Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Christmas

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Disneyland Christmas

    Would appreciate the sage advice of MiceChatters...

    Gonna be at DLR/DCA Veterans Day weekend (9th - 12th). Haven't seen anything on when official Christmas festivities (the fireworks show, parade, etc.) begin. Anyone with the inside scoop? Would love to be able to catch a snowy fireworks show, but afraid it may be a bit premature.

    Thx!!!

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland Christmas

    The disneyland website should have the dates but as someone else said..it is before Thanksgiving..I was way off and completly wrong..oops.
    Last edited by clara; 10-01-2012, 03:08 PM. Reason: Fixing my timing error

    Ta Da!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland Christmas

      usually the week before thanksgiving or that's how its been the last 2 years

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland Christmas

        Holiday Time at DLR officially begins on Veteran's Day this year, so you should get to see some of the festivities (if not all) on your last day, depending on how long you stay. If you need more info, you should be able to find it on the Disneyland website.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland Christmas

          The past couple years they have officially started Christmas on the Monday of Veteran's Day weekend.. not on Friday like they used to. So this year, November 12 is most likely the date.. but have yet to see Disney actually say so.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland Christmas

            Disney has not yet announced the official start of HolidayTime at the resort. HOWEVER, Small World is listed as closed for refurbishment up to Nov 11th, reopening Nov 12th which leads me to think the Holidays begin on that date.

            That's going to be tough for the Special Events team. They've got to get the resort un-Halloweened immediately and get Christmas up, film the Christmas parade, and install the tree all in 11 days. Parade filming could possibly happen Saturday the 3rd with the installation of the tree mid-week around Nov 7th, but more likely filming will be Saturday the 10th with the tree installed practically overnight for the start of the holidays on the 12th.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland Christmas

              Originally posted by AaronInCal View Post
              The past couple years they have officially started Christmas on the Monday of Veteran's Day weekend.. not on Friday like they used to. So this year, November 12 is most likely the date.. but have yet to see Disney actually say so.

              Originally posted by dougeebear View Post
              Disney has not yet announced the official start of HolidayTime at the resort. HOWEVER, Small World is listed as closed for refurbishment up to Nov 11th, reopening Nov 12th which leads me to think the Holidays begin on that date.

              That's going to be tough for the Special Events team. They've got to get the resort un-Halloweened immediately and get Christmas up, film the Christmas parade, and install the tree all in 11 days. Parade filming could possibly happen Saturday the 3rd with the installation of the tree mid-week around Nov 7th, but more likely filming will be Saturday the 10th with the tree installed practically overnight for the start of the holidays on the 12th.
              Aaron, this is what I was figuring...sadly. We're leaving on the 12th, so we'd probably miss all the festivities. Oh well, at least we should still get a healthy dose of Christmas decor

              Dougee, I'm seeing It's a Small World and Big Thunder Mountain as both opening November 8th with their holiday overlays. Did you see Nov 11 somewhere else? The Nov 8th date was the brief glimmer of hope I had that, perhaps, they'd get the show rolling November 9th. In the meanwhile, I'll keep my fingers crossed, I suppose!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland Christmas

                Originally posted by dougeebear View Post
                Disney has not yet announced the official start of HolidayTime at the resort. .
                [QUOTE=PascalGal;1056846049]Holiday Time at DLR officially begins on Veteran's Day this year, [/QUOTE]

                Disney did announce, not in a major way, that the Holiday Season is November 12th through January 6th this year.

                Originally posted by locura81 View Post
                Aaron, this is what I was figuring...sadly. We're leaving on the 12th, so we'd probably miss all the festivities. Oh well, at least we should still get a healthy dose of Christmas decor
                This is not official but what you can expect.

                Small World open with its overlay on the 9th, the lights on the exterior will probably be on at night.
                Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks starting on the 9th and running everyday after that until January 6th.
                Big Thunder Ranch open on the 9th with Riendeer but only a maybe for finding Santa there until the 12th when he surely will be there.

                The Christmas Fantasy Parade, Castle Lighting (Winter Enchantment Holiday Lighting). Snow on Mainstreet, Small World Plaza and near the Rivers of America. This all starts likely on the 12th with the official Holiday Start.

                Coincidently on December 9th RCCT reopens on the 9th and Space will have reopened on the 6th.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland Christmas

                  [QUOTE=swampymarsh;1056846463]
                  Originally posted by PascalGal View Post
                  Holiday Time at DLR officially begins on Veteran's Day this year, [/QUOTE]

                  Disney did announce, not in a major way, that the Holiday Season is November 12th through January 6th this year.



                  This is not official but what you can expect.

                  Small World open with its overlay on the 9th, the lights on the exterior will probably be on at night.
                  Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks starting on the 9th and running everyday after that until January 6th.
                  Big Thunder Ranch open on the 9th with Riendeer but only a maybe for finding Santa there until the 12th when he surely will be there.

                  The Christmas Fantasy Parade, Castle Lighting (Winter Enchantment Holiday Lighting). Snow on Mainstreet, Small World Plaza and near the Rivers of America. This all starts likely on the 12th with the official Holiday Start.

                  Coincidently on December 9th RCCT reopens on the 9th and Space will have reopened on the 6th.
                  Thanks, Swampy. We'll take anything we can get

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland Christmas

                    And for any non believers.

                    It just so happens there is a new Disney Parks Blog Post.

                    Be Cool Stay in School!
                    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                    Comment

                    Get Away Today Footer

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X