This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Remember When?

Remember when Main Street Emporium windows used to have a series of animated window displays based on current animation features? It seemed like it was once or twice a year that they would get updated. I think 101 Dalmations was one of those sets. Can't remember for sure, but didn't Atlantis have a set of windows at one time?

It's sad, but our windows have been the same ones for seven l-o-n-g years. I wonder why the change-outs dont happen very often.

Re: Remember When?

Yes...would have loved to see a Princess and the Frog, Tangled...Muppets and Wreck it Ralph display...sign
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Just another one of those cut backs Disney is so find of. Nothing like consistently offering less for more money.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I loved those.......I have an AP and my mom doesn't. She maybe goes to Disneyland every two years now. The last time she walked by the windows I remember she commented that it was a shame that she comes sooo little and the windows haven't changed in years!

I too miss those......and they should at least clean the inside of the windows once in a while....Ariel looks silly enough without having a cobweb from her hair to "knees".
        Little and broken, but still good.

Comment

I loved those. Entering the park in the 70's and 80's it was the first thing I went to see. The Rescuers, The Black Hole, Pete's Dragon and a few others were pretty memorable. There were about 4 or 5 windows that in succession showed scenes from the story.

I expected them to always be there and never thought they'd leave. The last time I was in the park there were still one or two windows with various displays with mini-animatronics from different features, but nothing that promoted one specific movie spanned over all display windows. I just never thought they'd do away with that concept.

Comment

I miss those days. I never really noticed it until now. Such a shame.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
            "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
            "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

I always look at the windows and noticed the same thing.

As glad as I am that what we have is there, I would have thought they would update the scenes by now. I still enjoy the current ones though.

Comment

I actually never walk on that side of main street just so I can avoid looking at those windows. They were always such a special treat to me to see. I have very strong memories of walking down with my mom stopping to look at each display. They were a big part of my disney experience.

Looking at them now is just really depressing to me.

Comment

So, they got rid of yet another lovely little touch of charm in the Park? That figures. The Eisner/Iger Empire of Lameness continues its campaign of suckage unabated.

Old Disney = Awesome.
                  New Disney = Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Juni View Post
                    I actually never walk on that side of main street just so I can avoid looking at those windows. They were always such a special treat to me to see. I have very strong memories of walking down with my mom stopping to look at each display. They were a big part of my disney experience.

Looking at them now is just really depressing to me.
                    DITTO! I rarely walk on that side of Main Street. I'm hoping one day I'll make my over and see that they have FINALLY changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                      So, they got rid of yet another lovely little touch of charm in the Park? That figures. The Eisner/Iger Empire of Lameness continues its campaign of suckage unabated.

Old Disney = Awesome.
                      New Disney = Pathetic.
                      I would label New Disney as "Not as Awesome." Compared to the parks in the 90's, we are way above pathetic. But definitely not awesome.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                      Follow us on Twitter
                      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Ironically, if this was something that Disney just started doing now, many people would condemn it as being out of the theme of turn of the century Main Street.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I hate to say it....But things didn't SEEM as BAD as today when Eisner was in charge...and I NEVER thought I'd say that!

They should take the Frankenweenie props and sets and put them in the windows!

Comment

it must cost way to much if the can rebuild DCA but not change the windows
                            Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
                              They should take the Frankenweenie props and sets and put them in the windows!
                              Or just get rid of them all together.
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Those window displays were one of my favorite things to see everytime I went to DL as a kid...it is a shame they don't update them like they used to. But I guess with all the kids today that kind of hand-crafted charm just doesn't appeal anymore. Now they will hardly respond to anything that doesn't have a touch-screen and "apps".

Comment

I do miss those. The few characters they have now in the windows are nice, but it's not the same. Oh, childhood!

Comment

The windows now are left over from the 50th.
                                    Does anyone remember the last real window diorama's? For some reason the last one I can think of is from Lilo and Stitch.........not counting the one window from Ratatouille.
                                    Anyone remember?

Comment

Loved those and yes, even Atlantis got the window for a time! I can't remember what they were when I was there last November, but I still like to walk by them at least once and I cannot wait to check them out when I go soon!

Comment

Anyone have photos of these? My first proper trip was in 2005- so the first ones I saw were the ones we have now.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X