Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] We made the DLR 2012 Booklet!

So after being told by 3 other AP holders we know, that we made it into the 2012 Disneyland Resort Booklet, we got our copy. This candid shot was taken on DCA's Grand Opening on June 15th. We were dressed in vintage 30's-40's clothes for the day. Not a huge deal, but we thought it was cool.

Lead-in photo for the BVS section of the booklet:

-Marcus

Re: We made the DLR 2012 Booklet!

Awesome!

Comment

Yahooo -- congratulations​!

Comment

Very cool, did you have any idea they were photographing then or was this a complete shock? I know I've been there when they were doing promotional shooting and they had signs up say that by entering this area you know and acknowledge the fact that you might be photographed and your image used in marketing.
        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Sure its a huge deal! You and your family look fantastic and obviously Disney agrees! :thumbup:

Congrats : )
          [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

We just got the book yesterday in the mail I'm in love with the photos some great ones I wish to frame. congrats on making it into a magazine

Comment

Congrats
                Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Dreams do come true at Disney!! Now you're a part of Disneyland history! Congratulations. I got a kick out of seeing your picture, too.
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Very cool! Congrats! I just looked at the photo, awesome attire ; )

Comment

very very cool!

Comment

I got the booklet too! Congratulations, it's really awesome to being in part of Disneyland Resort history and at the opening day dressed up in classic fancy attire from 20's to 40's.

I love the 2012 book, it's very neat and high quality. The Disneyland Resort 2012 booklet is exclusive only to Disney Visa cardholders and AP holders.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
                        Save
                        Sav

Comment

Congrats to all who made it into the booklet! It's nice to know that when they say the photos are real guests, they are telling the truth.
                          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                            Very cool, did you have any idea they were photographing then or was this a complete shock? I know I've been there when they were doing promotional shooting and they had signs up say that by entering this area you know and acknowledge the fact that you might be photographed and your image used in marketing.

We didn't know they took this particular photo from afar. However, while we were taking our own pictures and having one of the park photographers take photos we had a couple of plain clothes photographers and CMs come up and start talking to us. They asked us if we would sign releases for image use. So we all filled out forms (including my son and daughter) and they took mugshots of us with a small whiteboard with our names. I wish I had those. I think they had already grabbed candid shots of us by that point and then they took a few more posed ones.
                            I have a trip report that I posted in the BVS section with lots of our own photos from the day:
                            http://micechat.com/forums/cars-land...xperience.html
                            -Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
                              I got the booklet too! Congratulations, it's really awesome to being in part of Disneyland Resort history and at the opening day dressed up in classic fancy attire from 20's to 40's.

I love the 2012 book, it's very neat and high quality. The Disneyland Resort 2012 booklet is exclusive only to Disney Visa cardholders and AP holders.
                              Question,, 1. how do you know this? Like did everyone just figure it out or did it say it?Im just curious...

Question 2... by Disney Visa card..that is the credit card ONLY right?I have the debit card from Chase not the credit card. I get the same perks and discounts as the visa but no points etc...

Comment

we got the booklet after our Ap expired in August I agree its a really nice book/magazine.

Comment

We are premium AP holders.

We haven't received the booklet yet, could it still be coming?
                                  [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

Originally posted by CSei2011 View Post
                                    Question,, 1. how do you know this? Like did everyone just figure it out or did it say it?Im just curious...

Question 2... by Disney Visa card..that is the credit card ONLY right?I have the debit card from Chase not the credit card. I get the same perks and discounts as the visa but no points etc...
                                    When the booklet came to our mail, it is this wonderful envelope with the sliver words 'Disneyland Resort' on the surface. Once I opened the envelope, a personal letter from George A. Kalogridis the current DLR preisdent wrote that that booklet captures the wonderful moments with our guests and cast members. Most of the photos were taken during summer of 2012.

Yes, it is the credit card one. Not the debit one, I think. I got so many points using the Disney Visa card during my trips to the Disneyland Resort. But, sadly only 10% discount when purchases are 50 or higher which in is pretty low.

I would take a picture of the envelope, the letter, and the book soon.

I'm just very glad that I got the book. You cannot find it in shops at Main Street USA or at the World of Disney. It's a exclusive booklet and the title of it is 'A Celebration of a Wish Come True.'
                                    Last edited by LangenFox; 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM.

Save
                                    Sav

Comment

Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
                                      When the booklet came to our mail, it is this wonderful envelope with the sliver words 'Disneyland Resort' on the surface. Once I opened the envelope, a personal letter from George A. Kalogridis the current DLR preisdent wrote that that booklet captures the wonderful moments with our guests and cast members. Most of the photos were taken during summer of 2012.

Yes, it is the credit card one. Not the debit one, I think. I got so many points using the Disney Visa card during my trips to the Disneyland Resort. But, sadly only 10% discount when purchases are 50 or higher which in is pretty low.

I would take a picture of the envelope, the letter, and the book soon.

I'm just very glad that I got the book. You cannot find it in shops at Main Street USA or at the World of Disney. It's a exclusive booklet and the title of it is 'A Celebration of a Wish Come True.'

so jealous!!!
                                      I'm not good with credit cards. I'm learning lol. My husband is good with money and once I learn how to be good with it I'm getting that credit card! lol

Comment

Wait.....I think I'm a bit wrong there. Um...since I was never a AP holder before in my life. I went to DLR so many times and I'm a member at Disneyland and main Disney website.

But once reading at the other thread about this great book. I figured that it is exclusive only to Disneyland regulars/Disney members, AP holders, and Disney Visa cardholders. Those who'd never received it probably never signed up for Disney and/ or never went Disneyland before.

Save
                                        Sav

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X