Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did they extend the closing time last night ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why did they extend the closing time last night ?

Wed 9-26 they announced the park would stay open until 9pm.Iguess the answer was because it was real busy,so the question really is why is the park so busy on a weekday .Wait times in DL were very long ,an hour for Ghost Galaxy , almost as long even for jungle cruise

Also, I found the secret staircase in GCH. It`s SO-5 , lets you out right at the security bag check.

Re: Why did they extend the closing time last night ?

Yesterday was Yom Kippur so some people were off from work and school because of that. And I think LAUSD might have been off or had a half-day or something for some reason. So the park was busier than anticipated.

Comment

Thank you, DisneyIPresume..I love this website. It`s members have such great knowledge and insight

Comment

Interesting that not even Touring Plans picked up on this. Yesterday's crowds were ridiculous. California residents shouldn't be allowed holidays when I'm in town, lol.
        sigpic
        "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Comment

While the crowds were higher than usual for a midweek, it was not an issue. Great time had by all. The school holiday made for a great trip across town.

Comment

Ugh. I hope that was a fluke. We were hoping to find lighter crowds during this part of the year. We are heading to Anaheim today and will be there through Friday next week (but will only be spending 3 or 4 days at DLR). It is fall break for our school district.

Comment

What and where is the GCH?

Originally posted by Jerryp49 View Post
              Also, I found the secret staircase in GCH. It`s SO-5 , lets you out right at the security bag check.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeder View Post
                Interesting that not even Touring Plans picked up on this. Yesterday's crowds were ridiculous. California residents shouldn't be allowed holidays when I'm in town, lol.
                On our last trip a couple of weeks ago, Touring Plans had a 1 or 2 out of 10 for the resort for September 10-12 and when I saw this I thought: Finally! gonna be very light crowds, but boy was I wrong!!! I thought I was there during a holiday day! Hate to see it when they predict a 10 out of 10

Comment

Originally posted by DZLAND View Post
                  On our last trip a couple of weeks ago, Touring Plans had a 1 or 2 out of 10 for the resort for September 10-12 and when I saw this I thought: Finally! gonna be very light crowds, but boy was I wrong!!! I thought I was there during a holiday day! Hate to see it when they predict a 10 out of 10
                  All estimates seem skewed due to Carsland. I wonder when things will level out!

Comment

Originally posted by bruingrl View Post
                    What and where is the GCH?
                    GCH = Grand Californian Hotel
                    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
                    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
                    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Comment

I'm SO VERY GLAD I didn't venture out to the park yesterday! I was considering it because I was thinking that Yom Kippur might keep people away but it sounds as though the opposite was true!
                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by oo_nrb View Post
                        GCH = Grand Californian Hotel
                        I've actually noticed that MouseWait has a more accurate crowd meter than Touring Plans. I love Touring Plans, but some of their data is way off for DLR. I think they need to spend more time surveying here, as opposed to WDW.

Comment

Y'know a friend and I were at the park yesterday and when they announced that they would be open til 9 we were actually surprised! It didn't feel very busy to us at all.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuttttttt then again we actually didn't ride any attractions. We just went for some fine Bootstrappin and Five & Dime goodness

Comment

Originally posted by DZLAND View Post
                            I know, right? When I was up on the Jungle Cruise second floor queue yesterday, I noticed how big the line COULD be. I would probably just go back to my hotel and cry.
                            sigpic

Comment

Speaking of potentially extended park hours, anybody know how DCA fared last night cause of DL's early closure?
                              "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                                Speaking of potentially extended park hours, anybody know how DCA fared last night cause of DL's early closure?
                                When I was leaving DCA at around 8:00, there were lines to get into DCA stretching all the way back to the monorail in the esplanade, and the park was already very crowded before that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reeder View Post
                                  I am kinda ticked that they didn't pick up on this.

I was even more ticked at DLR for not picking up on YK, LASD minimum days/teacher inservices, and other local events. They are quite lucky this wasn't my only day at the resort! Did you see City Hall and Chamber of Commerce? WOW!!! They were hit hard. I didn't make a complaint, but when I walked by, I am pretty sure of what was being said in those buildings. I haven't seen a line like that in all my days.

---------- Post added 09-30-2012 at 06:10 PM ----------

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                                  I'm SO VERY GLAD I didn't venture out to the park yesterday! I was considering it because I was thinking that Yom Kippur might keep people away but it sounds as though the opposite was true!
                                  I'm sorry, but 10,000 hungry ppl is not what I think makes a fun crowd. Had I known, I would have stayed away and planned a different outing for us. You made the correct choice. They were so under-staffed, it wasn't that much fun for us. We don't practice, so we hid over at HB and fed the ducks (who also don't practice).
                                  Last edited by JMazz; 09-30-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

You can give all the reasons you want about minorities filling the parks, but they aren't the real reason.

Remember that by far most guests are from other areas. Almost all of the LA basin or state of CA if you prefer only get off several weeks of the year together and serveral off days. These are the week of Christmas. A bunch of weeks in the middle of the Summer. Federal holidays like President's Day, and Memorial day as examples. Days with widespread school closures are busy and even worse when offices are closed.
                                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
                                      I'm sorry, but 10,000 hungry ppl is not what I think makes a fun crowd. Had I known, I would have stayed away and planned a different outing for us. You made the correct choice. They were so under-staffed, it wasn't that much fun for us. We don't practice, so we hid over at HB and fed the ducks (who also don't practice).
                                      Yikes, Disneyland is not the place I'd want to be while fasting for a day. Imagine having to smell the cajun food in NOS, the BBQ smell in Adventureland, and Mainstreet's popcorn and candy scents while not being able to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by JMazz View Post
                                        I
                                        I was sort of thinking "maybe because of the holiday the park will be empty, because I am sure there will be a lot of folks fasting/going to synagogue" but noooo, not the case at all it seems. O_o

(I'm interfaith so I don't practice either )

I'm sorry you were caught in the madness there! It really sounds like it was a total nightmare. At least the HB was still calm.
                                        Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X