the park closed and nothing had been turned in. The next morn as we were leaving for home I ran over to lost and found to see if by chance someone had turned it in. They had, and everything was exactly has it had been, not one dollar missing. There are a lot of wonderful people in this world we live in and I wish I could have thanked the one who did this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                        Since this is contrasting the other awful (yet entertaining) thread, I'll just say people peeing where they're supposed to, people throwing away garbage in garbage cans, and families smiling and getting along
                        And using the appropriate diaper change stations.

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                        That is such a sweet story! I've always wanted to learn sign languages. One of the classes that I wish I had time to take in high school.

When my family visited on the day after Thanksgiving several years ago, the crowds were insane. Our stomaches were rumbling for lunch, and as my dad waited in line for over an hour, my mom and I attempted to find somewhere to sit. We walked around for the longest time and still found no empty tables. Eventually, my dad made his way through the line and received our food but we still had no where to eat. Another family saw this and invited us to sit with them. That was one of the nicest things that I've experienced at the park. A simple touch of kindness that really went a long way.

Comment

A few Januarys ago, we were waiting in the handicap line to get on the tram after the park had closed. Naturally, there was a line, and the wait for the handicap line bordered on 15-20 minutes. A truly fantastic CM was loading handicap vehicles in as quickly as she could, and due to the size of the most of the patrons and their motorized wheelchairs, she was only able to fit between 2-3 people and their families on per tram. 2-3 people allowed for their to be some space for movement, and putting anybody else on would've made it extremely uncomfortable for the other riders.

But of course, there had to be a sour patch in the line. In this case, it was an man and his wife who were both in their 50's and were behind me about half way down the line. The man was in a wheelchair and had lost both his legs and begin to harass the CM because he simply didn't want to wait much longer. It was somewhat cold, yes, but he was perfectly fine. Verbally harassing the poor CM, he began to throw insults at her and tried to claim to everyone that she was "prejudiced against handicaps," and was trying to punish us by making us wait while she fit only 2 people on per tram.

Eventually, the CM started to break and I suggested to everybody that we let the old sour puss and his wife skip ahead to the front of the line. Everybody eagerly agreed to do so and he got his way. But before he left, he took all these pictures of the poor lady and claimed he was going to report her to all these different places and what not. As soon as he left, the poor CM started to bawl and handed her position temporarily over to a fellow cast member while she brought herself together.

I made a point to talk to her managers and tell them what a fantastic experience we had with her and how she handed the situation perfectly. Everybody else in the line made sure to do the same and I highly respect them for doing so.

Comment

A guest? Not bragging about my own good deeds.

When I was at the MK in line for the old Snow White I saw an older lady waiting near the exit. A family of four was about 15 feet away. The older boy who I would guess was 8 or 9 went over to the lady and and appeared to ask if she would trade pins. The lady was presenting her lanyard and looking at his. The younger brother who was about 3 was out of the stoller and walked over to join his big brother. He was pointing at her pins and seemed to want one. The elder lady took her lanyard off and put it on the younger boy and started to walk away. The dad notice she was leaving and called after her as he went to take the lanyard off his younger child. The lady just turned, waved and smiled, then kept walking.

My nephew tripped in Fantasyland DL and bloodied both knees and an elbow. So we started to head toward the Castle and to First Aid(Hub end of Mainstreet on the left behind the Red Wagon serving corndogs). With my nephew visibly, on the way 4 diffferent guests offered directions to First Aid.
                            Be Cool Stay in School!
                            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

When I worked at WDW, a guest who had an issue was noticeable upset because she spilled something and I got the bulk of her anger. Of course, I helped her out and fixed her problem. I did feel a little bad because she was yelling at me, but I responded with kindness anyway.
                              A guest who happened to witness how she treated me (it was really not a big deal to me even though I felt bad) and she started talking to me and saying how great I was and how well I took it. She was a very nice lady. It turns out that he told a manager how great I was.'

Not to brag or anything, but sometimes it's the guest who makes the magic for the cast members. I felt terrific after that and I never got to thank that kind lady.
                              DisneyTwins
                              Since May 2003

Comment

Not actually in one of the parks:

When we were planning a trip to WDW, my daughter was only 3. I was on the phone with Disney when my daughter got all excited. I told her I was talking to Cinderella. Maybe not the best thing to do to calm down an excited 3 year old. Well, after i finished my business on the phone, I put the young lady I was talking to on the phone with my daughter. She had a conversation with her as Cinderella. My daughter wasa on Cloud Nine for a long time.
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

It was in Downtown Disney. I'd already had a Magical day (I'd begged and prayed for it not to rain so I could see Believe in Holiday Magic... and not a single drop until that moment). When we got out of the park, my parents were waiting for us in Downtown Disney. They were listening to the magnificent violinist that plays there sometimes, Drew Tretick. As soon as we got there... Drew Tretick started one of my favorite songs: The Prayer. And that same moment, the most magical soft drizzle started falling. And then, a senior couple just started dancing to the music. I guess they had it coreographed for a contest or a class or something... I don't know, but it was beautiful. A very nice thing to do and probably one of my most magical visits to Disney.
                                  I have a dream
                                  A song to sing
                                  To help me cope
                                  Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                                  of a FairyTale
                                  You can take the future
                                  even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                                  Something good in everything I see
                                  I believe in Angels
                                  When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

I can't remember anything as special (I hope our 10 day trip will slow me down this fall!). But thank you all for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post

When we were planning a trip to WDW, my daughter was only 3. I was on the phone with Disney when my daughter got all excited. I told her I was talking to Cinderella. Maybe not the best thing to do to calm down an excited 3 year old. Well, after i finished my business on the phone, I put the young lady I was talking to on the phone with my daughter. She had a conversation with her as Cinderella. My daughter wasa on Cloud Nine for a long time.
                                      same here just it was tinkerbell

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post

Sbk1234, since I've already marked one of your posts on this thread as helpful and can't also mark this one, so I'll publicly write. . . thank you for posting this!

And (as another CM or former CM mentioned), guests who gave me official guest compliments at City Hall were wonderful. Back in the 80s, I was informed of these and was thanked/congratulated by managers who were fairly high up.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X