Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes the Disneyland popcorn smell so good?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] What makes the Disneyland popcorn smell so good?

I would swear if pixie dust had a smell, it would be the same!

I cannot resist it if I'm hungy, they must have foodologists they stay up nights mixing the concoction!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: What makes the Disneyland popcorn smell so good?

I agree, Disneyland popcorn is awesome

Comment

All popcorn smells good.

However, DL needs to improve the taste/texture a little.

Wait--I mean A LOT. Microwave popcorn tastes WAY better, and at least has a little moist butteriness. DL popcorn is like eating dried out cotton balls.

Personally, I make my own popcorn using a Whirley-pop. I could give DL a lesson on the proper way to make popcorn.

Comment

Now, realize, I said nothing about the taste, I don't really care for the "taste"... it's the smell!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

context
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

You could develop "popcorn lung disease" for smelling too much. Lol.

Anyways you guys heard about popcorn lung lawsuit?
            My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
            http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
              All popcorn smells good.

Wait--I mean A LOT. Microwave popcorn tastes WAY better, and at least has a little moist butteriness. DL popcorn is like eating dried out cotton balls.

Personally, I make my own popcorn using a Whirley-pop. I could give DL a lesson on the proper way to make popcorn.
              I strongly disagree with your harsh claim. I think the taste of Disneyland popcorn is perfect the way it is, and that it's way better than microwaved popcorn imo. You may have eaten Disneyland's at the wrong place at the wrong time, because in my experiences, the popcorn always had enough buttery moisture and texture, and they were not like "dried out cotton balls."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                All popcorn smells good.

I tend to agree. Their caramel corn on the other hand, when fresh, is great.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
                  Now, realize, I said nothing about the taste, I don't really care for the "taste"... it's the smell!!
                  I addressed that in my first sentence.

Comment

Is it hydrogenated coconut oil that makes the stuff Delicious?
                    DisneyTwins
                    Since May 2003

Comment

I have the same relationship with coffee. I love the smell, but do not like the taste.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

I have yet to buy popcorn at the parks. Sure it might smell nice, but is likely laden with yucky and artificial ingreeds and reminds me of movie theater popcorn. I have however had the caramel kettle corn in DTD. I'd die for that stuff.

Facebook me!
                        Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Freshly popped popcorn always smells great, whether at Disneyland or at a movie theater. Why? Because it's popcorn!

This reminds me, though, of a recent visit to Sundance Cinemas. I had a large popcorn with real butter, and I mean, this tub of popcorn was through-and-through layered with real melted butter! Every single bite had plenty of butter on it! That tub and a large Coke made me FULL, and I've never gotten really FULL on a large popcorn and Coke before. Definitely didn't at the other theater chain. It was awesomely good popcorn, best I've ever had, truly.

Comment

I loved their cheddar bacon popcorn during Mardi gras . The waffle cone smell does the same for me but I don't think they taste the way they smell

Comment

I've actually never had their popcorn but I definitely remember the smell.

Comment

The popcorn tastes as good as it smells. It's a bummer it is so expensive. I bought one of the R2-D2 buckets and it was $12.
                                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFink View Post
                                  The popcorn tastes as good as it smells. It's a bummer it is so expensive. I bought one of the R2-D2 buckets and it was $12.
                                  I've never been tempted to buy the popcorn, because to me it's just popcorn... nothing I can't make at home, you know? BUT!! When I saw that R2D2 popcorn bucket, I was soooo tempted! I love that thing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                                  KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
                                    Freshly popped popcorn always smells great, whether at Disneyland or at a movie theater. Why? Because it's popcorn!
                                    First--get rid of all the annoying photos in your sig., I mean, really? One isn't enough?

Second, DL popcorn sucks. Big time. If you don't have the taste to know that, then you haven't had real popcorn.

Comment

To me, popcorn, coffee, and bacon smells great!

They are just one of those smells that will make you instantly hungry!
                                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I tried it once. I've avoided it cause im sure its GMO and covered with transfats, but my nostalgic curiosity got the best of me one time and I had a handful from the friends bucket and it was not good. I was waaaay too salty. And I though it was unfortunate that they cook it with butter flavoring so you don't have a choice of having it without it. Also, seeing CM's clean the insides of where popcorn sits with some kind of windex type of cleaner every night creeps me out. But the main reason why it smells so good from afar is cause its cooked with the butter flavoring as apposed to adding it later on top.

Personally, I'll take Trader Joes Organic Popcorn with olive oil any day over Disneyland popcorn.

Micenation

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X