Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fireworks from the esplanade?

Is it worth it to view the fireworks from the esplanade? Can you see much? Can you hear the music? We are going to be there during Halloweentime but will not be able to attend the Halloween Party and are considering trying to find a good place to watch the fireworks from outside the park.

I've heard mentioned the Mickey and Friends parking structure and PPH pool area. Are these spots better than the esplanade?

Re: Fireworks from the esplanade?

I've seen the fireworks from the esplanade, and while you can see them, you can't really see them that well nor can you hear the music that well as I recall. I've never watched them from either of the other places you mention, but I understand the view from Mickey and Friends is a good one.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
      I've seen the fireworks from the esplanade, and while you can see them, you can't really see them that well nor can you hear the music that well as I recall. I've never watched them from either of the other places you mention, but I understand the view from Mickey and Friends is a good one.
      100% correct.

You can see the high-firing ones from the esplanade, but none of the castle effects. The music coming from the esplanade will drown out the music from the show as well.

You honestly get a better view driving down the freeway than you do from the esplanade.

I have heard that Mickey and Friends gives you a pretty good albeit skewed vantage point. You are offset to the side of the show from here, but you will get a better view than from in front of the esplanade.

I have no advice regarding the view from PPH.
      "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbelle View Post
        PPH pool area. Are these spots better than the esplanade?

This is a good spot. You get more of the show.

Two problems.
        1. You must be a PPH guest to access the pool deck, it's not open to the public.
        2. The pool deck at the PPH is getting recoated, so it may have some closures overlapping you visit.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

So, I guess PPH is out then. The next best place is Mickey and Friends? Where in Mickey and Friends?

Comment

So, I guess PPH is out then. The next best place is Mickey and Friends? Where in Mickey and Friends?
            Mickey and Friends is at the north west corner of the resort. It's the parking garage that the Trams from DownTown Disney go to. If you exit the parks and go east to DTD you will see the Tram loading on your right a little past the security check.
            Last edited by swampymarsh; 09-18-2012, 10:17 AM.
            Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

Yes, I know where Mickey and Friends is. What I meant was - I'm guessing the top level is best for viewing? Is the top level open to the public? (We've always parked lower than that and have never driven to the top).

Also, is watching the fireworks from there frowned upon by Disney? Will they shoo us away?

Comment

The top level should be open- I've parked there a time or two. If it's open for parking the day you're there, it should be no problem to watch the fireworks from there; nobody would have any way of knowing if you parked there or somewhere else.
                I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Yes, I know where Mickey and Friends is. What I meant was - I'm guessing the top level is best for viewing? Is the top level open to the public? (We've always parked lower than that and have never driven to the top).

Also, is watching the fireworks from there frowned upon by Disney? Will they shoo us away?
                  It's totally fine to do. It's also unlikely you will find yourself alone doing this. The eastern edge of the top level is the parkside and is a pedestrian area. Stand there you won't be holding up traffic or anything.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

Thank you guys for being such a great help - as always!

Comment

The Esplanade isn't that great for viewing. Besides not being able to see the all of the fireworks, a ton of people crowd in this area and it becomes quite congested. Its annoying that so many people crowd there, and if I'm trying to get from say DL to DCA I have to weave in and around groups of people all sitting on the ground.
                      Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Comment

Originally posted by D3COY View Post
                        The Esplanade isn't that great for viewing. Besides not being able to see the all of the fireworks, a ton of people crowd in this area and it becomes quite congested. Its annoying that so many people crowd there, and if I'm trying to get from say DL to DCA I have to weave in and around groups of people all sitting on the ground.
                        Which is funny because the main complaint of most people is that the esplanade is pretty baren and they would like something there like a fountain or planters. That would require weaving around those obstacles to park hop as well. I say, if people want to watch from the esplanade and have an inferior view, more power to them.

During the fireworks is also the worst time to try to park hop as the traffic on Main Street is terrible. I always make sure to do it either before or well after that point.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

The parking lot of the Sheraton behind the cast member parking entrance is definitely the best view from outside of the park. It feels like the fireworks are going off right on top of you. Make sure to bring earplugs though if noise really bothers you.

The Mickey & Friends is also pretty good, but a better spot is the emergency exit balconies on the PPH.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X