Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Maleficent" Layover for Sleeping Beauty Castle for Halloweentime?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] "Maleficent" Layover for Sleeping Beauty Castle for Halloweentime?

I'm not sure when exactly would be the right time to debut this, but with Maleficent (starring Angelina Jolie) coming out on March 14th 2014, it might be cool if WDI could create some sort of Sleeping Beauty Castle layover with black brambles and thorns and lit up in a spooky manner for Halloweentime! And maybe just at the backside of the castle there could be a Maleficent meet and greet.

I think this movie is going to do fairly well at the Box Office...I mean the concept sounds very intriguing (and this sort of thing has proven to be successful if done well, like Wicked). And let's face it - Angelina's resemblance to the evil faerie is striking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maleficent-angelina-jolie_510.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	7369759

What do you think? Would you like to see this at Disneyland?

Re: "Maleficent" Layover for Sleeping Beauty Castle for Halloweentime?

Personally, I would not. I'm OK with layovers in the appropriate places where they makes sense. However, as cool as it might look, I would not like to see the park's icon with a movie tie-in layover like this.

Comment

This might be a fun thing that could be done with 3D projection mapping. That way it can only be turned on during the Halloween parties if they wanted. I think projecting a forest of thorns on Sleeping Beauty Castle would be a neat effect.

Comment

I could totally see this... maybe not even as a the new movie tie in. I think it could be pretty cool if every night during HalloweenTime they did a mini show on the castle where maleficient and her villain friends take over and the castle is transformed into a villian fortress and then at the end of the night good can conquer evil and the castle would go back to normal. It could add whole new level to HalloweenTime. Really give Disneyland to the villains for the night!

Comment

Originally posted by jsanch2 View Post
          I could totally see this... maybe not even as a the new movie tie in. I think it could be pretty cool if every night during HalloweenTime they did a mini show on the castle where maleficient and her villain friends take over and the castle is transformed into a villian fortress and then at the end of the night good can conquer evil and the castle would go back to normal. It could add whole new level to HalloweenTime. Really give Disneyland to the villains for the night!
          Isn't that what Fantasmic! basically is?

Comment

Originally posted by film975 View Post
            Isn't that what Fantasmic! basically is?
            Lol yeah I guess you are right...

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Victoria View Post
              Personally, I would not. I'm OK with layovers in the appropriate places where they makes sense. However, as cool as it might look, I would not like to see the park's icon with a movie tie-in layover like this.

I don't think the OP was calling for a movie tie in...but the movie should bring more interest to the original character to warrant such a layover. Personally if they could hide some of it during the day and have a little mini show where the thorns come up and maleficent takes over, I'd be all for it.
              In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Thorns all over the castle? It could work.
                There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                -Dr. Strange

Comment

The current release date of the movie is March 14, 2014. Unless the date changes, it would be really hard to incorporate it into the Halloween events.

Comment

Yeah. They could do a little projection show during the Halloween parties or even at night during Halloween Time. I'd love to hear Maleficent cast her forest of thorns spell then see them magically appear all over Sleeping Beauty Castle. Again with 3D projection mapping, I could really see this working.

Comment

I still want Maleficent's Thorn Maze as a permanent attraction. Think what they could do with that at Halloween!
                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

It sounds better than transforming the castle into a giant birthday cake.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
                          I don't think the OP was calling for a movie tie in...but the movie should bring more interest to the original character to warrant such a layover. Personally if they could hide some of it during the day and have a little mini show where the thorns come up and maleficent takes over, I'd be all for it.
                          Exactly I mean, none of us really know what Maleficent is going to look like as a finished product, and in any case, it will not match up perfectly with the original animated film that our castle represents. Maleficent would be more of an excuse to do the spooky layover.

Projections sound like a great way to go about this. Guests could still get their pictures taken in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle as it normally looks, but still get the dark creepy version at night for Halloween festivities. And because it would be projections, it would not complicate things when the snow decor needs to start going up.

Comment

Sounds like a brilliant plan to me. I'd absolutely LOVE to see this happen.
                            Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X