Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLR Sept 24-29 Fun in the Sun and the First MHP [**WARNING: Strong Opinions Ahead**]

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report DLR Sept 24-29 Fun in the Sun and the First MHP [**WARNING: Strong Opinions Ahead**]

DISNEYLAND RESORT TRIP REPORT SEPTEMBER 24-29, 2012

Chick-a-Pin Hill

Rocket to the Sun

For ppl who like statistics, we spent the following times in each location:
    DCA: 35%
    DTD: 5%
    DLP: 60%

Tour Eiffel.
    Paris, the city of light (not the media-whore) is my other favorite place on this planet.

lease...
    NSFW in most cases. "How to be a Heart Breaker"
    ♡ PART 7: "HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER" ♡ | MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS - YouTube

Our flight programmer to Hoth and Tatooine

BTMRR: Hurry up and fix it. It was down too much, and they were often running only one side with limited trains. They would use the left side for exit only and the right side was enter & exit. Part of me suspects this was an effect of improper staffing for most of the week.
    POTC
    Splash
    Space
    Monorail: is it normal for it to be less of a draw than other E-tickets? Maybe we lucked out the times we rode it, but there was no line, even on Wednesday during the resort-wide overcrowding.
    RSR: we loved it and it is a wonderful addition to the Disney mountain range and I can see it becoming a favorite for me just like Indy. Rockwork is a true art form and I appreciate it just as I would any art or craftsmanship. I cannot express how stunning the rockwork is! We took a couple closer shots of it in line.

LFT & JYJ
    MHP

Re: DLR Sept 24-29 Fun in the Sun and the First MHP [**WARNING: Strong Opinions Ahead

Great trip report... Thank you so much for sharing!!

My mom and I got confused about the AP processing too. Luckily, I went to the ticket booth to ask where to go and the CM goes "Well, Here of course, you're in the right place!" I'm not a local AP'er and we've only gone like on 4 3-day trips this year but between the savings on parking, the discounts and being able to go whatever dates we want to, it is soooo worth it!

And I do thank you for sharing your opinions even if they're not the most 'popular', the abuse of the GAC really does disgust me because all I can think is when people abuse it like I have seen in the parks, then all they're doing is making people with actual special needs suffer through longer waits than necessary/harassment from other guests because for every 1 legitimate GAC, there's 12 that are abusing the GACs . I really wish park security/Management could figure out a way to solve this problem ASAP!

I'm happy to see that you and your SO had lots of fun and thanks for the info about the crowds and the MHP event

Comment

Re: DLR Sept 24-29 Fun in the Sun and the First MHP [**WARNING: Strong Opinions Ahead

Hi Jay! Love your trip report!

I can really relate. There are so many things to be "bugged" about at the parks, compared to years gone by, but still we love to visit! The good far outweighs the bad, I guess.

The pics are great and give a real feel for what you experienced each day.

The GAC dilemma is one I doubt will ever get better. The federal laws that address this issue are very strict. Fortunately I believe in Karma (seem to remember you do too : ) Its amazing how blatant they are getting. I choose to ignore them when I can and just bask in the magic of the parks.

I also agree with all your not-so-flowery opinions about customer service and how Disney could do so much more with manning the place when things are so busy. Its easy to see that before Carsland opened and brought so many more crowds, they staffed the parks by old numbers. Shame on them.

We will be there soon, leaving Seattle and driving to arrive Tues after next. We bought our first AP's last November and this will be our 3rd trip in that year. Talk about getting our money's worth. But this will be our last visit for a very long time. Prices are up, magic is declining, and there are, contrary to popular belief, many other great vacation destinations to visit and enjoy. You said Paris is a favorite. Mine too. I LOVE Europe and next year will finally go back.

Your report helps me brace myself for big crowds and little annoyances, but still a happy magical time!

Thanks for the great TR. Happy you had a wonderful time even with the occasional bumps!
      Last edited by GraceLovesGoofy; 10-01-2012, 03:18 AM.
      [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

This cracked me up XD

I hear you though on some of the issues you had but I hope you still had a good time (which I'm sure you did)!

Comment

Thanks for a great TR! I hope they adjust the staffing quickly, before next week would be perfect, but I doubt it will happen.

Comment

We just spent Fri.-Sun. in the parks and it was HOT and CROWDED. We decided to leave each afternoon and go back to our hotel for 4 or 5 hours to escape the madness.

