Have you ever been mistaken for someone while you were at the parks?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sheriff Lightyear
    MiceChatter
    • Jun 2011

I, too, have a phantom twin running around somewhere. I'm consistently stopped by strangers striking up conversations as if we're old friends and they have the most confused looks on their faces whenever I explain i'm not who they think I am!

Comment

• Bob Weaver
      MiceChatter
      • Aug 2009

Re: Have you ever been mistaken for someone while you were at the parks?

This is veering off the topic, but for a while I had a phantom twin that lived in the same neighborhood as me. Identical to me. Exactly. A few friends mentioned him. I only saw him once, and we passed by each other and looked at each other, and I think we were both stunned by the resemblance and we said nothing. I just kept walking, thinking, "Oh... that's the guy who looks like me... wow they were right..." Then when friends mentioned him after that I would say, "Oh! I've seen him!..." but that was at least 10 years ago and I haven't seen him again so I think he's long gone. But it was eerie. It should have been joyous but it was a little uncomfortable.

Comment

• Professortango
        MiceChatter
        • Aug 2005

My mother used to always be asked to sign autographs because people would swear she was Kathy Bates. I was once recognized at DL from a stage show, that made my day.
        Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

• HiddenMickeyBook
          Bring back the Keelboats!
          • Oct 2009

I'm often approached by other guests thinking I am a cast member and am asked where this or that is. Even when we were in WDW, it happened there. If I know the answer I always use the 2-finger point in the right direction!
          sigpic
          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

• Bob Weaver
            MiceChatter
            • Aug 2009

Nancy, you should be a cast member and in charge of bringing back the Keel Boats!

Comment

• BroadSword
              New MiceChatter
              • Apr 2012

On the Grand Re-Opening of DCA, we were asked by many people if we worked there because we were dressed 30's-40's. The funny part was that even the CM's and at least one Disney Exec asked as well. They loved it.
              -Marcus

Comment

• Alpinemaps
                MiceChatter
                • Sep 2011

We had a friend, years ago, who looked like Celine Dion. She'd get asked for autographs often. It would happen at Disneyland, too.

When we were on our honeymoon, we spent one day at Universal. We saw my twin. My wife even started talking to him one time, because she wasn't paying attention, and we were near each other in line. Another time (same day), we saw him, but it freaked me out, and I went the other direction. To this day, I regret not getting a picture with him.

Comment

• mratigan
                  Say no to screens
                  • Feb 2011

People think I'm in there party when I'm single rider
                  Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

• MarkILIS
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2012

One day last year, the guy working the prize desk in the Knott's Berry Farm arcade thought I was Eric Wareheim.

Comment

• aurorahermione
                      Always Dreaming
                      • Mar 2010

Once when I standing in Frontierland braiding my hair (which was really long at the time), a father walked up and told me his daughter thought I was Rapunzel. I was wearing all black and my hair is brown, but I took a picture with the little girl nonetheless (I know I'm not supposed to do that, but the parents clearly knew I wasn't actually a cast member).
                      Also, once while waiting in line to see Merida, a little girl asked me if I was Brave. I still don't know if she was asking if I was Merida or if I was brave. My hair was braided and I was wearing a Gryffindor shirt and a plaid skirt. The plaid skirt is the only thing that could possibly have made her think I was Merida, but I still don't know what she meant there XD

When I went at Halloween dressed as Rapunzel, lots of people thought I actually was her, which was surprising since the costume wasn't complete at the time and didn't have the embroidery on the skirt. I was also waiting in line to meet Rapunzel lol
                      http://aurorahermione.tumblr.com - costuming and random Disney stuff

Comment

• TCadillac
                        MiceChatter
                        • May 2009

Nope but recently on vacation in Mexico some dude on the beach said I looked like a guy from a Mexican novela. Guess they have light skin..?

Comment

• webg33k
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Jun 2012

I happen to be one those people who wears all black almost all the time. But I wear slacks and button up collared shirts. So I get mistaken for employees at nearly every mall or grocery store I go to. When my wife and I honeymooned in Disneyland we both wore Happily Ever after buttons. That's seemed to seal the deal for people who just assumed the button was a name tag. I was treated like and employee no less than 14 times during our honeymoon.

Comment

• bbrooke
                            Jedi Knight
                            • May 2011

I don't get mistaken for anybody, but I do get stopped a lot for my eyes. I get people who will see them from a far and then walk towards me saying "you have such pretty eyes!" it kinda scares me how noticeable they are, like cat eyes !?!?

Comment

• Mr. Disney
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TCadillac View Post
                              Nope but recently on vacation in Mexico some dude on the beach said I looked like a guy from a Mexican novela. Guess they have light skin..?
                              Hahaha you do look like someone from a Mexican telenovela! I can't remember now exactly who though...

And yes, us people in Mexico do have light skin (a LOT of us). I don't know why this tends to surprise so many people (I live in Mexico but go to school in the U.S. and people have often popped the question "If I'm from Mexico, why am I white?" LOL :P)...
                              I have a dream
                              A song to sing
                              To help me cope
                              Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                              of a FairyTale
                              You can take the future
                              even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                              Something good in everything I see
                              I believe in Angels
                              When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

• Avaren
                                i believe in faeries.
                                • May 2012

years ago, back when the American Pie movies had just started coming out (the first and second one) my then-bf (now DH) and a bunch of friends went to Disney... and I got stopped dozens of times by people thinking I was Tara Reid... even so much as an employee working in DTD following me out of a store and asking for my autograph!

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                  Chicago Gal
                                  • Apr 2005

When I wear my Disneyland nametag, which I had made during the 50th, I am often mistaken for a castmember.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Alpinemaps
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Avaren View Post
                                    years ago, back when the American Pie movies had just started coming out (the first and second one) my then-bf (now DH) and a bunch of friends went to Disney... and I got stopped dozens of times by people thinking I was Tara Reid... even so much as an employee working in DTD following me out of a store and asking for my autograph!
                                    I think we need pictures.

Comment

• Broadway Guru
                                      Embrace the kitsch!
                                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Disney View Post
                                      Hahaha you do look like someone from a Mexican telenovela! I can't remember now exactly who though...

And yes, us people in Mexico do have light skin (a LOT of us). I don't know why this tends to surprise so many people (I live in Mexico but go to school in the U.S. and people have often popped the question "If I'm from Mexico, why am I white?" LOL :P)...
                                      "Omigod, Gretchen, you can't just ask someone why they're white!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	600full-mean-girls-photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	7344854
                                      Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                                      Charter Member

Comment

• Avaren
                                        i believe in faeries.
                                        • May 2012

Originally posted by Alpinemaps View Post
                                        I think we need pictures.
                                        lol i'd have to go digging for pictures of that trip, as there is no resemblance whatsoever now. alas, gone are the days when i was young, slim and blonde... :blush:

funny thing was, i didn't get it at all when i wasn't wearing sunglasses, so i don't know if people thought i was trying to be incogneito or what... either way, sure gave me an ego boost at the time!

Comment

• bayouguy
                                          Bayou Native
                                          • Jul 2006

When I was younger, many people thought I really looked like Dustin Hoffman.
                                          And while at Disneyland, I've had strangers approach me and tell me that I look like a relative or neighbor.
                                          I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X