Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Ghost Galaxy - 10:1 FP/Standby ratio?

Friday night on Ghost Galaxy they were admitting about 40 from the FastPass line for each 4 or 5 from the Standby line. I went specifically to ride GG and kept my nose in a video game for most of it (100 min. posted wait with no FPs left, but it was really over 2 hours) so I wasn't paying close attention until I got to the very end of the Standby line. It was quite startling once I started counting it out.

Is this typical? Is this caused by not enforcing FP return times so it all bunches up at night?

Re: Ghost Galaxy - 10:1 FP/Standby ratio?

Generally speaking, FastPass wait times need to be kept short in order for there to be a point to the system. If a lot of guests are returning to an attraction with FastPasses during a short timeframe, the FastPass queue gets longer. The only way for the CM's working the attraction to keep the FastPass wait time short is to increase the FastPass-to-standby ratio. This results in higher wait times for guests in the standby queue. And yes, this can be caused by guests saving their FastPasses for later, among other things.

Comment

Are the wait times going to be 1.5 - 2 hours normally? Im going for a few days in October and one night is a halloween event on a friday. Im expecting long wait times on the friday but are the wait times going typically as bad as your talking about?

Comment

Removed.
        Last edited by oo_nrb; 09-22-2012, 11:43 PM. Reason: Removed.
        *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
        *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
        *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

I wonder what u removed.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderCvrDisneyGeek View Post
            Are the wait times going to be 1.5 - 2 hours normally? Im going for a few days in October and one night is a halloween event on a friday. Im expecting long wait times on the friday but are the wait times going typically as bad as your talking about?
            GG is a full-time overlay, not just for the special Halloween event (which hasn't started yet) so you can go in the morning to avoid a long line or get your FastPass early, or both.

If you're paying extra for the Halloween event then do the things unique to the event and don't waste time on anything you can do during the regular hours.

Although the SM/GG line was long, I thoroughly enjoyed the nighttime projections on the SM dome. I saw the entire 30-minute light and sound show twice before I reached the part of the line that can't see the dome and resorted to my video game. Even if you ride the ride during the day (which, as mentioned, will be the same any time) you should go up to the second level at night and watch the dome -- maybe not for the entire 30 minutes, though I might. Something's in there trying to get out...

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
              Is this caused by not enforcing FP return times so it all bunches up at night?
              The simple answer is Yes.
              If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Space was broken down for a couple of hours on Friday night, so that might have been the cause of the long line. The FP holders with return times during the breakdown came back after it was fixed.

Comment

This brings back memories of leap day where a 2 hour posted wait at 1am turned into a 3 and a half hour wait because we watched them continuously let in 50 people from the fastpass line to 10 from standby. the reason there was a never ending fastpass line was that the ride broke down twice that day and each time they gave everyone waiting a fastpass for up to 6 people. So if you had 6 in your party you could all come back together up to 6 times in a row that night. I would assume your evening with space mountain probably had a similar scenerio.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDreamer2 View Post
                    This brings back memories of leap day where a 2 hour posted wait at 1am turned into a 3 and a half hour wait because we watched them continuously let in 50 people from the fastpass line to 10 from standby. the reason there was a never ending fastpass line was that the ride broke down twice that day and each time they gave everyone waiting a fastpass for up to 6 people. So if you had 6 in your party you could all come back together up to 6 times in a row that night. I would assume your evening with space mountain probably had a similar scenerio.
                    Sadly, nothing out of the ordinary. That's business as usual on most FP attractions. Add in the late FP returns and it's stop and go all day, and when I say "stop," I mean "stand in place for five or 10 minutes."

Used to be you could count on most wait times being about 25% shorter than what's posted on the board. Now it's 25% longer. Ah, the joys of Fastpass...
                    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
                    Charter Member

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Guru View Post
                      Ah, the joys of Fastpass...
                      ...Soon to be surpassed by the ecstasy of NextGen.

As the man said, "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
                      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

If only there was a better way! is there? Personally let's drop FP altogether. Extreme? maybe but if I could choose...

...As I see it

Comment

I can't wait for NextGen. Finally I'll be able to schedule my ride times long before I even get to the park.

Comment

I find it comical that this year Haunted Mansion Holiday only reaches 45 minutes max without fastpass. Just last year the queue was easily over 80 minutes during peak hours. I recently waited in the line and it was constantly moving which made the wait much more tolerable. The system just needs to be removed entirely or strictly enforced.

Comment

i like fastpass, it can save me at times and has given me a lot. then again, it ruins me when i watch the standby line sit there. if they could limit the fastpasses a little more, allow less, ideally leave enough so that at least everyone in the park could grab one, it would be better. but man, i dread the time i spend watching people with fastpasses go ahead of me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X