Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Angels move to Industry = 4th park for the DLR?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Possible Angels move to Industry = 4th park for the DLR?

I came across this article in today's OC Register. It seems that the Angels are in negotiations for a possible move to the city of Industry in 2016 when their lease expires at Angel Stadium. IMO I don't think this would happen as the Dodgers could file a lawsuit as it is closer to their market, and would definitely anger a large portion of their fans. So this probably is more of a ploy to get the city of Anaheim to agree with the Angels' terms when it comes to renew their lease.

Report: Angels talk to owners of Industry property - Angels blog : The Orange County Register

So here is the big question -- what if the Angels do move? Teams such as Oakland would love to move there I'm sure if given the opportunity, but I don't think MLB would like the idea of 3 teams in one market. And a huge stadium just sitting there collecting dust would not be good for Anaheim. Then again there is that NFL team that has been missing from LA for 20 years.

Or -- maybe Disney could eye this property as a location for a 4th park? The possibilities as they say, are endless.

So what do you think. Would a 4th park on the land that is currently Angel Stadium of Anaheim be a viable option for a 4th park? Discuss...

Re: Possible Angels move to Industry = 4th park for the DLR?

I'm not sure if Disney would want to buy a stadium and pay for the demolition.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
      Or -- maybe Disney could eye this property as a location for a 4th park?
      Doesn't there have to be a 3rd park before there can be a 4th? I realize that a 3rd park has been rumored for the Toy Story lot, but should Disney get this property it would be another one to consider before developing any property. Therefore, I don't see how we can call it a location for a 4th park without an existing 3rd park.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
        I'm not sure if Disney would want to buy a stadium and pay for the demolition.
        The cost for demolion is not nearly as expensive as one might imagine with all the recyclable material in that stadium. Still, don't think it would happen.

Comment

As much as I don't think the Angels would move I think that parcel of land would be ideal for another park. That way both the City of Anaheim and Disney would have their reason to have a monorail service started up.

Comment

So then will they become the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at Industry?"

Comment

Yes, move the Angels to City of Industry. I live very close to that proposed NFL stadium site.

Actually, the area where the proposed stadium is to be built is a beautiful area! cause is border the City of Walnut and Diamond Bar where all the middle-upper live
              Last edited by SoCalbma; 09-20-2012, 08:29 AM.
              My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
              http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

That would be an ideal place for a new park but......as a lifelong Angels fan who would be completely devestated if they moved, I doubt I'd set foot in it.

Comment

Stadium building drama again in So Cal. Stay tuned for the laughs.
                  I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

What's wrong with the Anaheim stadium that they have to move?

Reminds me of all the shenanigans in San Diego over Petco Park and a possible new stadium for the Chargers. The existing stadium is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                      What's wrong with the Anaheim stadium that they have to move?

Reminds me of all the shenanigans in San Diego over Petco Park and a possible new stadium for the Chargers. The existing stadium is fine.
                      Ultimately yes I agree sports should stay put until the stadium is falling apart and unsafe. There are so many who want better stuff for themselves that these situtations always come up. Teams don't want to share their stadiums with other teams, they want it to themselves. They want stadiums built for 100 years to somehow always be contemporary. It's led to a great amount of waste.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

It's a play for the Angels getting a bigger cut of parking and other revenue the city got. Disney made it very favorable for the city of Anaheim when the stadium was rebuilt. I'm hoping it's for renegotiating and not really wanting to move to City of Industry. I'd be morose.

Comment

I don't think the Angels are upset with the stadium. Bit the lease is coming due in 2016. I think they are doing this to force Anaheim to be nice to them when it comes to their lease renegotiations.

Comment

Disney can't even decide how far out they should build park #3. Park #4 is something for your kids or grandkids to think about.

The Angels belong in Anaheim - period. Although I think Moreno might have that LA = $$$ greed factor in his head. We have one of those here in Sacramento who thinks a beloved team here should head to Anaheim. Always best to keep what you have and enjoy. Greed can really bite you.

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing as DisneyIPresume. They are probably in negotiations right now. They threaten to leave so Anaheim will beg them to stay and therefore giving them a better price.
                              DisneyTwins
                              Since May 2003

Comment

first they have to buy the mini hotels on harbor
                                Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

that stadium should say its fine the wway it is there. too much teams in already. unfortunately it is not enough these days lol. we are so spoiled hahaha

Comment

I really hope they stay,but even if they don;t can something be done about the name? California Angels were great, Anaheim Angels were ok but Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is just unwieldy.
                                    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Comment

I like Anaheim Angels myself. . . gives Anaheim its own identity separate from LA, and cements Anaheim as a Major League city. . .
                                      ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X