Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should DCA have a space shuttle attraction?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Should DCA have a space shuttle attraction?

After all they did make them Ca and they could call it space track like the test track in epcot except this would give riders a test on a space ship what do u think would it work please share your thoughts!

Re: Should DCA have a space shuttle attraction?

Originally posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    After all they did make them Ca and they could call it space track like the test track in epcot except this would give riders a test on a space ship what do u think would it work please share your thoughts!
    Being that the shuttle is now retired, I'd rather they look to the future. Maybe a simulated space launch by SpaceX. They are located in California and are building their heavy vehicle launch (Falcon Heavy) site at Vandenberg Air Force Base, home of the 30th Space Wing.

Check out the heavy launch vehicle followed by the future landing capability of the Dragon capsule.

sigpic

Comment

ITA with the above...if people want to see the shuttle they can go to the California Science Center in a month, so I'd rather Disney do something new and unusual.

The other side of the coin would be doing some sort of vintage exhibit as a nod to the space program...I'm envisioning little Apollo and Mercury capsules, LOL.
      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Mission Space is a good ride with good capacity that a lot of guests rides every day. Because the ride itself is small they build multiples to increase its capacity, but the small ride vehicles can be placed easily lending a lot of flexibility to the attraction design.

Because it easy to do random programming they could improve it for DL by making the outcome different.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

No. Just no. Something futuristic, not a throwback to the 70's.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Unfortunately the only land where a space shuttle attraction could thematically fit, Condor Flats, has no room for the addition of new attractions or for expansion.

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
            No. Just no. Something futuristic, not a throwback to the 70's.
            With the time limitations that they put on the themes in the different lands in the park, there is no place now in CA Adventure to put anything futuristic.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I don't think an attraction, for the reasons already mentioned. However, if they wanted to replace Miley's photo with a picture of the shuttle, I'd be all for it.
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Truecoat View Post
                Being that the shuttle is now retired, I'd rather they look to the future. Maybe a simulated space launch by SpaceX.
                SpaceX is not the future. SpaceX is replacing the Status Quo. The future is the SLS and MPCV that will begin testing in space next year. As awesome and cool as Dragon and Falcon are, they are replacing the ferry capability of the Shuttle which has freed up NASA's budget and talent to focus on the next thing.

That said, I don't think we should have a ride based on anything that we are either a) doing right now, or b) will be doing in the next 20 years. For Tomorrowland, Disney needs to dream really really big and far out, and then triple that. They need to go to a place our dreams haven't even taken us yet. They need to take us to a world where the Tomorrowland dedication has come true and show us the challenge and promise of the future."

A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying man's achievements... A step into the future with predictions of constructive things to come. Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure, and ideals, the atomic age, the challenge of outer space and the hope for a peaceful and unified world.
                We haven't really met any of those yet. We've started to dabble with a few, but we have not in any way met the promise or challenge of any of them. THAT is what Tomorrowland needs to show us.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                  SpaceX is not the future. SpaceX is replacing the Status Quo. The future is the SLS and MPCV that will begin testing in space next year. As awesome and cool as Dragon and Falcon are, they are replacing the ferry capability of the Shuttle which has freed up NASA's budget and talent to focus on the next thing.
                  Short term they are replacing ferry capability but long term I think they can do what NASA can and at a cheaper price. SpaceX will put a man or 7 in space way before NASA will.
                  sigpic

Comment

I vaguely remember Mission to Mars from when I was a tyke, and the idea was so cool. I have always been fascinated with outer space. It's infinite expanse scares me and excites me all at once. I recently saw an Imax film at the Science museum here in San Francisco that took you on an interplanetary journey to the far reaches of space and I honestly felt that it would make a spectacular ride. With that being said, and having not been to Epcot to compare to Mission Space, I think it would be great for Disneyland to have a space journey that explores other galaxies and black holes and the like. The stuff that is rarely seen by a human eye is the stuff that excites people about space. We've all seen the planets and the earth from space via video and pictures. But I've never been inside a black hole or a chunk of interplanetary material have you?

Facebook me!
                    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

A Space Shuttle attraction does not make much sense at this point. There is a very good Space Shuttle simulator attraction at the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center in Florida.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X