Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I Had A "Do Over" I'd Skip The So-Called "MAGICAL" Fireworks. Pft!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If I Had A "Do Over" I'd Skip The So-Called "MAGICAL" Fireworks. Pft!

Originally posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Really? You don't find the use of music and dialogue from tragic moments in Disney films a little out of place within a bombastic fireworks or fountain show? I mean, they actually use audio of a Disney character sobbing crying... and another character-a child even-speaking to his father's dead body. This doesn't seem odd at all?
    Not really. Being from Disney films it makes it just as out of place as anything else. There are negative elements to Disney movies and why can't those be celebrated just as much as the good. In that regard Magical is even more Disney than Remember, since Remember contains at leadt three non-Disney songs -- The theme to Indiana Jones and Star Wars, and Shenandoah.

Comment

Really? You don't find the use of music and dialogue from tragic moments in Disney films a little out of place within a bombastic fireworks or fountain show? I mean, they actually use audio of a Disney character sobbing crying... and another character-a child even-speaking to his father's dead body. This doesn't seem odd at all?
      It does seem a bit odd at first... and that's why I love it!!! I remember the first time I saw WOC in that part (Mufasa's Death) I cried... (I had never cried in a Disney show up to that point)... and my reaction was like "WHAT? THEY CAN'T DO THAT IN A DISNEY SHOW? WHHYY?" ... but the fact that I did not expect it at all was what I loved about it... It might be a bit on the "risque" side but I guess that is what makes it so good (In my humble opinion). Same with Magical (though I think that's not nearly as sad as Mufasa in WOC).
      I have a dream
      A song to sing
      To help me cope
      Trough everything

If you see the wonder
      of a FairyTale
      You can take the future
      even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
      Something good in everything I see
      I believe in Angels
      When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

Not really, I guess. Disney movies do include sadness and despair to be sure, but I think the Magical fireworks program (can't speak on the California Adventure show because I haven't seen it) attempts to show what the movies themselves show...that it is possible to overcome. Things happen, but when you believe, it becomes a magical experience. And things do turn out well in the end. I personally find "Magical" uplifting by the end of the presentation. But that's me. I certainly respect your opinion as well.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X