Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] is it safe to do a Hopper on Xmas ?

i know on Xmas they get packed and thats 100% fine with me
    the problem i have is are they gonna get maxed on people and not let people
    re-enter... cos i love Junkyard Jamboree and the Radiator Spring Racers
    everything else in CAD is skipable aside from the 1 or 2 rides every1 else wants to go on in my group
    i know last time i went for New Years Eve they got maxed and were letting people out but telling them
    they will not be aloud for re-enter (this was more at night like 9pm-ish)

my plan is since D usely opens at like 8ish and CAD opens at 10
    id hit D 1st then cross to CA then jump back to D after lunch

i dont wanna waste extra $ on buying a hopper if i gotta skip CA

so has any1 been there on Xmas Day and can give some info
    cos i havent been on there on Xmas day and im not to sure

Re: is it safe to do a Hopper on Xmas ?

All I can say is god bless you for going to Carsland on Christmas Day. It may take you 3-4 hours maybe more to just get on Radiator Spring Racers, especially if it breaks down as much as it does now.

Comment

Re: is it safe to do a Hopper on Xmas ?

Well let me first say Disney is incredible during the Christmas season. If you've been during that time then you've seen the decorations and shows/entertainment we do for the guests. Because it's such a magical moment, expect a huge increase in guest attendance. Christmas/New Years is our busiest time out of the year, so it's going to be packed.

There will be days where one or both parks are full. It has happened many times before, and it's not always during the winter time. When the parks do reach their max amount of guests, they will have to stop letting more guests come in. Usually what happens is the park gets full, they close the entrance gates, wait for a good chunk of people to leave, re open the gates, let more people in until the park is full once more, then repeat. Or if a small amount of people are leaving they might just close the park off until a larger majority of guests leave. Yeah it's annoying, but what can you do?

DCA (Disney's California Adventure) is more then likely going to be extremely busy as well, especially since Cars Land is opened. Right now the average wait for Radiator Springs Racers is around an hour and a half to two and a half hours. Keep in mind right now is Disney's off-season. The lines will more then likely jump to much longer once Christmas hits. I haven't worked over in DCA in some time and haven't been in there during Christmas in a few years, so I couldn't tell you exactly how crazy it'll be. Are you going for just one day? Because if you are, you might not get to do everything you want. You could look into a 3-day hopper, which is actually reasonably priced, and just do DCA one day then Disneyland another then try a combination of the two on the third day or just shop in Downtown Disney on the third day.

The good thing is Christmas time at Disneyland isn't just a one or two week thing. It usually lasts for about a month and a half or longer, so you have the option to pick your days wisely. And it's not like Halloween time where you have to buy a ticket to see the special shows(i.e.Mickey's Halloween Party). So you do have some room to decide what to do and whether or not a hopper is really worth it. In my opinion, a one day hopper doesn't give you enough time to experience everything. I always tell guests they should have done the 3-day park hopper and almost all of them usually agree with me.(There are those who can only handle one day of Disney fun)

I hope this helped you out a bit, and feel free to message me if you've got any other questions. Happy hunting
      "It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X