Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Grand Californian birthday cakes?

We are coming for my daughter Belle's sweet 16 and splurging by staying at the Grand Californian. Has anyone ever ordered one of their birthday cakes and if so, was it good and how much did it cost? There will be 6 of us. Our backup is just to buy a Disney themed cake at the grocery store...

Re: Grand Californian birthday cakes?

I've never ordered a big cake nor do I know if they have big cakes but when I stayed at Disneyland Hotel in February I got a cute little Pirate themed cake. It came in a treasure chest shaped box with a pirate flag. They did have princess themed cakes. I'm sure they would have something like that at Grand Californian.

As for the taste it was just your basic chocolate cake with buttercream icing. It was yummy enough. But I think it was more about the theme of it. It was displayed really great.

Ta Da!

Comment

Thanks! Where did you get the cake from, as dessert after a meal? I was picturing having it in the room like a little party, so I'd like to order it and have it in the room (unless it's just too expensive.)

Comment

You might want to look at this , they tell ya how to order cakes from Disneyland Resort
        Birthday Celebrations | Special Occasions | Disneyland Resort

http://www./9428/Celebrations_are_a_piece_of_cake_at_Disneyland

and this
        Celebrations
        • Call (714) 781-DINE or (714) 781-3463† to pre-order a special birthday cake to cap off your celebration at participating restaurants at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
        • Goofy's Kitchen "Birthday Bag" includes a balloon, party hat, souvenir Goofy pen, toy maraca and puzzle, plus an individual cupcake for the birthday boy or girl.
        • Hotel Guests can have rooms decorated for any special celebration: birthdays, a new baby, an anniversary and much more! Just call (714) 300-7526† for details.
        otherwise they have a birthday bucket you can order from the room service at the GCH

Comment

OH, that is perfect! I went to that page but I didn't scroll down far enough. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by NancyMomOfBelle View Post
            OH, that is perfect! I went to that page but I didn't scroll down far enough. Thank you!

no problem! i hope that helps! you have to order the cakes in advance btw

Comment

I've special ordered a birthday cake several times when we stayed at the GCH for birthdays. They have amazing full size 8 inch layered cakes make with the best buttercream frosting I've ever had. You can chose the colors (pink and purple for the girl's cakes, just lovely). Room service delivers it at your pre-ordered time with candles, matches, plates, silverware and cloth napkins. Really special.

Comment

Yes, Room Service delivered the little Pirate Cake for me. It was exactly like you want. My son and I had a little in room party

Ta Da!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X