Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

    So it's open. The most exciting holiday overlay in my opinion, although I love Mansion. Is it the same as always or did they finally mix things up a bit?

  • #2
    Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

    Sorry I couldn't tell you if its different as it was my first time going on it. Let me just though that its amazing!!! The scary ghost monster nebula thing is really awesome. It swipes at you and follows you along the track! The music and sound effects are stellar as well.
    Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

      still the same i went there this past friday and nothing new so far. still had fun though

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

        Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
        still the same i went there this past friday and nothing new so far. still had fun though
        I agree. Yet tonight a lot of the effects were not operating functioning.
        Little and broken, but still good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

          Originally posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
          tonight a lot of the effects were not operating functioning.
          To quote Iago: "I'm going to have a HEART ATTACK from that surprise!"
          It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

            Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
            still the same i went there this past friday and nothing new so far. still had fun though
            Ugh... so still you can see the "monster" effects from a mile away,, or have they at least replaced the projectors with some that can do a true blackout? I never found the effects to be well done.

            Personally I think it would work better in complete darkness, just to have a light effect at the end.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

              Despite it being the same thing I'm still excited to go on it next week. Plus Ghost Galaxy becomes my boyfriends favorite ride over Star Tours during Halloween so he's super excited
              sigpic

              Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                Still waiting for the "wow" factor with Ghost Galaxy. So far, long on potential, short on delivery.
                Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

                http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

                75,000+ page views and counting.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                  Here's my video of Ghost Galaxy with no Night Vision. You can actually see the ghost projection in my video, unlike some videos on YouTube where you can barely see the ghosts projection.

                  My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                  http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                    I still think they should turn the star effects off. It's far too bright.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                      Originally posted by MactheMan View Post
                      I still think they should turn the star effects off. It's far too bright.
                      this



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                        Mmmmmm, that soundtrack.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                          Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                          To quote Iago: "I'm going to have a HEART ATTACK from that surprise!"

                          *"from NOT surprised".

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                            I think there going to hold off a few years before "revamping" up the effects since people still love the ride....I mean look at HMH...no "real" upgrades in years and people still line up for it...so we may have to wait a while before we see a better version of it
                            Happy Halloween!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                              Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                              I think there going to hold off a few years before "revamping" up the effects since people still love the ride....I mean look at HMH...no "real" upgrades in years and people still line up for it...so we may have to wait a while before we see a better version of it
                              People line up for it because they're good rides, not because they don't feel there's room for improvement. People eat at Pizza Port too, don't they?

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                                I went on it last Halloween and wasn't too impressed, but it's a nice change from the normal Space Mountain. It just needs some effects in the queue.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                                  I find the sound effects outside the mountain quite eerie.....along the roof of the mountain...are they still the same?

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                                    Originally posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
                                    Ugh... so still you can see the "monster" effects from a mile away,, or have they at least replaced the projectors with some that can do a true blackout? I never found the effects to be well done.

                                    Personally I think it would work better in complete darkness, just to have a light effect at the end.
                                    that is something that would be great in darkness.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                                      Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                                      People line up for it because they're good rides, not because they don't feel there's room for improvement. People eat at Pizza Port too, don't they?
                                      They are....just why not add more? Or change it up? Would not ruin the rides to make them different now and then...HMH has been running for over ten years could us something new besides the Ginger bread house and Ghost Galaxy while I great ride...Q need some work and they need to make it so the projections lines don't show seems like some fair comments on both rides
                                      Happy Halloween!!!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Ghost Galaxy is open. Thoughts?

                                        If it is the same as previous years - meh. It was not great, but more importantly - it was not bad. It was not oppressive and did not divert greatly from the ride experience.

                                        It was subtle enough to not kill Space Mountain for those who do not enjoy being smothered in Halloween.





                                        sigpic

                                        I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X