Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I Had A "Do Over" I'd Skip The So-Called "MAGICAL" Fireworks. Pft!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If I Had A "Do Over" I'd Skip The So-Called "MAGICAL" Fireworks. Pft!

Originally posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Magical is emotional because of awkward, manipulative positioning of sad moments from Disney films (e.g. Baby Mine and Cinderella sobbing that she can't go to the ball). The same tactic is used in World of Color when they play Simba's voice saying "Dad!... dad?". I really hate the obvious ploy for the audience's tears. It disgusts me and makes me not want to have anything to do with either show... and I find it sad that it's all that Disney can come up with anymore to stir people's emotions.
    I hadn't thought of that way before but you're exactly right. Thanks for bringing that up.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

I love Magical. By time it's over, I'm always water-eyed.
      Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

"Remember" is slaughtering the poll. Wow.
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

glad to hear "remember" is the best... apparently they just switched to that one from "magical" - and i'm going to get to see it for the first time

Comment

Remember is not only my favorite fireworks show it is quite possibly the most impressive thing I have ever seen. I have traveled the world and seen many things but when I saw this show for the first time in 2005 it effected me deeply. It got me to start buying season passes despite living 210 miles away. I always loved Disneyland but this fireworks show rejuvenated that love. In fact I'm going in 3 weeks and the main reason I picked that week was because on the Monday they are playing this show. I do however differ with others who might be disappointed in other fireworks shows that Disney puts on. I love them all and if I am in the park I see whichever one is showing. I also equally like Fantasmic and World of Color at DCA. In fact I don't really need rides to enjoy myself at the parks. If I just can see Aladdin, WOC, fireworks and Fantasmic I'm good.

Comment

I'd have to say remember...I've had so many great times with taking friends to watch this and love the memories watching remember.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Although "Remember" will always beat out "Magical" for me, one of my fondest memories in recent years is running in between spaces in the park while both "Magical" and "Fantasmic!" are well underway. It's like there're two shows going on at once and creating this huge echo and glow overhead. The booms of the fireworks and the music from the river is a fantastic blend. All-in-all you can call the sensation "magical."

What's even more magical is watching the fireworks, World of Color, and Fantasmic! all at once from the distant balcony of a Howard Johnson's hotel room. We could literally see all three shows occurring at once. On one side you see fireworks launching into the sky, shortly followed by the spotlights of Fantasmic!, and then all the fountains and colors of World of Color. Even though we couldn't hear the music, it was definitely hard choosing which one to watch!
                "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Originally posted by film975 View Post
                  Problem with Remember... Dreams Come True is that it was made for the park's 50th Anniversary. That was seven years ago. And it's really beginning to show how dated it is now.
                  I don't understand how it's dated. Julie Andrews states the year DL began, not the number of years since it opened. RDCT is a show for all-time that they could use on the 75th or even 100th anniversary if they like. It is the show that should be used in July and August when it's the park's anniversary.

And I agree with another poster that RDCT is the most amazing entertainment experience I have seen anywhere in the world, and I've been to a lot of places and other Disney parks. I'm very glad to see it rocking this poll. I also liked Believe, but it can't compare to RDCT. Magical could be a lot better if they tweaked it by putting in the original soundtracks rather than covers and voice-overs. I didn't even know it was Gepetto speaking until he talked about a "real boy." Just use the original recording, Disney, sheesh...

Comment

Originally posted by indianajack View Post
                    Just use the original recording, Disney, sheesh...
                    This may sound weird but Im pretty sure there are copyright issues between P&R and Walt Disney Animation when using any original recordings (I think). So, if they are trying to produce a show on the cheap it'd be less expensive to record something new than license the original.
                    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

I loooove Remember. However.... I still consider "Believe..." to be the best firework music out there. I think the orchestration is just.... beautiful. I also have deep ties with it because I first saw it in one of "those" trips (one of the best... my nine year old self riding Indy and Splash for the first time ) If they tweaked it so that it was more coordinated with the music and used the new tink now, I think it would knock Magical's socks off (I like Magical... but it's just... ok I guess... It has some Magical moments alright... and Eden Espinoza's voice is just astounding). But yeah... also a close runner up... Believe in Holiday Magic of course.
                      I have a dream
                      A song to sing
                      To help me cope
                      Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                      of a FairyTale
                      You can take the future
                      even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                      Something good in everything I see
                      I believe in Angels
                      When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup View Post
                        This may sound weird but Im pretty sure there are copyright issues between P&R and Walt Disney Animation when using any original recordings (I think). So, if they are trying to produce a show on the cheap it'd be less expensive to record something new than license the original.
                        That certainly sounds plausible. From a rational point of view, it should simply be one arm of the Disney corporation paying another arm so it's not really a zero-sum game, but I know the corporate bean counters won't see it that way. What a shame... Magical would be so much better and more magical with the original soundtracks.

