X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Sitting here at work..

..waiting for the day to pass..

Hotel in Anaheim tonight after work and then Disneyland tomorrow!! YEAH!!!

Will be my 1st visit to Carsland and am looking forward to cone food and a neon filled sunset! :yea:

The wife and I are going without the kids - are we bad parents?? :shy:

What I am not looking forward to and wish that they would change is the Nightmare overlay at Haunted Mansion - I wish they would delay that until after Halloween..

Ghost Galaxy might make up for it though..

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..the clock is moving so slowly...so, if anyone's there tomorrow and sees a round guy in a Volbeat shirt, who looks not too guilty for not bringing the kids - feel free to say hi!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Re: Sitting here at work..

Have fun. Me and the family ought to be at Disneyland this weekend.
    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by HM 339 View Post
      The wife and I are going without the kids - are we bad parents?? :shy:
      It's very nice of you two to be doing some reconnaissance for thier future trip.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
        It's very nice of you two to be doing some reconnaissance for thier future trip.

Yes!!! We felt a little guilty on our first trip without the kids-- but it didn't last long!

Comment

I am the last person to judge you (and I can be judgemental) for leaving the kids behind, but I'm curious as to your motivation. Is it that they have school, are so young as to somehow restrict or otherwise affect your visit, or are they teenagers that think DL is for babys?

Have a great trip. BTW, you don't look so good .... maybe you should knock off early ....
          "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
          - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Have fun! I absolutely love that hotel too.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
              :thumbup:

Originally posted by Giant Panda View Post
              I am the last person to judge you (and I can be judgemental) for leaving the kids behind, but I'm curious as to your motivation. Is it that they have school, are so young as to somehow restrict or otherwise affect your visit, or are they teenagers that think DL is for babys?

Have a great trip. BTW, you don't look so good .... maybe you should knock off early ....
              Yes, yes..I'm having a sight problem - I cant see staying at work..

The wife and I are having a Disneyland date, just for us. As a family, we average about 3 trips a year, with 12/24 being a guaranteed trip; so 1 trip without the kids, well..
              "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

Comment

You're amazing parents. You're giving yourselves a chance to relax, which will make you less stressed out while fulfilling your duties as parents.

Also... no whiney kids to bother the kidless people that visit Disneyland.

Comment

It's good you're doing this, though if your kids are younger I hope you didn't tell them where you're going without them. Even Immanuel Kant might condone dishonesty in this situation.

Get to DCA soon after it opens and get your RSR FPs ASAP, OK? Eat breakfast as Flo's V8 Cafe and sit to the south side of Flo's along where the cars race by. Don't miss the short Frankenweenie preview. Have a good time!

Comment

So, had a great time Wednesday!! I did feel so very dirty starting off the day at DCA as that is completely out of my routine. I have to wonder at some of the thought process here as we get into DCA (we were into the park @ about 9 30 with a 10 AM opening) and see a very long line for the RSR FPs -- let me get this straight, we're going to wait in a long line to get FPs so that we only have to wait in a smaller line later on?? This line for the FPs was not short at all, either - it extended all the way out to the Animation Academy and was growing. The wife and I decided to bypass this beast and we started off the morning at ToT. Hehe, fun way to start the morning. I will say that I think there's a very distinct possibility to come into Carsland from the Bugs Land side for the rope drop that could be very advantageous (I will try this next time)..

Moved from ToT to Carsland and wow that place is cool. I grabbed a vodka lemonade and bacon cheese cone for breakfast and that was pretty good. Hit Maters, Luigis and Soaring (Screamin was closed / down) before going back home to Disneyland.

All day long, everything was pretty much walk on with the longest lines being 10 - 15 minutes long for the "majors". Enjoyed our day, the small crowds and multiple rides on everything and the gastrointestinal tour as we mowed through corn dogs, chimichangas, churros and a Jolly Holiday Roast Beef sandwich. I will say Im pretty disappointed with the new Matterhorn - both sides seem very slow now; to the point where there's not much fun factor.

To close out Disneyland rides for the day I requested the last row for my wife and me on TMRR and SMGG (she has never ridden in the last rows on either) and the fact that I am a man of, uh, not small proportions, the rides in back were made even better.

We moved back over to DCA and Carsland at about 7 and fell in love with the neon version of Radiator Springs (Disney pulled this off nicely, down to the longer yellow light) and waited for about 35 - 40 minutes in the single rider line for RSR - which was so very cool and fun; that is an outstanding ride and I can't wait to bring the kids to Carsland. I also fell very much in love with Reds Apple Freeze.. :thumbup:

While we didn't tell the kids where we were going, we did tell where we went, after we got back (we had to, we have gifts for them); they do have to know that Mommy and Daddy do things without them from time to time. Oh if they only knew what treats Carsland has in store for them when we go back as a family..

Comment

Wow, thank you so much for sharing!

Interesting, I'll talk to SO to see if we should just watch for the wait times on RSR to get under 45 min or just wait in the FP line.

Maybe we'll just head straight for the ride instead. Is there a separate line you can stand in to do that before park opening?

Do you happen to know how long the FP return line was? Do you think you should have waited in the FP line? Was it an early entry day at DCA?

Comment

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
                        Wow, thank you so much for sharing!

Interesting, I'll talk to SO to see if we should just watch for the wait times on RSR to get under 45 min or just wait in the FP line.

Maybe we'll just head straight for the ride instead. Is there a separate line you can stand in to do that before park opening?

Do you happen to know how long the FP return line was? Do you think you should have waited in the FP line? Was it an early entry day at DCA?
                        It was a magic morning and there wasn't an actual line for rope drop for those not doing magic morning, it's just a big crowd gathered at the rope, all massed together like cattle.

The FP return line at the time that I went (approx 60-70 min stand-by line) looked to me like it took just a little less time than the 40 minutes I spent in the single rider line. In my opinion, unless you can be one of the 1st people to either get on the ride or at the front of the FP line 1st thing in the morning, I think that the single rider line is the way to go. It was just my wife and me and we still did get to ride in the same "Car", she was just in the seat behind me, rather than next to me.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X