X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Re: Fantasmic! Advice

I got the special seating once. The food they serve is a variety in a box, but still good.

Leave a comment:

• pushforth
    replied

so does Disneyland ever cancel the second showing of Fantasmic last minute?

We're thinking now that we'll try and catch the fireworks ("Remember, Dreams Come True" - I hear that's one of their best!) and do the second showing... we'll just have to give the kids coffee HAHA - J/K! But if we do, we have to miss out on the first showing of Fantasmic. And if Disneyland cancels the second showing, well, that puts us S.O.L!

Also, the second showing is 40 minutes after the fireworks end... is that enough time to get situated with a decent spot? Do people typically leave the park after the fireworks?

Leave a comment:

• Brisal73
    replied

Check out this link to Mouse Expedition
    Mouse Expedition: Tip of the Week: Where to watch Fantasmic

It talks about the second show, but it will also give you an idea on the sweet spots to view the show.

#1 the middle seating area
    #2 the standing viewing area behind the middle light tower

Leave a comment:

• Wreckless Abrandon
    replied

And strollers in the seating area will be moved to the stroller parking in front of PotC... er at least that's what they did last month.

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Disney still needs to figure out better seating arrangements for these shows.
    This.

Leave a comment:

• 4Apples4Disney
    replied

Disney still needs to figure out better seating arrangements for these shows.

Leave a comment:

• dictionary
    replied

You know I would say a good hour..it depends on how crowded DL is that day. I have gone an hour and sat and waited (minus a blanket or towel) only to find people camped around me with blankets, strollers and what not..and then when the show begins everyone starts crowding together and people stand..IMO leave the stoller folded or parked somewhere other than in the Fantasmic viewing spot. Bring something to sit on because waiting for an hour on cold hard cement isn't exactly comfy. But I would pull that up and stand..and realize people are going to just walk up while you have camped out for the past hour only to squeeze in and stand in front of you so bring a bucket of patience.

I like to spend the $60 just because me sitting in a chair and not having to arrive until 20 min before the show and be given hot beverages and food is definitely my way to go..alas not so cheap when you have a huge family.

Leave a comment:

• Jayce
    replied

Originally posted by serviceelevator View Post
    Don't spread out a blanket! You might upset some people on the site!
    A towel would be more acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• serviceelevator
    replied

Don't spread out a blanket! You might upset some people on the site!

Leave a comment:

• tech4all
    replied

I know other's have said arrive at least 2-3 hours before before it starts. But my family usually arrives about 30 minutes before it starts and we get a nice spot just to the right of the control booth (center light tower just in front of POTC). I'm not sure how old your children are, but you could have put them on your shoulders if they can't see too well. But if you don't want to risk it since this is your first time seeing the show, do the 2-3 hour wait.

Regarding the special seating. I did it once when it was up in the balcony. It was decent, but not worth the money IMO. I don't really feel like eating/drinking during the show. I mean it's fine if it's your first time, but it's not really cheap. Course nothing at Disneyland is; when you go to Disneyland not only do you pay the sales tax, but also the "Disney tax."

Leave a comment:

• PrincessLizz
    replied

Everyone always LOVE Fantasmic! I even remember when I was younger and I was so amazed. It's very incredible. You want to get a good viewing exspecially if you have little ones you want them to be able to see. So show up a bit early like the others have said and I do recommend to stand cause sitting the railings get in your way of your view. Oh and try to be the ones in front of the standing area, you don't want to be stuck behind someone especially if there tall! One of my favorite things to do though is grab a sweet snack to enjoy while your waiting, or like my little niece likes to get some popcorn.
    Oh and I've had some 'potty trips' I had to make happen in 4 mins before the show started.
    So beware of those with kids. Lol.
    Right after the show, I like to jet straight for pirates!!!! Cause theres practically no line and it'll give time for the crowd to die down. And usually no one is on pirates during this time so I most of the time get a boat to myself with my party. So that's great. Just a tip if your trying to beat crowds.

Have fun and enjooooy Fantasmic!

Leave a comment:

• Eric5675
    replied

My recommendation is 1.5-1 hour before show time, go to Haubted Mansion and walk down the large steps in front of the raft landing. You are permitted to sit on the wall to the left. The purpose of this is three fold. 1) you get to sit and can lean back against a fence (with a small mon-pokey bush for lumbar support ) 2) You can still see the entire show from this side, whereas you cannot from the far right (or even the middle for some parts) and 3) easy escape: you won't have to push through people to leave at the end or when taking kiddos to the restroom. After the show ends, you can easily make it into the NOS train station, Haunted Mansion queue, or Critter Country for a ride on Pooh so you don't have to turn into cattle as you exit. Or you can stay and watch the fireworks which will follow right afterwards.

