This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Disneyland on 9/11

Here is an article that was posted about Disneyland on 9/11...

Tears in my eyes, folks. Tears in my eyes.

Re: Disneyland on 9/11

Oops - no link!

[Edit: There is a link. Heading over to the suggestions forum to get Micechat to update their CSS so links are underlined!]

I do remember back on 9/11/01 seeing the news crawl displaying DISNEYLAND EVACUATED [edit: It actually never opened that day, so the crawl must have said something else] along the bottom of CNN and feeling really sad. What the heck is going on with the world when Disneyland has to shut down?! I know it was a minor blip in the midst of everything happening that morning, but it really struck me - and back then I wasn't even a huge Disneyland nerd.
    Last edited by bee1000; 10-02-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I don't recall hearing that Disneyland was third on the list to be hit. Although it wouldn't surprise me. Everyone around the country was frantic that day..I lived in L.A. and the whole city was shut down...it was so scary.

That story and those pictures are surreal. And I liked that Disney brought characters to Hotel rooms where guests and children were stuck, to entertain the kids. Poor kids probably didn't understand why they couldn't go into the parks.

Ta Da!

Comment

Thank you for posting this. 9/11 was a sad day and changed many things forever.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X