X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mojave
    DLR Construction nut
    • Nov 2005

[Question] Was The Little Mermaid queue overbuilt?

I've been on TLM maybe half a dozen times and the longest line I've seen started inside the door. Was TLM queue overbuilt?

Admittedly, I have not been there on a Saturday in July or between Christmas and New Year's, but I feel that's a lot of wasted space for 90% of the year. They knew it would be a huge people eater, but it seems they miscalculated the space for the queue.
  • disneyrand1
    MiceChatter
    • Jul 2009

Re: Was The Little Mermaid queue overbuilt?

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
    I've been on TLM maybe half a dozen times and the longest line I've seen started inside the door. Was TLM queue overbuilt?

Admittedly, I have not been there on a Saturday in July or between Christmas and New Year's, but I feel that's a lot of wasted space for 90% of the year. They knew it would be a huge people eater, but it seems they miscalculated the space for the queue.

We were there for the grand opening of Carsland and not once did we wait for more than 10 minutes MAX. Yes the queue was overbuilt. It was suited for the first month of opening and has been useless ever since, IMHO.

Comment

• TONY THE BEAT
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2010

I believe so. When it was first open the lines were a little long....about a 45 min wait, but that's the longest I've waited. To me the ride does feel slapped together.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

• Popcornballs
        Banned User
        • Jul 2009

Yes.

Comment

• Moonie
          MiceChatter
          • Oct 2009

Huh? I went on a relatively empty Sunday in May this year and I was lined up down the ramp outside the main building (we could sit and watch the Toy Soldiers mini-show, even.)

Granted, every other time we went straight into the building, but it's not extremely uncommon.

Comment

• DrFink
            The doctor is in
            • Aug 2012

When I went in March most of the outdoor queue was roped off. I think the longest I waited was about 10min.

Yeah, probably was overbuilt but I think they anticipated the ride to have a longer line.
            Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

• MactheMan
              MiceChatter
              • Nov 2010

It's not overbuilt compared to the MK Little Mermaid Queue !

Comment

• greeeneyes17
                MiceChatter
                • Apr 2012

I think it is overbuilt because I've literally never waited in line the four times I've ridden it, all at four different times of the year. Summer, late summer, christmas, and spring.

I've walked onto the ride each time with no wait, yet I've always wondered why they have this extensive queue, it's kind of funny looking since there's never a line.

Comment

• napamaninsocal
                  I'm a fiddle player......
                  • May 2007

We've waited in the whole line this year. I think you need extra line no matter what for those busy days. And what does it matter? The line is right next to the ride building. What else are they going to build? Another shop?

Comment

• frollofan
                    ********ter
                    • Mar 2010

Every time I ride it it never has a line. So yes I guess you can say it was overbuilt.

Comment

• Garthilk
                      MiceChatter
                      • Oct 2006

I've been there this last summer when the ride queue was used completely, or nearly completely. You want to talk about jacked up ride queues, TSMM.

Comment

• Mojave
                        DLR Construction nut
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by napamaninsocal View Post
                        We've waited in the whole line this year. I think you need extra line no matter what for those busy days. And what does it matter? The line is right next to the ride building. What else are they going to build? Another shop?
                        Space is always a premium in the DLR. A lot of people discussed moving Jumpin Jellyfish over next to TLM to free up that waterfront space for something else. So, yes, it matters.

---------- Post added 09-27-2012 at 07:53 PM ----------

Originally posted by Garthilk View Post
                        I've been there this last summer when the ride queue was used completely, or nearly completely. You want to talk about jacked up ride queues, TSMM.
                        See that makes no sense to me. TSMM is always crowded, so they need the big queue.

Comment

• Magicguy
                          New MiceChatter
                          • May 2010

I was just at the park on Monday and literally thought the same thing when I walked onto the ride.
                          I thought "Wow..a giant queue..they could of made a few more show scenes with that extra space."

Comment

• swampymarsh
                            Under that tree again!
                            • Nov 2011

The queue is big right now. Over time the park attendance could grow and the queue could fill up.

I don't like a couple things done, with my amazing 20-20 vision let me tell you what I know. The queue overflow on the east end of the building is an amazing waste of space. It's overbuilt for even a stroller parking area. Also the out and back queue goes really far to the west.

The area on the east should of been a exit gift shop. The area to the west could be needed to moved the parade route back into so Paradise Park could expand.

Even if you have been anytime that the queue was full like the opening days and weeks, the lines wasn't really bad. You always keep walking forward because this omnimover attraction keep the line moving, rarely ever building up.
                            Be Cool Stay in School!
                            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• napamaninsocal
                              I'm a fiddle player......
                              • May 2007

^I think the stroller parking was made with WOC in mind. Mojave-I think if they need rip out jumpin jelly fish for another attraction, I think they would just get rid of it.

Comment

• mouseknotts
                                Dreaming of next trip
                                • Oct 2009

The queue was used a lot the first year it opened, we waited in a long line to see it then. Now you can almost walk on a lot of times. They have to build the queue for the largest amount of people that they think will line up for the ride.
                                So right now it is tue the queue was over built, but the first year it would fill up and then extend.

Comment

• G24T
                                  No Disassemble!
                                  • Dec 2011

I think that the majority of the queue can and does get used on the really crowded holidays. If re-purposed I'd imagine that the total of all the unnecessary queue would amount to nothing more than a WOC viewing patio for paying guests.
                                  Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

• Malina
                                    MiceChatter

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Magicguy View Post
                                    I was just at the park on Monday and literally thought the same thing when I walked onto the ride.
                                    I thought "Wow..a giant queue..they could of made a few more show scenes with that extra space."
                                    This. I wish they'd extended the ride instead of the queue.

I guess they really did anticipate huge crowds with TLM. Sad to see that hasn't happened-every time I've walked past that ride, even when DCA is busy, it's a walk on. Often you see the CMs standing there alone and empty shell after empty shell going along the Omnimover. It's too bad, but since the ride is so blah I can't blame anyone for passing it up.
                                    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                                      I'm Theme Park Happy!
                                      • May 2006

Um... yeah!

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                                        Adventure First, Ad Last
                                        • Mar 2006

My guess...is one day they'll us the extra Q area as part of the Q for the ride that's going to replace the Goofy Sky School area
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X