Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is too long to wait in line for an attraction?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How long is too long to wait in line for an attraction?

How long will you wait?

Does it matter what time of day? How long your visit?
    60 minutes
    56.41%
    60-90 minutes
    15.38%
    90-120 minutes
    17.95%
    120-180 minutes
    5.13%
    180 or more
    0.00%
    No time limit
    5.13%

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: How long is too long to wait in line for an attraction?

To me it matters what attraction it is. I may wait 45 minutes for Star Tours, but not for Jumpin' Jellyfish.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I don't like waiting over an hour for any attraction. So, I guess that's my limit...60 minutes

Comment

I like being at Disneyland even if I go on very few attractions. And it really depends on the ride. Last week, I waited one hour for RSR. That's my upper limit and I'd probably only do that again for something new like RSR. For TSMM, Space, Splash, IJA, I probably would wait up to 30-35 minutes. HM, Matterhorn, probably 20 minutes tops. Everything else, 15 minutes. I'm probably underreporting these and do wait longer sometimes. But going off-season, mid-week, you get used to much shorter lines.

Comment

I won't wait over 90 minutes, NO WAY, not for nothin'!! I'll do it at the rope drop or skip!

RSR is a perfect recent example, no way I'm wasting hours for a four and a half minute thrill!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

I try to keep 35 minutes my limit other than RSR of course

Comment

I won't wait longer than 20 - 30 minutes. I don't care which attraction; I would rather miss an attraction than spend hours on line.
              Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I will usually skip a ride if the wait is already up to 45-50min but depending on the ride I will wait an hour. The only ride I have waited that long for in recent trips is Toy Story Mania. Other than that I will get a FP or skip it until the next day.

It also depends on the ride, though. Waiting 45min for Peter Pan's Flight is a lot different than waiting that long for Splash Mountain or Indiana Jones.
                Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

There are several major deciding fators when I'm deciding how long I'll wait:
                  -The attraction, as several have already mentioned. I'm fine with waiting 45 minutes for IJA or RSR, but not TSM.
                  -This kind of goes hand in hand with the attraction, but it depends on the actual queue itself. If it's a highly immersive queue that draws you into the story, I'll gladly wait longer, I will want to wait longer, versus a plain queue absent of details or theming.
                  -The weather! If it's really, really hot and the queue is mostly outdoors, I'm not going to wait in an hour long line.
                  -The duration of my trip. If I only have one day at the park and won't be back for a while, I don't want to wait too long for an attraction when I could be enjoying the other experiences that Disneyland has to offer. On other hand, if I'll be there for several days or if I'll be returning in several months, I don't mind spending more time in line waiting.

That said, I think the cut-off for me is around 45 minutes to an hour.
                  Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 09-27-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I'd probably wait 45 min for Toy Story MM but I'd prefer 30.

On our upcoming trip we have our longest time--10 days! So I feel there will be little need to wait too long for rides, we'll get to it another day if the wait times are that long.

Comment

My limit is about 40 minutes. I know it's short but whenever, I visit the park, it seems like I never run out of fastpasses . I may wait more if it's a new attraction, for example, I'll probably be willing to wait 1 hour+ for RSR when I go next time to DCA as I've yet to ride it.

Comment

All of the above. I won't get in a line that says more than 40 minutes anymore. If I wait that long, my enjoyment of the ride is sometimes hampered by my need to find a restroom. I guess my age has something to do with that.

I have great fun when I visit Disneyland, and I ride plenty of rides. I always try and ride my favorite rides as early in the day as possible. Sometimes, we are surprised when we pass a ride, and we see a very low wait time unexpectedly. Those times are great, of course.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

30 to 40 minutes. The time I go I would consider that to be long. I'm used to 5-10 minute waits.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                          "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                          "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

Well it really doesn't depend on how long I want to wait. It depends on how patient or how long my 8 year old wants to wait. And he doesn't like waiting so I haven't waited in a line longer than 30-45 minutes in a while. EXCEPT for RSR. We waited 2 1/2 hours for that ride when we first rode a month ago. When we rode again, we fast passed.

Ta Da!

Comment

As everyone has said, it depends on the attraction and the weather.

RSR - 60 min for standard line; 45 for single rider
                              Pirates/Haunted Mansion/Small World - 15 minutes
                              Star Tours/Indy/Space Mountain - only with a FP unless it's 20 or less
                              Matterhorn - I got spoiled by the single rider line and will now only do that if it's under 10 minutes
                              In general, I won't get in line for anything if it's over 45-ish minutes.

Wow, guess I am spoiled. I live really close to the resort and can pretty much go whenever I have free time, though there isn't as much of that as I'd like. If the park is that crowded I spend my time on rides that never have a line (like Winnie the Pooh and Mark Twain) or watching shows.

But I am willing to wait in longer lines if I'm with people who are visiting for the first time or don't get to go very often. In those cases, to me it's more about the experience of DL with them than getting on the ride.

Oh - but for Leap Day we waited in a 3 hour line for Big Thunder. LOL. We figured we'd set the limit at 200 minutes and it was at 180 when we got in line. We also figured we had nothing better to do anyway, so might as well wait in line. But there was a big group of us and we were creating our own fun anyway - not by doing anything illegal! And it worked in our favor because one of my friends was chatting with a CM while we were in line and that CM handed her a front of line pass for both Indy and another ride.

Comment

I won't usually get in a line with a posted time over 45 min. I know how to time the day and make good use of fast pass, so I never have to.

Comment

As many others have said - Depends on other factors: the attraction, the time of day, the weather... There is no suitable answer in the poll options.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I said no limit, but what I really mean is it depends on different factors.
                                    I look at the ride to line ratio. If I wait in line 30 minutes for say POTC, which is about 15 minutes long. I've waited roughly two times the length of the ride. If I waited for the same 30 minutes for Space Mountain, which is about 2 minutes, I've waited 15 times the length of the ride. To me, that's not as good a return on my wait time.

Still, if I really, REALLY want to ride something, I'll wait for a long time. Of course, once my AP expires, that may be a different story.
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

i think a lot of factors play in to how long i'm willing to wait. if it's a day trip, i'm going on as many rides as i can, meaning i won't wait in line for more than 30 minutes. but if i'm there for a few days, and it's a ride i really want to go on, i'd honestly probably wait 90 minutes, so long as i'm not in the sun (i often see 120+ wait times on splash mountain on hot days and i just can't do it). but 90 minutes is my cut-off i'd say.

on my last trip, my nephew ONLY wanted to go on radiator springs racers and, given that it was a special trip, my dad waited with him for four hours. that was ridiculous to me.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

There is no ride or attraction anywhere in the world that is worth a 1-hour wait. Period. Nothing that has ever been built is worth that long of a wait. I believe Walt would be in tears if he saw guests standing for 1 hour for anything. I'm shocked at what people will accept these days. People are willing to pay a lot of money for a day of punishment. There is only a tiny handful of attractions in the world that are worth even a 30-minute wait. The only solution is to go on a day when it's pouring rain, there's nobody there, and the waits are 5-10 minutes maximum.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X