This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soundsational Parade Cancel Due to the Heat

Disneyland needs to rework all their fountains to the new age. What I mean is look at the fountains at DCA. More specifically, the ones near the restrooms near Flo's V8. Those fountains are in a convenient location (Not having to go through a ride queue for it), have a lot of pressure so you don't have to get your mouth very close to the dirty spout, and is a very refreshing cold. The only fountains in DL that I know y heart I always drink out of because they are almost as perfect as the ones in DCA (The water is luke warm, but still cool enough) are the fountains embedded in the walls of Indiana Jones after you exit the vehicle. But of course we all know THAT​ is not an option until 3 months pass.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
      Disneyland needs to rework all their fountains to the new age. What I mean is look at the fountains at DCA. More specifically, the ones near the restrooms near Flo's V8. Those fountains are in a convenient location (Not having to go through a ride queue for it), have a lot of pressure so you don't have to get your mouth very close to the dirty spout, and is a very refreshing cold. The only fountains in DL that I know y heart I always drink out of because they are almost as perfect as the ones in DCA (The water is luke warm, but still cool enough) are the fountains embedded in the walls of Indiana Jones after you exit the vehicle. But of course we all know THAT​ is not an option until 3 months pass.

Yes!!!!! I remember thinking the same think this first time I went to CarsLand... beautiful, cold water!!
      I have a dream
      A song to sing
      To help me cope
      Trough everything

If you see the wonder
      of a FairyTale
      You can take the future
      even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
      Something good in everything I see
      I believe in Angels
      When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

I was thinking it was so hot this past week, Imagine how cold winter going to be.

Comment

When I was in the park recently with my niece we did stop to watch Soundsational, and it was so hot I couldn't even enjoy it. (and it's my one of my favorite things to do at DLR) the sun was just beating down I couldn't find shade, my poor niece(3yearsold) was red and sweating and I just was very uncomfortable. The poor dancers even looked uncomfortable.
          I was thinking how awesome would a water feature be like in pixar play parade. Lol
          Due to the heat, after the parade, my niece was drained and all flustered, and very quite. So I took her over to bugs land to let her play in the water and she cooled off. It really helped a lot!
          So I think canceling on extremely hot days is okay, just catch it at a later time in the day when it cools off (:

Comment

I've noticed lately (In the Lion King unit) that one of the dances has been eliminated (During the soundsational theme, the monkeys just swing their arms sideways now. Before, the choreography was much more elaborate)
            I wondered if that change was due to the heat?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Fedora View Post
              I've noticed lately (In the Lion King unit) that one of the dances has been eliminated (During the soundsational theme, the monkeys just swing their arms sideways now. Before, the choreography was much more elaborate)
              I wondered if that change was due to the heat?
              When it hits different heat indexes the parade has different contingencies to help the performers. So, when you were in the parade must have been on one of these contingencies.

Comment

I was in the parks both 9/14 and 9/15. It was insanely hot. Highs of 108˚ on Fri and 105˚ on Sat. Both were records (by 10 degrees and 9 degrees, respectively!).

Fri afternoon, the doorhandle at Elias & Co. was so hot, I actually jumped back when I touched it. And it was "only" 106˚ (and cooling) at the time. The greeter inside told me they hadn't let characters walk around that afternoon.

On Saturday, I happened to catch part of the Red Car Newsboys show twice. The first time, I saw the end--and they didn't have a Mickey. The second time, they had Mickey, but they didn't do the show; the trolley just did a full circuit repeating the pre-show and post-show music with the kids waving and lip-syncing the whole time.

I also took the Walk in Walt's Disneyland footsteps tour on Saturday morning. There were a few moments I felt as if I were cooking...

Comment

How does the Red Car show end if Mickey doesn't come out?

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                    it was so hot, that they had to cancel the parades! Badum-tchhh
                    ha!
                    I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                      How does the Red Car show end if Mickey doesn't come out?
                      Strangely.

I didn't really pay too close attention to it--I was moving from one air-conditioned space to another at the time. I just registered that it was weird that yellow-shirt boy was shutting everyone back into the trolley with no Mickey in sight. I think they may have just finished after the first bit of the Suitcase and a Dream song.

Comment

The best places to get water are The Plaza Inn, Golden Winery, and Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.

Just go in and ask for a cup of water and they will give you a cup that you usually receive for soda, and use the water option under Poweraid. Not only is it free, its also cleaner and cold compared to water fountains in the park! I've also carried my own water bottles and filled them up at these locations too.
                        For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X