Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your Disney attire (to wear to the park)?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Where do you buy your Disney attire (to wear to the park)?

Before my last trip, I was looking for a couple cute Disney shirts and such to wear on my trip. I ended up not having great luck, and just picked up my Star Wars shirt from the actual park. Where do you like to look for Disney gear to wear before you get to the park?

I know the park is a great place, stocked full of merchandise, and it would be a sin to purchase things like "ears" outside of the park... I'm talking about actual clothes. Shirts. Sweaters. Hats. Underwear can be a topic for another day, so lets leave that one off, for now. Pun not originally intended, but now that I noticed it... totally intended.

Thanks!! And happy shopping!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Re: Where do you buy your Disney attire (to wear to the park)?

When I actually wear Disney stuff to the park, I either get it at the park or on the Disney Store website.

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Underwear can be a topic for another day, so lets leave that one off, for now.
    I always thought that was optional, anyway.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
      When I actually wear Disney stuff to the park, I either get it at the park or on the Disney Store website.

I always thought that was optional, anyway.
      Hahaha ohhh puns and the trouble they can get you into when they cross the line to innuendos. Love it!

I have horrible luck buying online, and no conveniently located Disney stores by me. Target has a collection out but they're tailored to this "hipster" phase -- oversized shirts with short midrifs.... Not my style. I love most of the things at the park, just comes down to 1.) I like to have a Disney shirt on when I walk in 2.) They expensive and 3.) I can't exactly try them on.

Anyway. Spoiled people problems, eh? Still would love to hear where you all treasure hunt!

Comment

I'm not sure how luck comes into buying on line.

Anyway, most of my Disney clothing and accessories I have bought at the resort over the years. But if I wanted something new before I went on a trip to DLR for some reason, I would use the online option that the Disney store has.

Comment

I buy my clothes at two store. One is called the World of Disney and the other is called Disneyland. i just feel there selection is way better than anything online or outside the DLR. The only thing I found worth looking online for is clothing made by independent designers.

Micenation

Comment

Sigh. I looked & looked both online & at DLR and just had no luck on a t-shirt. The ones that I thought were cute didn't fit & the ones that fit weren't cute. It seems that the Disney buyers are tailoring their cute shirts to 'junior size'. In the 'normal world' I'm a misses size M-L (I have hips & a bosom) depending on the style. The t-shirts were just too tight in the hips & chest, even the L and XL, to look 'nice' on me. I just don't wear shirts that 'hug my curves' quite that closely anymore. That left plus-size (too big) and men's (baggy on top, tight in the hip & not 'girly cute').

Is it me or have other ladies had this same problem?
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

For any Midwesterners out there, if you ever vacation in Wisconsin Dells (which is where many Midwesterners go when they don't have the $$$ for a Disney vacation), there is an outlet mall there with a Disney store. In addition to selling typical Disney store merch at a discount, they also sometimes have Disney Parks merchandise at prices WAY below what you would pay in the park.

Maybe some Micechatters know of similar outlet stores in other parts of the country? I had never seen one before.

Comment

Speaking of the Midwest, I got my favorite Disenyland attire in Marceline, Missouri. Not only does it make me feel another connection to Uncle Walt, but it's been a great conversation starter.

But around here, I think I've seen Disney stuff in Walmart.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I rarely wear Disney clothing inside the park because I don't usually buy clothes at my local Disney Store. They are overpriced and half the time I can't find anything I like. The only Disney related shirts I have are a couple Nightmare Before Christmas ones that I have had for a while and a Pirates of the Caribbean one. I just wear normal clothes.

With that said, the clothes I do have I got at my local Disney store or at other stores like Hot Topic. HT had some vintage Disney shirts a while back on their website and in their stores.
                  Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                    Sigh. I looked & looked both online & at DLR and just had no luck on a t-shirt. The ones that I thought were cute didn't fit & the ones that fit weren't cute. It seems that the Disney buyers are tailoring their cute shirts to 'junior size'. In the 'normal world' I'm a misses size M-L (I have hips & a bosom) depending on the style. The t-shirts were just too tight in the hips & chest, even the L and XL, to look 'nice' on me. I just don't wear shirts that 'hug my curves' quite that closely anymore. That left plus-size (too big) and men's (baggy on top, tight in the hip & not 'girly cute').

This juuuust happened to me a few weeks ago. I ordered my normal size (L in womens) and the fit was just horrible. I tried on an XL in the same shirt (I ordered multiple for members in my family) thinking maybe I had put on some weight and the XL was HUGE. The sizing seemed to be way off, so you arent alone!

