This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dole Whip leaving

There is nothing better than a nice cold Dole Whip on a hot summer day!

The destruction of the classic Disneyland continues. Soon you won't recognize the place, as it will be someplace else. It's already more than half-way there. Hopefully, when virtual reality comes about, we will be able to return to the "real" Disneyland--not the Finding Nemo Subs, Tarzan Treehouse Frankenstein they are creating in it's place.

Comment

Hearsay - I'll believe it when (or if) I see it (and / or read it) ...

Dole Whips are addicting (I have one every single time I visit Disneyland and they perk me up like a monster energy drink) ... yes, Dole Whips are pricey (its Disneyland, everything costs more), but they are also cheap compared to the price of other drinks / desserts served inside the Theme Park ...

While I can't wait for the Enchanted Tiki Room's 50th Anniversary, I still remain convinced that Corporate Sponsorship helped finance the maintenance of Rides and Attractions (if I'm wrong? then someone please explain why during the Eisner years there were less Corporate Sponsoring and the admission price kept going up faster then inflation?) ....

Next think you know someone will start a rumor that they're serving turkish snowcones in Adventureland (lol) ...

C J

now THAT is a Dole Whip tshirt !

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dole-Whip-Shirt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	7344881
      sigpic

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Comment

Originally posted by darkamor View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24034[/ATTACH]
        Yes, yes it is. I got one myself.

Comment

They'll find a way to keep it in one way or another. Too many people love it too much for it to be gone altogether. Not that I mind because I dislike pineapple.

...As I see it

Comment

Dole whip now sold at Blisberri in Bellevue Square Mall, Bellevue, WA!!!

it's a little cold (well, it's a LOT cold), but just close your eyes and your back in The Park!!
            "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

Just so long as they keep some kind of dole whip style treat I don't care what they call it or who sponsors it!

I like the idea of a variety of flavors that someone says are at Magic Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by darkamor View Post
                Hearsay - I'll believe it when (or if) I see it (and / or read it) ...

Dole Whips are addicting (I have one every single time I visit Disneyland and they perk me up like a monster energy drink) ... yes, Dole Whips are pricey (its Disneyland, everything costs more), but they are also cheap compared to the price of other drinks / desserts served inside the Theme Park ...

While I can't wait for the Enchanted Tiki Room's 50th Anniversary, I still remain convinced that Corporate Sponsorship helped finance the maintenance of Rides and Attractions (if I'm wrong? then someone please explain why during the Eisner years there were less Corporate Sponsoring and the admission price kept going up faster then inflation?) ....

Next think you know someone will start a rumor that they're serving turkish snowcones in Adventureland (lol) ...

C J

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24034[/ATTACH]
                Is anything special planned for the 50th anniversary next year?

Comment

Had our first dole whip last visit. One of each, juice, float and whip. Why did it take so long...now it shall become a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                    Is anything special planned for the 50th anniversary next year?

Name:	srr496743SMALL.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	7344897

I have not heard anything, although I was amused by the DOLE WHIP and CHURRO t-shirts that were sold inside the Walt Disney Theme Parks .... and I collected the SHAG art commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room (I guess Team Disney Anaheim will make an announcement sometime in 2013 when - or if - they're celebrating the 50th Anniversary of our favorite menagerie of tikis, birds and flowers) ....

Mice Chat is always a great place to stand by for further info -

Name:	tikiprint.gif
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	7344896

C J
                    sigpic

Comment

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room 50th Anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas998 View Post
                        Do you really thing that the Whip actually cost them as much as $1? I'm willing to bet it costs them even less.
                        Ice cream (and similar) has a shockingly small margin. It usually only makes pennies on the dollar in soft serve form.

Comment

Okay now, I work there and I haven't heard anything about Dole Whip leaving. Where did you hear about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                            Tiki Whip?
                            OMG..!!!!! I laughed so hard at this I almost peed.. :lmao:
                            -Tony :roll:

Comment

Dole whip is not exclusive to Disneyland. They have it at an ice cream place here called Lappert's and also at a frozen yogurt chain called "Fiji Yogurt" down the street from my house. So I don't see why Disneyland would discontinue it even if Dole stops sponsorship.
                              My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
                              My Disneyland Flickr set!
                              My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

Comment

In the unlikely event Dole did end the sponsership Disney could continue selling it.
                                Anyone can buy the Dolewhip mix and it actually comes in other flavors besides pinapple.
                                I buy the mix myself and make it at home in my cuisinart soft serve machine.

Erick
                                -TraderSamsCoffee.com
                                "Purveyors of unique coffees and goods"

Comment

the day DOLE WHIP is no longer being served @ Adventureland is the day MONTE CRISTO sandwiches are no longer being served @ New Orleans Square (until I see an actual Team Disney Anaheim memo stating "no more dole whip" its not happening) ... C J
                                  sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X