Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Disneyland Cancel Shows @ last minute?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Does Disneyland Cancel Shows @ last minute?

We decided to catch the Fireworks this Sunday and do the second showing of Fantasmic - But Fantasmic to me is the more important event.

Does Disneyland cancel the second showing at the last minute? I'm just hoping if they choose to cancel it, we have enough notice to catch the first one at least.

Thanks

Re: Does Disneyland Cancel Shows @ last minute?

Yes they do. For mechnical and weather reasons usually.

Fantasmic! usually can run in a limited manner before being fully cancelled. Fireworks are the most often cancelled show dues to thier lack of resistance to winds.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

^ Took the words right out of my mouth. I will add that Fantasmic isn't to be worried that much about being cancelled when it comes to weather. There's a video on youtube of a Fantasmic performance in heavy rainfall. But after experiencing this summer, you won't have to worry about rain anytime soon
      The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
        There's a video on youtube of a Fantasmic performance in heavy rainfall. But after experiencing this summer, you won't have to worry about rain anytime soon
        Yep, this is the only and last time Fantasmic played in moderate/heavy rainfall.

Here's the video of Fantasmic performing in rain that I recorded two years ago.

Last edited by SoCalbma; 09-20-2012, 10:53 PM.
        My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
        http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

The reason things are canceled at the last minute is they try their best to fix the problem or in the fireworks case hope the weather changes. Disneyland wants your experience to be a great one and they hate canceling any show. Technical difficulties and weather that might blow fireworks into unsafe areas are beyond their control. Twice I have had fireworks shows canceled on me after waiting over and hour front and center in front of the castle to have the prime view. I wasn't happy but I do understand!

Comment

Had Fantasmic! cancelled once right before the show was to start, and I had a great position. Once saw the fireworks cancelled a few minutes into the show. It's a shame when it happens, but what can you do? Disney doesn't control the weather.

Comment

WOC has been cancelled last minute at times due to weather.
              Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Ok.. Thanks for the responses. I think we'll be ok weather-wise. Here's hoping there's no other reason to cancel

Comment

have fun
                  Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X