Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all the cacti around Radiator Springs Racers real?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Are all the cacti around Radiator Springs Racers real?

Some of those big cacti around the RSR queue kind of look real, but also kind of look fake.

What's the scoop?

Re: Are all the cacti around Radiator Springs Racers real?

When they were building the land they brought in hundreds of plants. There were videos of them moving in cacti.

I didn't notice any that looked fake when there.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I saw those photos and videos too and, certainly, all the big trees and bushes and plants are real. Even the smaller cacti in RSR queue look real. It's the big Saquaro style ones that look iffy. They are so perfect! Not that I know my cacti that well.

Comment

When you have parents who own a real life cactus garden in their backyard (And we have a big backyard, so it's not the puny potted ones. I'm talking about those big barrel type kinds) you can tell the difference between real and fake rather easily.

Total Tender Rides: 20
        Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
        Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
        Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
          When you have parents who own a real life cactus garden in their backyard (And we have a big backyard, so it's not the puny potted ones. I'm talking about those big barrel type kinds) you can tell the difference between real and fake rather easily.
          But you didn't tell us your verdict. All real?

Comment

I think there's one in this picture which is a bit suspicious.

Comment

All plants are real at Disney theme parks. Though, mind you the outdoor ones are all real, the 'fake' ones are inside dark rides.
              Last edited by LangenFox; 09-20-2012, 11:43 PM.

Walt Disney's Original Magic Kingdom!
              Save
              Sav

Comment

They are real.

Comment

They are all real an transplanting those large cactus was not very easy. Disney did a great job in doing that task.

Comment

Originally posted by Macro View Post

I think I must of been in the sun too long. I'm seeing funny shapes in the cacti that almost resemble...people...

Total Tender Rides: 20
                    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
                      All plants are real at Disney theme parks. Though, mind you the outdoor ones are all real, the 'fake' ones are inside dark rides.
                      Except the vines at Tower of Terror & some plants at Bugsland.

Comment

Why wouldn't they be real? All the other plant life are why not the cacti? I guess because cacti naturally look like plastic people think they could be fakeI guess.

Comment

They're real. Ask my friend who pricked his finger testing their authenticity. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Macro View Post

Hah! Well played. Now I wish they'd install that (or one like it) for a Nature's Wonderland tribute....
                            when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Saguaro is a protected species and it requires a permit to even move one. Where did they get them from?

---------- Post added 09-21-2012 at 08:10 PM ----------

Comment

I haven't seen Radiator Springs in person. Does anyone have an image of a saguaro at the park? I don't see any saguaro in the pictures posted to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                                  I saw those photos and videos too and, certainly, all the big trees and bushes and plants are real. Even the smaller cacti in RSR queue look real. It's the big Saquaro style ones that look iffy. They are so perfect! Not that I know my cacti that well.

Be Cool Stay in School!
                                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                                    Now I wish they'd install that (or one like it) for a Nature's Wonderland tribute....
                                    After shopping that picture and taking a look at it, all I could say was "You know? They ought to do that." It would be a nice nod to the old train ride. And a conversation piece for folks who know its origin.

Comment

Saguaro cacti will not thrive anywhere outside of the Sonoran Desert (essentially Arizona). As far as I can tell, none of the cacti in cars land are Saguaros.

Comment

I know this has nothing to do with the cactus (although I was wondering that exact same questions myself) But a few of the larger rocks along the queue are fake. My friends and I went to touch it to see if it was real and, expecting it to be heavy, we pushed on it and it was like paper mache. It just rolled.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X