Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Reading MiceChat make you sad? Or happy?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Does Reading MiceChat make you sad? Or happy?

Does reading MiceChat make you sad, when you have just come home from a Disneyland trip?

I am talking mostly to those of you who plan a Disneyland trip, and while doing so, you spend a lot of time on MiceChat doing research. Then when you come home, it makes you sad to be reading about the place you just visited, because perhaps you are not sure when you will return.

Or does MiceChat make you happy, because even though you aren't planning a trip, you feel closer to Disneyland by reading all about it here on MiceChat.
    Sad - I can't bear the withdrawal symptoms.
    13.33%
    Happy - MiceChat brings me my DL fix.
    86.67%
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 09-28-2012, 07:43 PM.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Does Reading MiceChat make you sad? Or happy?

I'm definitely gonna avoid MiceChat the first few days after I go in January...

..but I'll sure as heck be on here a few days before I go.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

I get sad when I read posts that are rude or overly critical in nature, or when I get negative reputation. lol. I get happy when someone posts some nice pictures from their recent trip, or when any good news comes up.

Comment

Reading certain threads often makes me sad, not necessarily because I miss the parks, but because I agree with many others that the parks are not all that they used to be, could be, or should be. A better word than "sad" would be "dissapointed" by many aspects of the current state of the Disneyland Resort, but whatever word you use, it's not what you would consider a "happy" feeling.

Comment

I'm happy cause I'm planning a trip with a mickey's halloween party. But before this, was planning an earlier date. That one got canceled and I was very upset and didn't come on here for about a week. But like I said I'm happy now.

Comment

Always makes me sad, that's why I don't visit this site much any more.

Comment

I'm always happy to be on MiceChat. I don't get to Disneyland more than a week out of each year, and I'd be a whole lot sadder if I didn't have MiceChat in my life. I can't imagine not being on here each and every day. In fact, I am now one of those people who makes sure she even stays connected with MiceChat when she's on vacation.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

I'm pretty much the only one in my family/circle of friends who is a Disneyphile. Our trip was wonderful and glorious and stupendous and and..you get the picture. Thing is, no one around me really 'gets' why I loved it so much and why I could turn around tomorrow & go again. They don't make fun of it or denigrate my love of Disney or anything, it's seriously beyond their comprehension that a 57 year old woman would get so excited at 'a place that's for kids'.

So, MiceChat makes me VERY HAPPY after my trip because if I want to share a trip report, cute story, or emotional experience that I had at DLR I know that MiceChatters will listen and appreciate. And, even though I know it'll probably be 2 years before we'll be back, I still enjoy reading about everyone's excitement about upcoming trips or their joy in sharing their trip reports.
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

It all depends on the subject. Of course I'm happy when I come on here but when I see rude comments on here it makes me frustrated.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
                  "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
                  "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Comment

I'll be on the site to share my trip report but after that I've got to stay off unless I've got another trip already in the works.

It's kind of like the "desire of the eyes" kind of thing. If I see it and think about it all the time I'll go, even if I can't "afford" it. =) Not good for an accountant to do!

Comment

How about a third choice: Amused.

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                        I get sad when I read posts that are rude or overly critical in nature, or when I get negative reputation. lol. I get happy when someone posts some nice pictures from their recent trip, or when any good news comes up.
                        ^

Comment

It depends on the day. I am not planning a trip as of right now cause of finances. I get sad cause I see all the places I so desperately miss and know it will be awhile before I can get to see them. i get happy when I read trip reports and see all the wonderful pictures people post. I love living vicarously thru others. I sometimes avoid certain posts cause I know that they may be critical of DL and I don't want to hear it. I know that DL is not perfect and has flause in it structure ( painting, walkways, ect) and not all CMs are perfect but Like I say when tabloid post pics of celebs that are without make up or have fat, THey are human and real people so of course they have the same problems like the rest of us. DL is like any other place in that respect, Time and wear and tear takes it's toll and needs repairs. I don't need to read about them. DL for me is the magic, the feeling of complete acceptance and complete peace. I feel as if I am home. Reading posts on Micechat helps bring some of that feeling into my home miles (In Tucson, AZ) from DL.

Comment

Sad.....when either people just except the crap Disney sells up too much....or bags on little things that mean really nothing

I try to like many things like Carsland...Buena Vista Street or Star Tour..but hate things like unfair price increases...holiday parties that dont offer enough....and Jack on Pirates

I do my best to be fair but sometimes Disney surprises me....in good ways and bad ways
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

micechat helps me stay happy when i am feeling bored

Comment

After coming back from a DL trip reading Micechat makes me sad because it reminds me of the park that once was and I compare it to the one I just came back from.

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                                I get sad when I read posts that are rude or overly critical in nature
                                It seems like there are more and more of these posts lately. It wasn't like this a couple of years ago when I first signed on to Micechat and it sure wasn't like this about 5 years ago when I would visit the website. I didn't open up an account back then because I didn't think I would be very active, but I did enjoy the website.

How times have changed overall.

Comment

I don't know if Happy or Sad really covers the complexity. I come to Micechat because I love Disneyland and I am fascinated by how things work there and how it makes people feel. Reading critical posts helps me think more deeply about those things. At times the really cranky people on Micechat rub off on me, and I get really frustrated by them. Other times, I just laugh because I remember some people are going to be cranky no matter what. "Haters are gonna hate." as they say.

Comment

I learned early on that MiceChatters are very passionate about their themeparks. Early on, in MiceChat's history, it was mostly Disneyland goers that posted here. In more recent years MiceChat has many more MiceChatters who are more fond of WDW than Disneyland.

Once I learned the ropes here, and continued to follow the rules and regulations that run this site, I became less likely to run from the troublemakers. Rude people exist everywhere, and MiceChat has a system in place to deal with them. People just need to use that system.

I probably should have been a little bit more specific in my title of this thread, because it appears not everyone is reading the first post, where I am specifying the happiness, and sadness question after just returning from a vacation. Not whether MiceChat makes a person happy or sad at all other times.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Sad because their are no trips planned at all for a while because the aps expired

Comment

Great question Barbaraann! I absolutely LOVED getting on Micechat during the overhaul of DCA. This group of crazy Disney fans kept me up to date on every rumor and detail of the construction process. I even loved the debates about the green beam and whether or not the Little Mermaid building was off-centered. I LOVED all the construction photos and when I finally made it to the Resort this last Summer - it was a blast seeing how everything looked in person. I felt personally invested in the whole creative process - and that's what I love most about Disney... It speaks to my creative spirit. Yes, the resort has become too expensive, and I grow weary of the negativity that often creeps into these forums on MiceChat. But, for those of us Disney fans who live at a distance - it's been really fun to have a Disney moment in my day. Now that DCA 2.0 is up and running - things are a bit less exciting here on MiceChat - but I know that you will all be there when a new major project is announced. I hope it's soon!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X