KellyMcG86-I too live in Glendale, they did re open a Disney Store inside Arrowhead Mall. Its located on the lower level next to Dicks Sporting Goods. I saw you mentioned you didn't have one close, just thought maybe you didn't know one had gone back into the mall!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

Walmart when there is Disney stuff
                      My Art site
                      http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post

This is exactly the problem I have, and why I worry about buying online!

---------- Post added 09-22-2012 at 09:07 AM ----------

Originally posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
                        KellyMcG86-I too live in Glendale, they did re open a Disney Store inside Arrowhead Mall. Its located on the lower level next to Dicks Sporting Goods. I saw you mentioned you didn't have one close, just thought maybe you didn't know one had gone back into the mall!
                        THANK YOU!! I need to go check it out!! I think I'll browse through Hot Topic while I'm there if they have one. I wouldn't have thought that would be a good place for Disney, but they're site has tons of stuff!

Comment

KellyMcG86- Or AZ mills with the outlet Disney store. You can find some really nice stuff there! Like another poster said.. you can find stuff form the parks at a cheap price!

And I too can NEVER find anything that fits right... and when I do... they never have my size....

I have kinda given up on Disney merch for myself and go overboard buying stuff for my husband... lol

Comment

Originally posted by CSei2011 View Post
                            KellyMcG86- Or AZ mills with the outlet Disney store. You can find some really nice stuff there! Like another poster said.. you can find stuff form the parks at a cheap price!

And I too can NEVER find anything that fits right... and when I do... they never have my size....

I have kinda given up on Disney merch for myself and go overboard buying stuff for my husband... lol
                            I haven't been to AZ Mills in years, I forgot they have a Disney Outlet store! I need to go shopping... hehe Thank you!!

Comment

I always stop at the Disney outlet in Camerillo to get Disney stuff. It has lots of stuff from the parks at a fraction of the price. Love that place.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
                                I always stop at the Disney outlet in Camerillo to get Disney stuff. It has lots of stuff from the parks at a fraction of the price. Love that place.
                                Where is that at? I would love to check it out on my to DLR/home...

Comment

I totally forgot about the Disney Outlet Store in the Camarillo Premium Outlet. The Camarillo Premium Outlet is at 740 E. Ventura Boulevard in Camarillo, CA. It's a huge "mall" (for lack of a better term), so I suggest you look at the map online (Camarillo Premium Outlets - Designer Outlet Stores & Map) in order to figure out where the store is. I have to make a trip out there before my DLR vacation in late October!
                                  "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." -Walt Disney

Comment

Most of my disney themed shirts are parady shirts that I get from online stores.
                                    Jack as Skeletor

Buzz as Boba Fett

and a mickey Mouse from old navy

I don't really care to much for the styles that they have at the parks so these are fun (and cheap)

If you are looking there are fun sites like Teefury.com (which is where the first two are from) and riptapparel that have new shirts every 24 hours and are really well priced and I assume that they have proper fit's for girls.
                                    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by CSei2011 View Post
                                      Where is that at? I would love to check it out on my to DLR/home...
                                      It's at 740 E Ventura Blvd Ste 1504 Camarillo, CA 93010. Awesome store. I got a DL sweater there that was at the park for $60 at DLR for only $20 Love love love the store.

---------- Post added 09-22-2012 at 12:45 PM ----------

Originally posted by MadQueenAlice View Post
                                      I totally forgot about the Disney Outlet Store in the Camarillo Premium Outlet. The Camarillo Premium Outlet is at 740 E. Ventura Boulevard in Camarillo, CA. It's a huge "mall" (for lack of a better term), so I suggest you look at the map online (Camarillo Premium Outlets - Designer Outlet Stores & Map) in order to figure out where the store is. I have to make a trip out there before my DLR vacation in late October!
                                      Didn't see your reply... Awesome info with the map. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Originally posted by TONY THE BEAT View Post
                                        Where is Camerillo? I'm not familiar. If it's somewhere between Phoenix and Anaheim, I may have to make a stop on my next trip!

---------- Post added 09-22-2012 at 12:47 PM ----------

Originally posted by MadQueenAlice View Post
                                        Oh you just totally answered my question!! our psychic abilities astound me. Thank you!! :bow:

---------- Post added 09-22-2012 at 12:49 PM ----------

Originally posted by Meville View Post
                                        Most of my disney themed shirts are parady shirts that I get from online stores.
                                        Jack as Skeletor

Buzz as Boba Fett

and a mickey Mouse from old navy

I don't really care to much for the styles that they have at the parks so these are fun (and cheap)

If you are looking there are fun sites like Teefury.com (which is where the first two are from) and riptapparel that have new shirts every 24 hours and are really well priced and I assume that they have proper fit's for girls.
                                        Thank you so much! I haven't heard of some of these sites, I will definitely check them out. I want that Boba Fett/Buzz shirt!!!!! :greedy:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X