Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Baseball and the DLR on the same day.

On Thursday, I will see the last Angels home game of the season (it's a day game) and then go to the DLR. Here's hoping the Angels make the playoffs.

Do any of you combine baseball and Disney on the same day? I understand there were special tickets in the '60s (when Walt was alive) that allowed you to combine Angels baseball and Disneyland. Is this true?
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Re: Baseball and the DLR on the same day.

In the 1970s Angels/Disneyland Day was always a favorite time to go. This was the era when ticket books were being used. Your Angels ticket stub would get you into the park after the game and with a special 'passport' you would have unlimited use of all attractions for the rest of the day and evening.
    I still go to the Park after a game sometimes.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

You could, and for $5.00
      Yesterland Presents Angels-Disneyland Double Header

Comment

Back in the 70's, as soon as we got an Angels pocket schedule we would check out which Sunday was Angels/Disneyland Fun Day. The passport for the park was not valid until 4:30 pm, but with 1970's attendance & a kid's enthusiasm we could hit all the "big rides" we wanted. Plus, back then the park pretty much emptied once Fantasy in the Sky fireworks ended, leaving the last couple of hours wide open. Also, since everybody else was fumbling with their ticket books, this was as close as a kid could get to being a VIP! (Getting envious looks from other guests was almost half the fun.)

With the unfortunate 8:00 pm closings at mid-week right now, you'll only get a limited time at the park, but hey, it IS Disneyland, and any time at the park is better than time at the office. Oh, and Go Angels!

Comment

I've done a few park and game days. Although with an AP it wasn't a big deal to hit the parks for just a few hours.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Never did the Angel/Disneyland special. I did a few Rams/Disneyland when I bought an annual pass. Good way to cheer up after yet another Rams loss.
            I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

If I were going to Disneyland - baseball would be the farthest thing on my mind.

I'm just saying...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I don't know. There's something about baseball and Disneyland, or more specifically the Angels and Disneyland that are somehow related to each other. I can't explain it -- they just simply belong together.

That the Angels play in Anaheim is of no coincidence. After three years of sharing Dodger Stadium with almost no perks even after paying a premium to play there, the Angels went out to build a stadium of their own. Gene Autry almost settled on Long Beach but ultimately did not like the idea. It was his friendship with Walt Disney that ultimately landed them in Anaheim. In fact Walt was offered part ownership in the team, but according to In Service With The Mouse by Jack Lindquist Walt decided against it because he didn't want his friendship with Gene Autry to sour due to a bad trade decision or whatever. Walt was on the Angels Board of Directors though, and he and Gene remained friends to the very end. (Which sadly was not that long).

So does baseball and Disneyland belong together? Just about as much as hot dogs and apple pie, I'd say...

Comment

I always had a connection to the Angels even when I lived in Texas. You see. my Dad's middle name was Autry and so is mine. He was named after Gene and I was named after my Dad. I so wish I could have met Gene and let him know. Maybe his offspring would like to know.
                  Harlan Ellison

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys. See you on another thread.
                    Harlan Ellison

Comment

One more thing: There's a rumor going around that the Angels want a new ballpark and are considering it being built in City of Industry IF the city does not get a football stadium built. So if you want to combine baseball and Disney, better do it next season or the one after until we know for sure that the NFL is coming to that city. I think the Angels should just do what the Yankess did and build its new stadium in the parking lot and then tear down the older one.
                      Harlan Ellison

Comment

I've done it for both the Angels and Ducks. . . In fact, for the Ducks season opener in 2008, I did Disneyland, the Ducks game, and back to Disneyland. . .
                        ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Comment

Well, I went to the game, which the Angels lost, 9-4 but I was too tired to go to the DLR, so I just took the bus home. It was a nice break from school, though.
                          Harlan Ellison

Comment

On November 17th I'll be doing a combined RUSH/DL Day
                            "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                            - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Baseball and Disney in the same day.... Sounds like heaven!!!!!
                              Mandy

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X