Comment

Without starting a new thread just for this one question, does anyone know when "Believe in Holiday Magic" will begin this year? Thanks.

Comment

Remember needs to be the standard for DL. It is the perfect show for when the park isn't celebrating anything and just being itself. I wouldn't mind it staying for many years and continue rotating seasonal shows like they do now. Plus when they play walt's speech I get a little teared up every time. :blush:
                            In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Fantasy In The Sky was my pick. Simple, and bygone to Yesterland Fireworks shows. As much as I liked "Remember", I'm not a big fan of the crowded condition it caused, nor of the closures of attractions it required. Same for "Magical".
                              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Remember can not be compared to Magical. Remember for me is heartfelt and just gets me. Everytime i aee it im amazed. Magical is good but it does not hit home for me. And Remember is more of disneyland and its attractions, and Magical is more of the classic movies.
                                Id much rather see tinkerbell fly and hear walt disneys speech, than see Dumbo fly with not much creative music behind.

Comment

RDCT in its original form with premium pyro shells and all segments intact was by far the best fireworks show ever created. Too bad the show they have now is only a shadow of its former self, designed to compromise for cost savings.

Comment

Show me a better audience reaction than this opening night for Remember video… then I’d reconsider my favourite :

Comment

Originally posted by indianajack View Post
                                      That certainly sounds plausible. From a rational point of view, it should simply be one arm of the Disney corporation paying another arm so it's not really a zero-sum game, but I know the corporate bean counters won't see it that way. What a shame... Magical would be so much better and more magical with the original soundtracks.

I think it's funny how people are saying this... and then some other people criticize World of Color for doing just this. :P Personally, I love the fact that it's NOT the original soundtracks Especially Magical... Eden Espinoza's voice gives me the chills!!! Especially Chim Chim Cheer-ree and Baby Mine!

And I just saw a bit from Remember and I agree.... I don't think it will be beaten in a looong time.
                                      I have a dream
                                      A song to sing
                                      To help me cope
                                      Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                                      of a FairyTale
                                      You can take the future
                                      even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                                      Something good in everything I see
                                      I believe in Angels
                                      When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

Originally posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
                                        Magical is emotional because of awkward, manipulative positioning of sad moments from Disney films (e.g. Baby Mine and Cinderella sobbing that she can't go to the ball). The same tactic is used in World of Color when they play Simba's voice saying "Dad!... dad?". I really hate the obvious ploy for the audience's tears. It disgusts me and makes me not want to have anything to do with either show... and I find it sad that it's all that Disney can come up with anymore to stir people's emotions.

Couldn't disagree more. I think "Magical" incorporates some of Disney's best music.

Clearly some will respond to it one way; others will respond to it in another way. That's just how it is.

That being said though, everyone has their right to their own opinion. And people have the right to not watch it if it irritates them that much.

Personally I can't see anyone being irritated or disgusted by any of the songs being played in "Magical." They're some of Disney's best, most recognizable songs.

I find it interesting that a person would be a Disney fan, yet be so irritated and enraged by what are some of Disney's most classic pieces.

Again though...personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CASurfer65 View Post
                                          Couldn't disagree more. I think "Magical" incorporates some of Disney's best music.

Clearly some will respond to it one way; others will respond to it in another way. That's just how it is.

That being said though, everyone has their right to their own opinion. And people have the right to not watch it if it irritates them that much.

Personally I can't see anyone being irritated or disgusted by any of the songs being played in "Magical." They're some of Disney's best, most recognizable songs.

I find it interesting that a person would be a Disney fan, yet be so irritated and enraged by what are some of Disney's most classic pieces.

Again though...personal opinion.
                                          Really? You don't find the use of music and dialogue from tragic moments in Disney films a little out of place within a bombastic fireworks or fountain show? I mean, they actually use audio of a Disney character sobbing crying... and another character-a child even-speaking to his father's dead body. This doesn't seem odd at all?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X