This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Soundsational Parade Cancel Due to the Heat

I went to DL today n i was riding the train when they say that have cancel the first showing of Mickey Soundsational Parade due to the heat, they will replace with a cavalcade. He also say that they have been canceling soundsational parade when the heat started. They still showing the MSP at 6:30pm when the heat got lower.

Re: Soundsational Parade Cancel Due to the Heat

That stinks. How hot was it today?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

^100, give or take.
      Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

It was so hot today, But some of the lines for the rides was 50 min or less.

Comment

It is great that they were thinking of the performers and didn't want them to get heat exhaustion!
          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

oh I hope I hope I hope it cools down a bit before we get there next week! the forecasts say it should.. but 90 is still pretty hot.

Comment

The cool part is that the stores that only sell like souvenir like pens, pins, books and other disney stuff they where also selling water n those stores for the heat.

Comment

It was horribly hott today; they also cancelled the pixar play in dca.

has everyone seen the new Halloween cups!??? amazing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                  That stinks. How hot was it today?
                  It was so hot, that they had to cancel the parades! Badum-tchhh

Comment

Some years past if the temperature got to hot they used to even give waters out for free. I'm surprised that they have not done that again with temperatures going over 100

Comment

Well, water fountains are free, and there are a couple of stations for filling water bottles, and if you go to any quick service window they will give you ice water for free. I'm just generally in favor of using as few disposable bottles as possible, especially with the number of people who throw them in the regular trash.

Comment

Originally posted by GlennAlexander View Post
                        has everyone seen the new Halloween cups!??? amazing!!!
                        Yes! They are very decorative.
                        Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Comment

What do they do with the walkaround characters when it gets that hot? Do they only have them out for very short periods of time, or do they have them indoors, or?

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                            What do they do with the walkaround characters when it gets that hot? Do they only have them out for very short periods of time, or do they have them indoors, or?
                            Yes they have them out but they are out no more then 20 to 30 mins tops. I was there yesturday as well. When I saw the Princess they only had 2 of the 3 that are usely out together the middle station that is for one of the Princess was empty so they put shade there for people can walk to the next Princess. I had seen Woody over at Big Thunder Range under the house they have over there and like reg. Goofy,Pluto and the others under the Great Monets sign until it got dark. As far as I know there wasn't any Princess by the castle cause of it been to hot.

Comment

I live right down the street from Disneyland and it was 105 degrees yesterday.. 106 on Friday.. No surprise they would cancel the early afternoon parades.

It's surprising Disney does not seem to do anything extra for guests when it gets so hot. Yet up at Universal Studios, they open cooling room and give out free water and let guests watch movies.. Disneyland does have drinking fountains, but half of them either the pressure is too low or the water is warm...

Comment

I think disney should do like a cavalcade water parade for the hot days.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook View Post
                                  Yes they have them out but they are out no more then 20 to 30 mins tops. I was there yesturday as well. When I saw the Princess they only had 2 of the 3 that are usely out together the middle station that is for one of the Princess was empty so they put shade there for people can walk to the next Princess. I had seen Woody over at Big Thunder Range under the house they have over there and like reg. Goofy,Pluto and the others under the Great Monets sign until it got dark. As far as I know there wasn't any Princess by the castle cause of it been to hot.
                                  I'm glad they're looking after the characters this way. Those costumes, wigs and heavy princess gowns must be hard to endure in this heat.

Comment

Best cold water fountain in DL, in my opinion, is in line for pirates on the right loop
                                    sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Originally posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
                                      Best cold water fountain in DL, in my opinion, is in line for pirates on the right loop
                                      That is so true when we got on pirates yesterday there like alot of people stoping at that water fountain drinking water or filling up there water bottles.

Comment

Is not that hot today. Its a good day to go to Disneyland Resort n Enjoy the day.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X