This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Wall-E

Back for more info! My 2-year-old has completely fallen in love with Wall-E. We are headed to DLR in about 10 days. Are there any Wall-E attractions, characters or even items for purchase in the parks?? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks...

Re: Wall-E

They may have a few pins or plush items, but otherwise no.

Wall-E appeared once in Los Angeles, and it was great; I don't see why they can't bring him out to do meet-and-greets in the park.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Shame. Wall-E is an amazing film, and such a loveable little guy...

Comment

The only thing I remember Wall-E in is the world of color show.
        We were in the same boat 2 years ago. I never could understand
        why they never put something in tomorrow land as a tribute to him

Comment

I would have loved to have seen more of Wall-E
          REAL Wall-E in DisneyLand! - YouTube

I really think a Wall-E ride could be awesome.

Comment

Unfortunately there is no Wall-E attraction, but he does appear in World of Color and there is most likely some merchandise available somewhere (DLR, DCA, or World of Disney).
            Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

The Wall-E robot was actually at the Disney Museum a few months ago here in San Fran.
              I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Yes, a Wall-E ride would be great in tommorowland. Hopefully an Imagineer frequents MiceChat

Comment

As DrFink suggested, see the World of Color.

I am too a huge Wall-E fan and got way too excited when his segment showed up.

Unfortunately that's the only appearance of him in the parks that I can think of.

Someone else can confirm where because I haven't seen it myself, but I remember reading somewhere in the Star Tours queue you can see Wall-E in one of the suitcases of the scanner. If not there, he is somewhere in that queue. If it was the suitcase scanner effect then it makes sense because I don't believe it was working when I went.

Comment

Definitely needs to be put this movie into Tomorrowland. Way overdue and one of the few Pixar films that fits the theme of a land perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 626 View Post
                      The Wall-E robot was actually at the Disney Museum a few months ago here in San Fran.
                      Oh my goodness are you serious? I would have loved to see that, I only live half an hour away from there.
                      Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                        Oh my goodness are you serious? I would have loved to see that, I only live half an hour away from there.
                        haha me too I live just as close and didn't know. Darn it -_-

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                        Definitely needs to be put this movie into Tomorrowland. Way overdue and one of the few Pixar films that fits the theme of a land perfectly.
                        Exactly. I don't know how Nemo or Monsters got chosen before Wall-E.

Comment

Originally posted by DJS View Post
                          Yes, a Wall-E ride would be great in tommorowland. Hopefully an Imagineer frequents MiceChat
                          Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                          As good of a movie as Wall E was, I don't really find him a good fit for Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland is supposed to be all about the promise of a better and brighter tomorrow which is counter to the dystopian future that is represented in Wall E.

Tomorrowland needs to add in rides that will bring the land back into line with its original purpose, not add more that detract from it.
                          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                            http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/ima...EeGY54nWWfnBBg
                            I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

I would love to see Wall-E rockin' out in Tomorrowland... They could run the robot like they do that talking garbage can. And although I agree the future portrayed in Wall-E is grim, I believe that Wall-E himself represents love, hope and kindness. All the things that WOULD fit into a better tomorrow theme for Tomorrowland...

Comment

Originally posted by klowvah View Post
                                Back for more info! My 2-year-old has completely fallen in love with Wall-E. We are headed to DLR in about 10 days. Are there any Wall-E attractions, characters or even items for purchase in the parks?? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks...
                                I have a 2-year-old nephew who is obsessed with Wall-E. His love for Wall-E has exponentially grown this past summer, so as a frequent visitor of DLR, I've been searching for any Wall-E items sold at DLR during every visit. The only Wall-E items available are located in the Christmas decorations section and collectible pins section: Wall-E and Eve tangled in a string of holiday lights; a mickey mouse shaped Wall-E/Eve ornament, and Wall-E/Eve pins.

Currently no characters from the Wall-E film are available for meet-n-greet at DLR. Back in 2008, when the film first premiered there was plenty of Wall-E merchandise available for purchase in DLR and there was even a photo-op area set up in DCA's Hollywood Land where you could pose with a Wall-E statue. As other micechatters have mentioned, Disney Imagineering developed a remarkable Wall-E audio animatronic but it never made it's appearance in DLR to interact with guests. It was used mainly to promote the new film around the US (e.g. TV appearances, museums, red carpet film premiere....) in 2008. It's a shame it never was used as entertainment in DLR.

But the good news is that Wall-E has a lengthy appearance during the nighttime show, World of Color!
                                Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 09-30-2012, 06:46 PM. Reason: updated

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

^^^ great info! Thank you!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X