Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPH getting painted, is it getting rethemed?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmuboy
    replied
    Re: PPH getting painted, is it getting rethemed?

How are movie posters pier theme?

Originally posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post

In the rooms, the colors and interior furnishings are the same but the artwork has changed to classic old movie posters from the old cartoons. There was a really big and nice one from a Goofy cartoon in our room. It seems that Goofy is the main focus of the character theming. All the cartoons that were playing in the little room for the kids were Goofy cartoons.

Leave a comment:

• mratigan
    replied

its a light blue
    i think there are lights on top of the hotel

Leave a comment:

• Princess Victoria
    replied

I saw this last night at DL and noticed it in the DLR tracker thread today. Pizza Port's facade has been repainted. TL '98-style to boot.

https://twitter.com/MintCrocodile/st.../photo/1/large

Photo by Mint Crocodile.

Leave a comment:

• GhostHostJeff
    replied

Painting a 15 story (estimated guess) hotel blue isn't going to cause a safety hazard for planes or helicopters. If a plane or helicopter is that low to the resort then there is definitely already an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Sauce 1
    replied

I stayed there last week. They told me that it is getting repainted and they are looking at several different color schemes. Most of the lower part of the parking garage was coned off so they could look at different colors in it.

I also noticed some changes to the interior design of the lobby and the rooms.
    There used to be a giant painting of Paradise Pier (with the sun wheel) behind the front desk. Now it is a framed piece of artwork that better fits with the new theme of the Paradise Pier area.

In the rooms, the colors and interior furnishings are the same but the artwork has changed to classic old movie posters from the old cartoons. There was a really big and nice one from a Goofy cartoon in our room. It seems that Goofy is the main focus of the character theming. All the cartoons that were playing in the little room for the kids were Goofy cartoons.

Leave a comment:

• calsig31
    replied

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
    I always thought that painting a tall building blue would cause a safety hazard, less you want a helicopter or a plane to accidentally fly into the upper portion of the building. Then again, I guess it depends on the shade of blue. Still I doubt painting the PP Hotel building blue will solve the outside view problems that plague this hotel.
    They should make the entire building blue with clouds so it blends in with the sky.

Leave a comment:

• Michael808702
    replied

Lol I hope it doesn't get painted blue, I stayed at the DLH and dang they went overboard with all the blue it looks nice but its a lot of blue for such a small area.

Leave a comment:

• bayouguy
    replied

I never thought of the color blue being a hazard, but it does make some sense.
    With projection being used on small world and Space Mountain buildings, maybe a projection could be used on PPH. I think the Disney company had some special building projection events in some American cities a year or two ago.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalFan
    replied

https://twitter.com/MagicAndWalnut/s...296384/photo/1

https://twitter.com/MagicAndWalnut/s...142080/photo/1

Leave a comment:

• toonaspie
    replied

I always thought that painting a tall building blue would cause a safety hazard, less you want a helicopter or a plane to accidentally fly into the upper portion of the building. Then again, I guess it depends on the shade of blue. Still I doubt painting the PP Hotel building blue will solve the outside view problems that plague this hotel.

Leave a comment:

• Princess Victoria
    replied

Good question. Awhile back there were some photos of blue paint being tested on a bottom portion of the Paradise Pier Hotel. I would guess there's a chance it may get a new color scheme. I hope they stick with the current colors, though. Firstly, the hotel blends in nicely with Paradise Gardens, and secondly, do all the hotels need to be painted blue?

Leave a comment:

• swampymarsh
    started a topic News PPH getting painted, is it getting rethemed?

PPH getting painted, is it getting rethemed?

Looking over planned refurbs I notice between now and the end of Novmber the PPH is getting painted. I'm wondering if it's getting a new color scheme. Since DCA Paradise Pier has been reworked the old PPH theme contrasts the new Pier theme. Maybe someone there or in DCA will notice if a change is taking place or they are just putting a fresh coat on.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X