This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Remember...Dreams Come True

so I had a few friends at the park last night, and they said "Remember" premiered last night (9/14) with it's original rendition including the Thunder Mountain/Shooting Range segment.

can anyone confirm this!? if it's true, then i'm really excited!

Re: Remember...Dreams Come True

I hope so! The DL website says that next weekend (when I'm going) they're doing Remember...Dreams Come True. I would be so happy since that's my favorite fireworks display that I've seen!
    sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I went to the park last night and saw Remember, and they still didn't have the Thunder Mountain/Shooting Range segment. It still transitions directly to Fantasyland after "Shenendoah" is played.

Regardless, I still love this fireworks show, and I'm just happy to watch it again.
      Last edited by Sorcerer Dan; 09-15-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

aw man that means they were lying to me then. thanks.

Comment

Why would they remove the Big Thunder segment? Only Disney would take something that's perfect (original RDCT fireworks show) and screw around with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krack View Post
            Only Disney would take something that's perfect (original RDCT fireworks show) and screw around with it.
            This post makes me sick. The number of things Disney does right far outweighs the things they do wrong, and getting worked up over one scene of a Fireworks show is ridiculous.
            Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

What had been playing cuz I went in February and I thought it was remember

Comment

Originally posted by wonton View Post
                What had been playing cuz I went in February and I thought it was remember
                You did see Remember Dreams Come True in Ferbruary. It's the standard fireworks show that runs in the Fall and Spring. During the summer is Magical and during the Holiday Season Believe in Holiday Magic. Halloween Screams since the Halloween Parties moved back into DL versus DCA, only run during the Halloween Parties, previously they were the fireworks during the Halloween Season.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I think Remember is the best fireworks show they've ever done, followed by Halloween Screams. I'm glad Remember is back in rotation. It's too bad about the Big Thunder section, but I think it's still a remarkable show.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
                    I think Remember is the best fireworks show they've ever done, followed by Halloween Screams. I'm glad Remember is back in rotation. It's too bad about the Big Thunder section, but I think it's still a remarkable show.
                    100% Agreed! I can't wait to finally see Halloween Screams this year, I finally broke down and paid for it. I haven't seen it since it's first (general admission) year, so I'm really excited!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                      This post makes me sick. The number of things Disney does right far outweighs the things they do wrong, and getting worked up over one scene of a Fireworks show is ridiculous.
                      You'll get over it. Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Univ of Energy, Journey Into Imagination, Future World (in general), the Peoplemover, the Rocket Jets (and their placement), Alien Encounter, the Enchanted Tiki Room, IASW, the Haunted Mansion (specifically the WDW queue), WDW's Main Street, etc.

Disney does plenty of things great. But that does not excuse them doing things poorly or making poor choices. Removing portions of RDCT is a poor choice.

Comment

does dumbo still fly

Comment

Originally posted by wonton View Post
                          does dumbo still fly
                          Dumbo flies during "Magical", so unfortunately he won't be flying again until next summer.
                          *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                          *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                          *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

Originally posted by Krack View Post
                            You'll get over it. Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Univ of Energy, Journey Into Imagination, Future World (in general), the Peoplemover, the Rocket Jets (and their placement), Alien Encounter, the Enchanted Tiki Room, IASW, the Haunted Mansion (specifically the WDW queue), WDW's Main Street, etc.

Disney does plenty of things great. But that does not excuse them doing things poorly or making poor choices. Removing portions of RDCT is a poor choice.
                            Agree with you 100%. There are so many things that need attention, yet sometimes Disney feels the need to mess with something that is already great. RDCT blows away Magical, and RDCT should be the premiere fireworks show during the summer (which is anniversary time anyway making it more apropos). Put Magical into the off-season rotation, and downgrade if they must to save money, but don't touch the perfection of RDCT.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                              Actually, I don't think it is ridiculous. Disney taking that great portion out of the show is ridiculous. RDCT was perfect and they shouldn't have touched it. It's still the best Disney firework show out there, but they should have left the Thunder Mountain section alone.
                              Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by jasmineray View Post
                                Actually, I don't think it is ridiculous. Disney taking that great portion out of the show is ridiculous. RDCT was perfect and they shouldn't have touched it. It's still the best Disney firework show out there, but they should have left the Thunder Mountain section alone.
                                yep.... like most other people, I far prefer RDCT over Magical. Put the Baby Mine / Dumbo segment into Dreams and there would be no reason to swap it out except for the special holiday shows. As for removing segments from RDCT - though Disney doesn't say - the estimated cost of a firework display is around $40,000 if you believe various internet sources. Removing firework segments probably leads to some cost savings.
                                Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
                                  yep.... like most other people, I far prefer RDCT over Magical. Put the Baby Mine / Dumbo segment into Dreams and there would be no reason to swap it out except for the special holiday shows. As for removing segments from RDCT - though Disney doesn't say - the estimated cost of a firework display is around $40,000 if you believe various internet sources. Removing firework segments probably leads to some cost savings.
                                  I am also guessing that the pyro in front of the castle (the "bullets") must have been somewhat of a hassle to prep up every night. I agree that it's a shame it's not there... it was probably one of my favorite parts of the show. (right after Star Tours). I haven't seen it since 2007... are there any more parts cut? :/
                                  I have a dream
                                  A song to sing
                                  To help me cope
                                  Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                                  of a FairyTale
                                  You can take the future
                                  even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                                  Something good in everything I see
                                  I believe in Angels
                                  When I know the time is right for me...