Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will RSR honeymoon effect last?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] How long will RSR honeymoon effect last?

I'm sure there are many here who can recall other new rides (IJA, ST, etc) that had big openings and reopenings. I calculate by the end of next summer lines will settle into an 60-70 min. tops, as people become more content with the attraction. Right now it's the "one to do" ... and do, and do.

What do you think? Or will it take another e-ticket attraction to knock it down? That will probably be a couple years out at least.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: How long will RSR honeymoon effect last?

It'll last as long as POTC.
    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

While I see the crowds dying down a little, it will always be a popular attraction with long waits. I'm thinking along the lines of Space Mountain.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
        It'll last as long as POTC.
        POTC avg a 5-15 min wait last week

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Well, Star Tours re-opened to much fanfare on May 20, 2011 and I rode it in late March of 2012, not a full year after the fact. When I did, the line was the same as it had been for ST before it's renovation.

That being said, because RSR is situated in a completely new land I think it will likely stay very bust for perhaps the next few years.

Comment

Until Disneyland gets either an expansion or a NEW E Ticket...though it will always have some sort of line on normal days....maybe on special events it will have no lines...like how Indy had NO lines during the Fantasmic Event
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

through christmas... once you've gotten it so the AP population has gotten their all important first rides... people will fall back to their 'skip it if its long' wait mentality.

IMO - It should maintain a wait similar to Space and Indy as long as DCA continues to pull the crowds. I think by the time we hit the spring.. you'll be able to get FPs through midday instead of running out immediately and it will maintain waits in the 45-90min range.. similar to DL's top attractions.
              Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
              Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
              Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

I agree, it'll probably end up having waits roughly comparable to Indy and Space.

Comment

I wonder if the wait times will mirror Toy Story MM. Or are the wait times there still long just because of the way the ride itself is?

Comment

Seeing that Toy Story Mania is still a 50-60min wait I would imagine the line for RSR will stay long well into next year. As someone mentioned before the line for the new Star Tours is still long. Same goes for the Finding Nemo Submarines.

Some rides just have long lines. I would imagine by next spring/summer the wait time will probably go down to 60-70min instead of 120+.
                    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I think it's fair to completely relate it to Test Track at epcot, since it's the same ride system and has very similar ride capacity. So going off that, it will rarely be a walk-on.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                      Follow us on Twitter
                      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I think for a very long time it's going to be atleast 20 minutes on the slowest of days

Comment

Originally posted by Bexington View Post
                          I think for a very long time it's going to be atleast 20 minutes on the slowest of days
                          I agree!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X