Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matterhorn isn't bad IF you sit forward.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Matterhorn isn't bad IF you sit forward.

The first couple of times I rode the redone ride I was getting jarred around quite a bit but I discovered if I leaned forward that the ride became much better, it made it seem faster and it was not jarring. I also had to find a good spot for my legs but after some adjusting it was awesome. So if you ride the new version of the Matterhorn try it sitting forward.

Re: Matterhorn isn't bad IF you sit forward.

Originally posted by flickor View Post
    The first couple of times I rode the redone ride I was getting jarred around quite a bit but I discovered if I leaned forward that the ride became much better, it made it seem faster and it was not jarring. I also had to find a good spot for my legs but after some adjusting it was awesome. So if you ride the new version of the Matterhorn try it sitting forward.
    I'll have to give leaning forward a shot! I'm so torn on this ride... I love it for the fact that it's one of the older, more original rides, but I don't actually enjoy riding it. Weird, right? Haha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I assumed the new seats were just rough somehow, but after i sat in the new ones, it feels like the back is a a right angle. Not the kind of discomfort i expected. I wonder how many people tested these before they said "yeah, no prob. Comfortable enough".
      sigpic

Comment

I have to sit in the middle or back, then I set myself. Then on that first hill, I push my back into the seat, which sits me up good. After that, I am part of the ride and can more easily go with the flow of the car and it is way less jarring. I also recommend going on the Tomorrowland side. It goes faster and we find it a bit smoother. The Fantasyland side is always slower and due to that feels like it is a bit more jerky.

I do not recommend seat 1 on either sled for anyone of the 5'7" or taller and any degree of "fluffyness"

Comment

My DD and I rode the new sleds recently, and I have to agree with all those who complained about the new configuration, bad job Disney. Leg room is a joke and the seats are so uncomfortable. We only rode the ride one time during our magic morning, no lines, but after riding it, we thought, naaa, lets do something else.

Comment

I agree that sitting forward helps a lot.

Comment

I'll try this out next time but I don't think I should have to sit a certain way on any ride in order to avoid pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
                I'll try this out next time but I don't think I should have to sit a certain way on any ride in order to avoid pain.
                I was going to say the exact same thing.

Comment

I just had a thought. Do you guys think sitting forward on the ride was the whole purpose since they're bobsled?

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                  "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                  "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Originally posted by Slappypunk View Post
                    I just had a thought. Do you guys think sitting forward on the ride was the whole purpose since they're bobsled?
                    If it was the intention they would have had a sign with a picture & directions.

Comment

But if you were to sit in the 2nd or 3rd row, wouldn't that mean leaning really close to the back of the seat in front of you? What if you slam your teeth into it?

Comment

Originally posted by smartlabelprint View Post
                        If it was the intention they would have had a sign with a picture & directions.
                        They're leaning forward.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqIOKnUE52l-OTySBOrtCJitnw~~60_35.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	7344857

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                        "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                        "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

I have tried many things, but for me then settling as much as I can against the seat back, bracing my legs in the slots, and placing my hands on the hand bars coming off the head rest of the seat in front is what works best. When I can do this, I tend to be more "at one" with the sled and better able to move with it as it takes the turns. Honestly, it works best on the Tomorrowland side because the sled seems to move faster on that track. I have found a way that makes one of my favorite rides, doable. The first couple of times, I was in the front of the sled and that was terrible, so middle or back only for me!

Honestly, I think you will have to ride it a a couple of times to determine what works best for you. If you can find a way that works, the ride is enjoyable again, even with these poor changes.
                          :blush:

Comment

I have to agree with the original poster, leaning forward and separating your back from the seat helps immensely. Because the car is a rigid structure it has a tendency to transfer every jolt right into your back which can be somewhat painful. Additionally, I found that leaning forward also helps on 'Goofy's Sky School' for the same reasons.

---------- Post added 09-25-2012 at 02:32 PM ----------

Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
                            But if you were to sit in the 2nd or 3rd row, wouldn't that mean leaning really close to the back of the seat in front of you? What if you slam your teeth into it?
                            No. You don't have to go over board with the leaning. All that's required is to put a few inches of space between your back and the seat. Let your rear end absorb the jolts not your back.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X