X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Main Street USA expansion

Originally posted by jeannie527 View Post
    I hate trying to maneuver a stroller thru the crowds after the parade or the fireworks.
    Just push it as fast as you can and hope people jump out of your way.

Originally posted by 4th Gen Disney Fan View Post
    Wow! It is so refreshing to see positive feedback on a "threat" of expanding Main Street!
    Most of the changes to Main Street have been met with criticism because it has not been an expansion, but rather a reduction of the land with out of theme things like medieval princesses, rocket ships flying over otherworldly gold rocks, and British nannies.

This proposal will actually expand on what is one of the more charming areas of the park.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Marvel Alley

Comment

it just sounds like some crowding relief to me, expanding theme will be icing on the cake. Hopefully they FINALLY go through with this change.
        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by xceemora View Post
          I was reading Al luz Article If DL dose expand MS wat going to happen to disney parade when they end in main street?
          It will end in the same spot. The new "alley" will go directly back from where that trellace meet and greet area is to the First Aid area. The floats will still go behind the large parade gate and to the backstage area that is there for it. Check out the satelite feature on google maps and you can kind of pin-point where it will be.
          MagicAlumni

My Disneyland Resort Guide Map Blog...Come check it out...
          https://disneylandmaps.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hope it pans out. It would be interesting to see a modern take on walt's original idea. IMO I think BVS was done a lot better than MS...except for its small size. If they put the amount of effort, love, and detail they did with BVS into a main street project...It would be amazing!!! Maybe throw in a little disney/walt history dark ride or a new restaurant and this could be excellent.
            In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
              IMO I think BVS was done a lot better than MS.
              That's because you're comparing to TODAY'S Main Street.

Comment

Originally posted by doppio View Post
                Marvel Alley
                April Fools Day is still seven months away.

---------- Post added 09-19-2012 at 03:29 PM ----------

I'd like to see some concept work. The idea sounds really cool!
                Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                  That's because you're comparing to TODAY'S Main Street.
                  I just mean architecture and detail, which I don't know how much of that has changed. I might be a bit bias because I prefer that era over turn of the century America but they really went all out on the detail and little things with BVS. The buildings even look more realistic at BVS. Although thats probably due to modern technology and larger budgets. Either way, I just hope BVS quality gets put into main street when the time comes. The new DCA entrance is a sign of real progress that I don't think we've seen since New Orleans Square(maybe 80s fantasyland?). Either way IMO, we're just barely picking up where walt left off in terms of theme, quality and detail and I really hope it continues with MS.
                  In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

It's a great idea, but where will they put the Pixar characters?
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

If it's supposed to be a back alley off of a turn of the nineteenth century Main Street, won't it be a bunch of fire escapes with laundry lines strung all over the place with laundry drying; 1902-era thugs, panhandlers, and prostitutes; not to mention overflowing garbage cans and people throwing dirty bathwater out their back doors?
                      "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                      - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda View Post
                        If it's supposed to be a back alley off of a turn of the nineteenth century Main Street...
                        If it was the turn of the 19th century, you would see a bunch of dudes in powdered wigs carrying fifes and drums. I think you mean the turn of the 20th century which would be ~ 1890 - 1910.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Nice.

---------- Post added 09-20-2012 at 12:40 AM ----------

If it's supposed to be a back alley off of a turn of the nineteenth century Main Street, won't it be a bunch of fire escapes with laundry lines strung all over the place with laundry drying; 1902-era thugs, panhandlers, and prostitutes; not to mention overflowing garbage cans and people throwing dirty bathwater out their back doors?
                          You're sadly out of touch with the 19th century. Nice try though.
                          Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                            If it was the turn of the 19th century, you would see a bunch of dudes in powdered wigs carrying fifes and drums. I think you mean the turn of the 20th century which would be ~ 1890 - 1910.
                            Whatever you call it, it aint pretty!
                            "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
                              I just mean architecture and detail, which I don't know how much of that has changed.
                              Simpley put: A LOT.

Comment

If this comes to pass, I think it's wonderful. Previous backstage diversions have been show destroying messes. (Whether being diverted behind the Emporium block on the West side, or from the Showcase to China Clost blocks on the east side).

During parades and firework blow-offs Main Street simply has become unnavigatable during peak times and some relief it necessary. The fact it is arriving as a themed 'side-street' is a huge bonus.
                                "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

You're sadly out of touch with the 19th century. Nice try though.
                                  Although a frequent patrol by a keystone cop might clean up the human element (and I remember Disney Security used to use these), I prefer to think of my view as "cynical", not "sadly out of touch" Can you point out inaccuracies in my statement?

I

Comment

Although a frequent patrol by a keystone cop might clean up the human element (and I remember Disney Security used to use these), I prefer to think of my view as "cynical", not "sadly out of touch" Can you point out inaccuracies in my statement?

I
                                    For one, it paints a picture of a big city when Main Street is supposed to represent the average Middle American small town during that time period.

Comment

In big cities like New York or London, probably. Not in a small U.S. town that Main Street USA is supposed to be based on.

Comment

I forgot that small towns were the first to have electric (or gas powered) clothes driers and functional sewers with indoor plumbing .... memory fades when you get to my age .....

And I don't understand why they call prostitution the "world's oldest profession" when it didn't exist back then ....

Comment

I know many people will disagree with this:

I'd love to see a small fair set up in this expansion. Livestock displayed, goods sold, small games (such as ring toss) etc. Your good old fashioned fair, with no big rides.
                                          Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X