Hope you have a great time regardless of your plan!

Leave a comment:

• Mouser172
    replied

Originally posted by 14 MPH View Post
    I agree with others....8pm is good.

Also, if you can bring a towel or blanket to lay on the ground. That way you can reserve the spot for your whole group. If it's just one of you holding place in line some people may not care and take your spot.
    I agree. I wouldn't care if someone says they're "saving" spots for their family. If there's an open space I'll take it. But I'm not going to stand on someones towel or blanket.

Leave a comment:

• pushforth
    replied

Thanks everyone! Only a few more days Can't wait to post my first trip report!!

Leave a comment:

• 14 MPH
    replied

I agree with others....8pm is good.

Also, if you can bring a towel or blanket to lay on the ground. That way you can reserve the spot for your whole group. If it's just one of you holding place in line some people may not care and take your spot.

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

I agree about seeing the second show, if possible, like Sarafina mentioned. It is a lot less crowded and easier to get a good spot. You don't have to wait around nearly as long.

Leave a comment:

• Sarafina
    replied

My favorite spot is right behind the middle light tower. It's a great spot because not many people realize that right before the show starts, the tower goes up and you have a great view of the middle of the show. The people in front of you are the desert seating, so they don't obstruct and I generally can still get a spot there 1hr-45 min before the show. If you go to the second Fantasmic, you'll have no problems at all, as it's much less crowded.

Leave a comment:

• DrFink
    replied

I always wait to eat dinner and grab an outside table at either Cafe Orleans or River Belle Terrace. Last time I saw Fantasmic I got dinner at River Belle and was able to get a table close to the fence. The view of the show was a little to the side but it was still a great one. You are able to see the fireworks from there as well.
    I have sat at the sitting area right in front of Rivers of America before and it is a great view but you have to wait a really long time. With younger kids it is more difficult (after witnessing it myself) because they can get restless, especially if you are closer to the front and start having people pile behind you. It is really easy to feel boxed in.

One other little area I discovered, which I know is limited, is the smoking area in front of the Haunted Mansion. My experience there is already 6 years old and I don't know if the smoking area still exists, but I went with my mom who is a smoker and we stood in the smoking area with about 4 other people the entire show. You are right on the water and have a great view of everything. Just an fyi for the smokers out there. The CM's can't kick you out of that area despite the show going on.

Leave a comment:

• pushforth
    replied

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I don't know how big your family is, or what the resources are, but they also have premium seating for Fantasmic that comes with coffee/hot cocoa and desserts. It's pricey, but in my opinion worth it.
    I've seen those packages. $60 for dessert? For a family of 5, that'd be a $300 expense. :ceek:

---------- Post added 09-17-2012 at 10:10 AM ----------

Originally posted by Spence View Post
    Not sure how determined you guys are to get the best view, BUT, if you want a view literally right at the front on the railings that look onto the Rivers of America, here's a tip. Put down your stuff (Stroller, blanket's, barbed wire etc.) right at the fence surrounding the river in front of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 HOURS before show starting time (that's what I did when I saw Fantasmic for the first time, but that was during REALLY busy month but September 23rd, you could probably get away with arriving around 2 hours prior). Now, have one adult watch the gear while the kids and the other adult go on a ride, and then they come back and alternate until the show begins. Not sure how keen you are to sitting at the very front but honestly, you're kids will love it, especially when the dragon breaths fire at the crowd, you really feel the heat!
    WOW! The fact that you're having to say "get away with arriving around 2 hours prior" is pretty telling! Usually, a 2 hour wait would be something I would expect on a super busy day.

I am so glad I asked this question! I was planning on showing up about 20 minutes early!

Thanks for the tips!!

Leave a comment:

• Spence
    replied

Not sure how determined you guys are to get the best view, BUT, if you want a view literally right at the front on the railings that look onto the Rivers of America, here's a tip. Put down your stuff (Stroller, blanket's, barbed wire etc.) right at the fence surrounding the river in front of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 HOURS before show starting time (that's what I did when I saw Fantasmic for the first time, but that was during REALLY busy month but September 23rd, you could probably get away with arriving around 2 hours prior). Now, have one adult watch the gear while the kids and the other adult go on a ride, and then they come back and alternate until the show begins. Not sure how keen you are to sitting at the very front but honestly, you're kids will love it, especially when the dragon breaths fire at the crowd, you really feel the heat!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X