Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The best animatronic in Disneyland Resort

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] The best animatronic in Disneyland Resort

Today I'd like to ask you: What is the best animatronic in Disneyland Resort in your opinion?There are five most interesting animatronics (in my opinion) from Disneyland:Jack Sparrow from "Pirates of the Caribbean" Click image for larger version

Name:	draft_lens2390518module30920252photo_1241285246piratesofthecaribbeanride.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	7369815Buzz Lightyear from "Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters"Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn1953.jpg
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	7369817Jack Skellington from "Haunted Mansion Holiday"Click image for larger version

Name:	2158.Jack-Skellington-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	7369816Snake from "Indiana Jones Adventure"Click image for larger version

Name:	2865040736_618687b771.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	7369818Abraham Lincoln from "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln"Click image for larger version

Name:	5440813488_dc76ee6966_z.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	7369819And there are animatronics from California Adventure Park:Mater from "Radiator Springs Racers"Click image for larger version

Name:	7434352492_91dbb911a8_z.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	7369820Hopper from "It's Tough to Be a Bug!"Click image for larger version

Name:	2504481780_bdcee15a2e_z.jpg
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	7369821Ursula from "Ariel's Undersea Adventure"Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	7369823Rendall from "Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!"Click image for larger version

Name:	424773726_f01e6ba6e1_z.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	7369822Mr. Potato Head from "Toy Story Mania!"Click image for larger version

Name:	3531076545_395de27206.jpg
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	7369824
    Jack Sparrow
    15.91%
    Buzz Lightyear
    5.68%
    Jack Skellington
    4.55%
    Giant Snake
    2.27%
    Abraham Lincoln
    31.82%
    Mater
    4.55%
    Hopper
    6.82%
    Ursula
    14.77%
    Randall
    2.27%
    Mr. Potato Head
    11.36%

Re: The best animatronic in Disneyland Resort

What about ASIMO and the pride of Garner Holt, Murphy?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I also like the pirate captain at the auction. I think his overall body movement is incredible.

Comment

I personally really like Buzz, but honestly either haven't seen half of them (new or seasonal), or vaguely remember the rest due to infrequent park visits. The whole display with the Etch-A-Sketch impressed me.

Comment

The correct answer is the hula dancers in it's a small world.

Comment

I voted for Abe Lincoln, but I think the best one is actually the Auctioneer in POTC. It was missing from the poll.
            "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

I have a four year old nephew (now 16) who thought he actually met Buzz Lightyear the first time he saw that animatronic.

Comment

abe and jack sparrow i voted for because they look so real lol

Comment

I voted for Abe. I think that AA is outstanding. When I watch the show, I feel like I am actually watching President Lincoln give his Gettysburg Address. It's just fantastic!

Comment

Abraham Lincoln should set the standard for all future human audio animatronics.
                    sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Lincoln wins by a landslide. Just look (and marvel) at the movement of the hands and fingers. No animatronic comes close. The estimated price tag was said to have been over a million bucks. Too bad more people don't stop and take a look. Right behind Abe is Mr. Potato Head (also said to be about a million bucks). Where else but in the world of Disney can you put Abraham Lincoln and Mr. Potato Head in the same paragraph?
                      Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

None of the above.
                        The Best Animatronic in Disneyland is Jessica Rabbit in Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. It all depends on your perspective.
                        Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                          What about ASIMO . . . ?
                          Some argue that ASIMO is not an AA, but I think he's far more impressive than any AA at Disneyland or WDW, even if he no longer jogs.

(Asimo is on the second floor of Innoventions in a show sponsored by Honda. My daughter also likes the little Peter Pan storytelling show on the first floor. I only mention this because Innoventions is the real ghost town of the Disneyland resort, and deservedly so.)

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                          Abraham Lincoln should set the standard for all future human audio animatronics.
                          Except that like every humanoid AA ever to grace a Disney attraction, his lips still appear to just go up and down and have almost nothing to do with how real human lips move to make sounds. The Disney and Garner Holt companies need to see other people, though G.H.'s tightrope riding unicyclist is impressive.
                          Last edited by jcruise86; 09-30-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

All of these animatronics are amazing with Lincoln of course being the most impressive. Has anyone seen the new Beauty and the Beast animatronics at WDW? They are simply amazing and are totally raising the bar for animatronics. They keep getting more lifelike!!!
                            Jack Sparrow - "You have been monstrously deceived." Pirate - We are decepted then..." Jack Sparrow - "Yes"

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
                              . . . Where else but in the world of Disney can you put Abraham Lincoln and Mr. Potato Head in the same paragraph?
                              How about in a newspaper, a children's network show, or a kids' magazine?

Vlad, thanks for that excellent collection of photos at the start of this thread!
                              Last edited by jcruise86; 09-30-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X