This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The Tahitian Terrace is re-opening for one night - Oct. 13

There are just two weeks left to purchase tickets to Mousetalgia's re-opening of the Tahitian Terrace on Oct. 13, 2012. The event is open to anyone who would like to attend, so if you're thinking about joining us, now is the time to sign up.

Disneyland is working hard to recreate the look and feel of the original Tahitian Terrace inside of Aladdin's Oasis in Adventureland, which was the original location of the Tahitian Terrace. Disneyland is also re-creating a Polynesian show that will duplicate the original dinner show as closely as possible, complete with dancers, musicians, and special surprises. The exquisite buffet dinner will include menu items specifically selected from three different menus from the Tahitian Terrace's history, and you'll get to take home your replica menu as a souvenir.

After dinner, Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily will be hosting a conversation with WED Imagineer Rolly Crump, who worked directly with Walt Disney and was responsible for designing many elements of Adventureland and Disneyland park. Your ticket will also include a frameable letterpress print to take home as a memento of the evening.

Tickets are $259, and are available at www.mousetalgiastore.com . Park admission is required and not included, though attendees can purchase twilight tickets from us for admission after 4:00 pm for a reduced price. After well over a year of planning and negotiating, we're excited to present this evening to anyone who wishes to re-live the Tahitian Terrace experience, or enjoy it for the first time. Hope to see some of you there!
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

Re: The Tahitian Terrace is re-opening for one night - Oct. 13

Originally posted by ChefMayhem View Post
    There are just two weeks left to purchase tickets to Mousetalgia's re-opening of the Tahitian Terrace on Oct. 13, 2012. The event is open to anyone who would like to attend, so if you're thinking about joining us, now is the time to sign up.

Disneyland is working hard to recreate the look and feel of the original Tahitian Terrace inside of Aladdin's Oasis in Adventureland, which was the original location of the Tahitian Terrace. Disneyland is also re-creating a Polynesian show that will duplicate the original dinner show as closely as possible, complete with dancers, musicians, and special surprises. The exquisite buffet dinner will include menu items specifically selected from three different menus from the Tahitian Terrace's history, and you'll get to take home your replica menu as a souvenir.

After dinner, Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily will be hosting a conversation with WED Imagineer Rolly Crump, who worked directly with Walt Disney and was responsible for designing many elements of Adventureland and Disneyland park. Your ticket will also include a frameable letterpress print to take home as a memento of the evening.

Tickets are $259, and are available at www.mousetalgiastore.com . Park admission is required and not included, though attendees can purchase twilight tickets from us for admission after 4:00 pm for a reduced price. After well over a year of planning and negotiating, we're excited to present this evening to anyone who wishes to re-live the Tahitian Terrace experience, or enjoy it for the first time. Hope to see some of you there!
    Wow!!! That sounds so wonderful!!!
    Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

Comment

Too bad it is so pricey, I would love to do this! Maybe this signals Disney's thinking of returning this restaurant to the park.

Comment

This is killing me. I'm out of town that week.

Comment

I would love to go but I just cannot afford it! Not that it is priced too high, it's that I have so many other events going on in the next couple of months that things are spread pretty thin for me. But believe me i soooo wish I could go!

I just want to let you in on one thing. I was listening to one of your podcasts and you mentioned that they will be serving Jungle Julep as part of the meal. That's so awesome that they are bringing that back! You also referenced a show where the recipe was revealed. I hate to say this, but that is not the actual recipe. I think the ingredients were correct except that one of them was Tang powder. Jungle Juleps in fact did not contain Tang. Rather, they used actual orange juice instead, supplied directly from Sunkist. The Sunkist Citrus House would open hours before the park opened, and they would squeeze the oranges there and distribute the juice to the park's restaurants for their beverage menus. They also mixed up the Jungle Juleps there and distributed them to Sunkist I Presume, and to the Tahitian Terrace to be served there.

By 1991 Sunkist had left the park, so it is possible that after this Disney substituted Tang in place of the actual orange juice. And this would make sense -- Sunkist took their juicing equipment with them when they left, and the man hours it would take Disney manually juice oranges just to make one type of beverage would have been way too high to justify using fresh-squeezed orange juice as one of the ingredients.

Anyway have a great time! If I could go I definitely would. Come back and post pictures and/or video of the event. I would love to see it.

Comment

Does it come with a brick of gold?
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

The $259 ticket price is heavily subsidized by our sponsor and by the Mousetalgia podcast itself, and is significantly less than the actual per person cost of hosting the event.
              Chef Mayhem

Comment

I already booked a trip the week prior. If there wasn't so much to change with work, MHP tickets, flights, hotel, shuttle, etc. I would change weeks in a heartbeat just to do this. It sounds wonderful and I am thrilled for anyone who can attend. Please take lots of pictures and video if possible!

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMayhem View Post
                  The $259 ticket price is heavily subsidized by our sponsor and by the Mousetalgia podcast itself, and is significantly less than the actual per person cost of hosting the event.
                  Tempting...Chef, are you doing another Doombug event next year??? We were bummed we couldn't do the 10 year one!

Comment

Originally posted by asianway View Post
                    Tempting...Chef, are you doing another Doombug event next year??? We were bummed we couldn't do the 10 year one!
                    We are tentatively looking at '13 to host a 15th anniversary party. But a lot of it depends on how Mousetalgia's Terrace event goes, quite frankly. This is the most significant event I've been a part of, and will be hard to top. Hope to see you there, asianway!
                    Chef Mayhem

Comment

Ummmm... Just bring back the old show PERMANATLY

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
                        Ummmm... Just bring back the old show PERMANATLY
                        I agree. What a perfect fit that restaurant was, and should continue to be, for that area. It's such a wasted dead zone right now. Um, like the People Mover track.

But I digress.

How great would it be to bring that back?

Comment

My thought, too. I hope if this is successful, it may be a message to tptb to consider reopening it permanently.

However, the price is definately going to rule out many folks.

"The $259 ticket price is heavily subsidized by our sponsor and by the Mousetalgia podcast itself, and is significantly less than the actual per person cost of hosting the event."

ChefMayhem, this may be true, however, the reality is for many people, $259 is an unobtainable cost right now. Times however many family members you'd want to bring, it works out to way too much for a single night's festivities. If I could afford that right now, for example, I'd be buying APs which would be good for a whole year. True, it's an expensive evening to put together, so perhaps the high cost is just unavoidable, but that doesn't make it any less expensive for those of us who just can't afford it.
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I'm in! Can't wait!
                            Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be? - hang gliding, come on!

Comment

One night is not enough. An expensive event is not enough. Bring the Tahitian Terrace back permanently, because it's just the right thing to do.

Comment

So... they're taking unused space, dressing it all fancy for just a pricey one-nighter?

Why don't you just reopen it?

Comment

interesting. don't know if I can make it.

two questions

are they going to remove the Aladdin stagging?

are twilight tickets only available for special events or are they generally available but not widely advertised?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                                    So... they're taking unused space, dressing it all fancy for just a pricey one-nighter?

Why don't you just reopen it?
                                    Here here. They spent all this money to redo carnation plaza gardens yet leave the aladdins oasis collect dust.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
                                    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
                                    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
                                    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

I just don't get why Disney fights so hard to leave the place closed....there is money to be made from a restaurant with live performances yet Disney chooses to just let the place sit there doing nothing
                                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

That sounds like SO much fun ~ have a GREAT time! I join with the others who hope the Tahitian Terrace will return to Disneyland, and at an affordable price.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X