Comment

Originally posted by metchick01 View Post
              And I do thank you for sharing your opinions even if they're not the most 'popular', the abuse of the GAC really does disgust me because all I can think is when people abuse it like I have seen in the parks, then all they're doing is making people with actual special needs suffer through longer waits than necessary/harassment from other guests because for every 1 legitimate GAC, there's 12 that are abusing the GACs . I really wish park security/Management could figure out a way to solve this problem ASAP!
              As someone with a legit disability, I can say that I agree with you! I hate feeling like people think I'm 'bad' for using a service I need. This wouldn't happen if there was less abuse. I tend to call people out if they are obviously not disabled. I know that there are invisible disabilities, and tend to err on the side of caution, but when people brag about 'cheating' the system, I get really upset.

I have the unpopular opinion that documentation should be mandatory. I'd happily bring a script or Dr. note if it meant there was less abuse. People who pretend to be disabled really make me sick. It minimizes what we go through and vilifies us with able-bodied people. I think truly disabled people would happily trade places and be able to walk the stairs and blend in.

Comment

Was at DL the same exact days as you. And I so agree with most of your comments - crowds out of control, very polite Australian tourists, very bratty local kids, management ignoring the crowd issue.

You didn't say much about Mickey's Halloween Party. I attended on Friday 9/28 and found it beyond crowded. New Orleans Square was a mess of people trying to find the HM line, the candy line or their way out. That was where I got pushed out of the way by a woman trying to park her stroller - into the space i was occupying.

The HB is my favorite spot in DL. So keep that secret. ha!!!!

Thanks for the info on the GAC - never heard of that before but did see so many people with cards entering through ride exits. Didn't see anyone who looked like they were disabled in any way. One family was laughing when they showed the card and jumped right onto Big Thunder. Oh well.

Comment

I honestly thought there were VIP passes or something as groups were literally running from one ride to the next, flashing their special ticket, and getting in a far shorter line. It wasn't until I asked a CM what they had that I realized I was witnessing the dreaded GAC abuse!

Comment

Originally posted by skoolpsyk View Post
                    i honestly thought there were vip passes or something as groups were literally running from one ride to the next, flashing their special ticket, and getting in a far shorter line. It wasn't until i asked a cm what they had that i realized i was witnessing the dreaded gac abuse!
                    omg!!!!!
                    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

I'll be attending DL with my wife, her teen brother and adult sister, and my DD, who has a disability that means sun exposure gives her cancer 10,000 times faster than others. Basically, she cannot be exposed to the sun.

We'll be running from ride to ride - because we can't stand in the sunlight. Shade doesn't help either- the UV rays still affect her.

We don't have mobility issues. We'll move fast and have a blast. We don't plan to abuse the system, and we'll wait in lines after dark and inside, but just be careful that you don't judge too quickly.
                      -Tennor-
                      http://www.AnnaLiberty.Wordpress.com

Comment

Thx! Perfect mix pix & text.

Comment

I went last year during one of the Halloween party weeks. We weren't expecting such large crowds for October, but I guess school breaks contribute to that. It wasn't a horrible experience overall, but I get cranky when I visit Disneyland and I feel like I barely get to do anything.

Glad ypto hear you enjoyed yourself though. The decorations really are great this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennor View Post
                            I'll be attending DL with my wife, her teen brother and adult sister, and my DD, who has a disability that means sun exposure gives her cancer 10,000 times faster than others. Basically, she cannot be exposed to the sun.

We'll be running from ride to ride - because we can't stand in the sunlight. Shade doesn't help either- the UV rays still affect her.

We don't have mobility issues. We'll move fast and have a blast. We don't plan to abuse the system, and we'll wait in lines after dark and inside, but just be careful that you don't judge too quickly.
                            See but this is what I'm talking about, you and your family have legitimate needs for a GAC, and instead of you guys just being able to get the assistance you need and enjoy your days at DLR, you have to worry about other guests 'judging' you/the need for your GAC...That's what's shameful about the whole thing, that upstanding Guests have witnessed such abuse of this program that they've become of the mind set that everyone is 'cheating' the system and they tend to forget that some people/families do need and rely on those GACs to get through their trip to DLR.

Ugh, Management needs to at least attempt to fix these issues, ASAP.

Comment

I completely agree about the GAC's, people that really need them are being made to feel like they're cheating. We might have to use a wheelchair for our 15 year old son for our trip next week because he tore his ACL and can only stand/walk for short periods so will need the wheelchair most of the time. It's sad that I am worried about looking like a cheater. I am all for the idea of having to show a doctor's note before receiving a GAC. I don't understand why that's not required?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X