This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Something is ALREADY missing from HMH

I rode HMH on Friday (opening day) and after we boarded our "dark christmas sleigh" the first Scary Teddy you see was holding a fishing pole with a small present dangling fairly close to the buggies. By Sunday at 1:30pm we noticed the present was gone, and he was just holding the fishing pole. Did anyone else notice this? Anyone happen to know what happened to the present?

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Re: Something is ALREADY missing from HMH

Security received word of a suspicious package and after the dogs went crazy over the present they took it out of there to investigate
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
      Security received word of a suspicious package and after the dogs went crazy over the present they took it out of there to investigate
      I can't tell if this is a serious response or not haha :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
        I rode HMH on Friday (opening day) and after we boarded our "dark christmas sleigh" the first Scary Teddy you see was holding a fishing pole with a small present dangling fairly close to the buggies. By Sunday at 1:30pm we noticed the present was gone, and he was just holding the fishing pole. Did anyone else notice this? Anyone happen to know what happened to the present?
        I am curious to know if this has become the NEW apple in Snow White or key in Pirates? Rather sad someone felt compelled to do this opening weekend. Hope it returns again soon.
        Little and broken, but still good.

Comment

Originally posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
          I am curious to know if this has become the NEW apple in Snow White or key in Pirates? Rather sad someone felt compelled to do this opening weekend. Hope it returns again soon.
          I highly doubt someone got up and grabbed it. If I recall it would be nearly impossible to stand up and reach it without falling over, having someone see you/getting caught on camera, or setting off some sort of sensor. Just as difficult would be getting off the ride with said piece. I just don't see it happening.

Comment

Maybe they took it out to repair something or to replace it with another item later? It happens.
            Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
              I highly doubt someone got up and grabbed it. If I recall it would be nearly impossible to stand up and reach it without falling over, having someone see you/getting caught on camera, or setting off some sort of sensor. Just as difficult would be getting off the ride with said piece. I just don't see it happening.
              Without giving too much away, it is entirely possible for a Guest to stand up and grab at anything at that point in the ride and not be seen by any cameras or CM's. The only way they would trigger anything is if they stepped out of their vehicle, and then they'd hit a basic safety system.

But standing up and in your buggy there? Not a problem at all. There are only cameras at a few key points along the ride, and large sections of the ride track go entirely unseen and unmonitored.

The present was indeed snatched by a Guest, and the Entertainment group that creates and installs Holiday was not pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                Without giving too much away, it is entirely possible for a Guest to stand up and grab at anything at that point in the ride and not be seen by any cameras or CM's. The only way they would trigger anything is if they stepped out of their vehicle, and then they'd hit a basic safety system.

But standing up and in your buggy there? Not a problem at all. There are only cameras at a few key points along the ride, and large sections of the ride track go entirely unseen and unmonitored.

The present was indeed snatched by a Guest, and the Entertainment group that creates and installs Holiday was not pleased.
                Another example of how stupid some people can be.. sad.

Comment

*sigh* this is why we can't have nice things anymore.

is there a way to chain down the next present or move it higher so it can't be swiped? It's a shame it comes to that, but people have no class these days.
                  Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneymike View Post
                    Another example of how stupid some people can be.. sad.
                    Stupid and selfish.
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I stand corrected! Thanks for the insight!

Comment

To bad they could not have something like the exploding dye pack that way the thief could be identified and delt with, but they would then complain about their hands and cloths getting stainded. I also have a feeling that there might be a change in the camera angles so they can watch those areas.

Comment

I never put it past people to find a way how to do something stupid. I just hope it gets replaced soon. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this happening any other year of HMH?

Comment

It's like a challenge to some ppl. I hope they got a paper cut from the wrappings!!!

BTW, never been on HMH overlay, how big is this gift?

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                              *sigh* this is why we can't have nice things anymore.

is there a way to chain down the next present or move it higher so it can't be swiped? It's a shame it comes to that, but people have no class these days.
                              Chain down the riders. (Sarcasm)
                              Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
                                It's like a challenge to some ppl. I hope they got a paper cut from the wrappings!!!

BTW, never been on HMH overlay, how big is this gift?
                                Its not that big, I'd say 5 inches across maybe a little bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseknotts View Post
                                  To bad they could not have something like the exploding dye pack that way the thief could be identified and delt with, but they would then complain about their hands and cloths getting stainded. I also have a feeling that there might be a change in the camera angles so they can watch those areas.
                                  Or hook some electricity up to it. ZAP (taser like effect)

Comment

Originally posted by Jayce View Post
                                    Or hook some electricity up to it. ZAP (taser like effect)
                                    They need to use some sticky stuff like in those glue traps that they have for rats. This way when the scumbag tries to swipe it, he gets stuck there and security will have no problem finding him.

Comment

I am actually kind of surprised that they wouldn't have a security camera in an area where there's a prop within guests' reach.
                                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

It's absolutely pathetic how people are acting now days. They ruin stiff for other people and if caught I would have them banned from the parks indefinitely.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X