This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Haunted Mansion Holiday Question

So I came across this question in my mind.
    Do they take out the original stretched paintings or do they cover it?

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday Question

I recall hearing (I believe on the HMH Special Feature on the recent Nightmare Before Christmas DVD) that they're so perfectly aligned that it's not worth removing them, so they just cover them up.
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

Comment

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
      I recall hearing (I believe on the HMH Special Feature on the recent Nightmare Before Christmas DVD) that they're so perfectly aligned that it's not worth removing them, so they just cover them up.
      Do you know if it's on YouTube or something?

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
      "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

If you buy the 'Nightmare Before Christmas' collector's edition DVD/Blu-Ray there is a documentary about the 'Haunted Mansion' overlay. I was surprised that they went into as much detail as they did.

Comment

The original portraits are covered. If you look closely you can see that the HMH stretching portraits are HUGE in comparison to the original. They're big enough to cover up every last portion of the originals.
          "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

nightmare before christmas dvd:haunted mansion holiday tour - YouTube

Skip to about 5:45 in, you'll see the part I was talking about.
            www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
            -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
            ~Alice Davis

Comment

Thank you all for answering my question :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
                nightmare before christmas dvd:haunted mansion holiday tour - YouTube

Skip to about 5:45 in, you'll see the part I was talking about.
                i LOVE the haunted mansion and thought i found all the interesting youtube videos about it, but i haven't seen this one, so thanks for the link!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X