This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Question for Cast Members about Smoking at DLR

I have a question for DLR cast members. I know that DLR has designated smoking areas. How are cast members trained in approachiung guests that smoke outside of those areas? Are you given scripts on what to say or protocols of how to handle non cooperaticve or offended guests?

Re: Question for Cast Members about Smoking at DLR

I am a former C.M....We are suppose to ask the person to put out the smoke, and direct them to the nearest smoking area. We are suppose to be nice even if the guest gets upset.
    Little and broken, but still good.

Comment

I wish the smoking areas were not inside the parks.

Comment

Well that's a little harsh. But I do wish they had some sort of "ventilation" mechanism at the designated areas that kept the smoke out of the adjacent areas. The effectiveness of my anti-lung cancer medication may be compromised by cigarette smoke.
        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Sorry if I sounded harsh. The ventilation idea sounds good to me. I live in a cold climate and one local building has an outdoor building just for the smokers. I assume the air comes out clean. Also, if the smoke is too gross to keep your car windows closed in the parking garage, it's obviously so unhealthy you should join a cessation program.

Comment

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
            Sorry if I sounded harsh. The ventilation idea sounds good to me. I live in a cold climate and one local building has an outdoor building just for the smokers. I assume the air comes out clean. Also, if the smoke is too gross to keep your car windows closed in the parking garage, it's obviously so unhealthy you should join a cessation program.

You know, just FYI there are way more toxins in the fumes the giant SUV's in that parking lot, than in one of my small cigarettes Personally, I think the fumes from the cars smell worse...but then again I suppose it's just a matter of opinion isn't it...?

Comment

Nothing harsh about that at all. They shouldn't be allowed in the park. Smoke doesn't stay in the smoking area, no matter how polite people are about it. You can smell the sections way before you get to them. Also, children shouldn't be allowed in them. It's sickening to see children in strollers along side their parents pumping smoke in their faces. It's illegal to smoke in a car with a child, how is it ok for them to be in that area?

---------- Post added 09-20-2012 at 04:25 PM ----------

Originally posted by Pan View Post
              You know, just FYI there are way more toxins in the fumes the giant SUV's in that parking lot, than in one of my small cigarettes Personally, I think the fumes from the cars smell worse...but then again I suppose it's just a matter of opinion isn't it...?
              Maybe...but people aren't exactly driving their SUVs around the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan View Post
                You know, just FYI there are way more toxins in the fumes the giant SUV's in that parking lot,
                I'd really like to see proof.

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
                I wish the smoking areas were not inside the parks.
                We are headed in the direction, but it won't come soon enough.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

My aunt died from lung cancer. Never smoked a cigarette in her life, but all three of her exes did (one was a divorce -- don't know what happened to him, one died of lung cancer, the other died from a stroke no doubt contributed by excessive smoking). Second hand smoke should never be tolerated. I say make the park totally non smoking -- and if you think that's harsh get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                    Nothing harsh about that at all. They shouldn't be allowed in the park. Smoke doesn't stay in the smoking area, no matter how polite people are about it. You can smell the sections way before you get to them. Also, children shouldn't be allowed in them. It's sickening to see children in strollers along side their parents pumping smoke in their faces. It's illegal to smoke in a car with a child, how is it ok for them to be in that area?

---------- Post added 09-20-2012 at 04:25 PM ----------

Maybe...but people aren't exactly driving their SUVs around the park.

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                    My aunt died from lung cancer. Never smoked a cigarette in her life, but all three of her exes did (one was a divorce -- don't know what happened to him, one died of lung cancer, the other died from a stroke no doubt contributed by excessive smoking). Second hand smoke should never be tolerated. I say make the park totally non smoking -- and if you think that's harsh get over it.
                    That and that.

Tell ya what, DLR......ban smoking from both parks and DD while we're at it and you can up ticket prices all you want. I'll gladly keep coming back to a smoke-free Disneyland.
                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                      I'd really like to see proof.
                      They might be right considering people will die in a closed garage with a running car but cram people smoking in a room and they don't die.

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                        1 - Sorry for your aunt, but smoking isnt the only thing that causes lung cancer...
                        2 - "Second hand smoke should never be tolerated" - I can understand this... but really, you aren't going to die because you briefly smelled someone's cigarette from 20 feet away.
                        3 - "if you think that's harsh get over it" - this intolerance for a differing opinion is harsh.

I quit smoking 3 years ago. Cold turkey. Haven't looked back. The smell of cigarette smoke makes me ill. But people are addicted who enjoy the parks... I don't think Disney should promote it, but they are smart to tolerate it. It's good business... that is, until thousands threaten to stop coming because of the smoking. Might be a worthy cause!

I'm curious how many people who want smoke free parks also support the serving of alcohol in the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                          Smoke doesn't stay in the smoking area, no matter how polite people are about it.
                          Exactly. Especially when smokers stand just inside the boundaries of the smoking area and blow smoke out into the crowded walkway.

Originally posted by pushforth View Post
                          I'm curious how many people who want smoke free parks also support the serving of alcohol in the parks.
                          I would love a smoke free park and also think we should follow Walt's wishes and keep Disneyland alcohol free.
                          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by pushforth View Post
                            Here's the difference: the simple act of drinking alcohol doesn't affect any other guests. If someone's standing by a fence and drinking a beer, that isolated act does not affect me. If someone's standing by that same fence and smoking, it does affect me, because their smoke travels. Your beer isn't going to damage my liver. Your cigarette IS going to damage my lungs, trigger asthma attacks, make my clothes smell bad, etc. and I haven't chosen to smoke, so I shouldn't have that fallout. It's not a morality thing. If someone's an adult and chooses to smoke, it's not my concern. It's simply an acknowledgement that smoke unfortunately doesn't stay with the smoker exclusively.

I don't care if they have a smoking area as long as it's sealed off from the rest of us. The way I feel is that I have compassion for those with nicotine and tobacco addictions--but it's not my responsibility to accommodate it by exposing myself to harm. With all of the patches, gum, electronic vapor cigarettes etc. there are a lot of ways someone could get a nicotine fix without actually smoking in the parks.
                            Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I think most people know that there are designated smoking areas, but I imagine people from other countries may not know all the "anti smoking" rules and just light up.

My favorite part of the Big Thunder Railroad is when the train passes by the smoking area and you get that wonderfull blast of secondhand smoke in your face.

I don't think they should have smoking areas in the park because that's what killed Walt.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X