Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 3-Day Park Hopper or 4-Day Single Park?

We usually always do the Park Hoppers but for the same price as a 3-Day PH we can get a 4-Day PPD so would be able to do 2 full days at each park instead of just 1 1/2 at each. Especially since it sounds like it might be busier than I was expecting! Just not sure if we will like not having the flexibility but now that CA has so much more to do maybe it would be a good idea to have more time? We are going to be down there for 5 days and were planning on 1 day at Knotts, 3 at Disney and 1 beach day at Huntington for relaxing. Hmmm can't decide, I would gladly give up the beach day for Disney, could even still do it in the middle of a Disney day for a break? Any ideas or suggestions would be so helpful

Re: 3-Day Park Hopper or 4-Day Single Park?

Park Hopping will make it easy to decided where you want to go next at any time. Doing one park per day may leave you a hard choice of where to spend the last day or two and stuck with the decision you made and left with regret as well.

While doing a midday break at the beach is a decent idea, I would suggest giving the beach a whole day. Make the beach day a longer experience grabbing food on the way and taking your time while there.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

That is very true and I could see that happening. I think we will just do the park hoppers, even though it's one less day.

My hubby would rather do a whole day at the beach anyway, 3 days of Disney is enough for him (not for me, I could do 7 days and still be happy!) Thank you for the info!

Comment

here's the thing. you will not need 2 full days in DCA, maybe a day and half at least. Disneyland you might need 2 days, that is if you like to look at everything darn thing in the stores, see every parade and show and fireworks and fantasmic.

Comment

definitely go for the hopper pass. even though there's a lot of new attractions at dca, i don't think there's enough to fill two entire days. i think you'll especially get frustrated being "stuck" at dca when it's busy and you've pretty much run out of things to do instead of waiting in line; there's more to do, at least in my opinion, in disneyland during that down time. and having more flexibility to do certain rides at night makes things a bit more fun.

plus, dedicating a whole day to the beach will make things less stressful when it comes down to timing/dealing with la traffic.

in either case, have fun!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

there's def enough to do in DCA now IMO for a full day. carsland and waiting in line is at least 2 hours by itself. don't forget all the shows in hollywoodland, like aladdin, rush, etc - thats another 2 hrs. then you have the e-tickets like soarin, grizzly, screamin, toystory mania, twilight. that's a few hours more. then you got all of the d-tickets like mermaid, monsters, goofy, swining, etc. add a few hours for walking around, parades, shops, food, lunch, dinner. come evening time u have mad t party and world of color. all in all, it's very easy to spend the whole day there.

if you like it, then you can spend a 2nd day here. if not then you can stick to dland for 3 whole days.

Comment

3-day park hopper for sure. Single days make you feel trapped in a park.
              Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Sounds like you made up your mind pretty quick! I think you made the correct choice.

I will say that DCA is more than a one day park, but less than two. This was our experience last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinatragirl View Post
                  My hubby would rather do a whole day at the beach anyway, 3 days of Disney is enough for him (not for me, I could do 7 days and still be happy!) Thank you for the info!

Without knowing your exact dates I'm going to offer a suggestion.

Go to DLR on a weekend to see the fireworks and Fantasmic!. You will get bigger crowds but suck it for the longer hours. Go to the beach on a weekday since it will be far less crowded, and you won't be there at night anyway. Knott's has halloween parties on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday so it closes early on the weekend and is busier than normal, by a lot. Those parties are good for teens and up but busy. Finish on a slower weekday at Disney if you can end on a weekday.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

I have been struggling with our dates, deciding which day to do what. We get in on Sunday afternoon, Oct 7th and head home on Sat, the 13th. I got the park hoppers so thank you everyone for the advice!

So the problem is Monday is Columbus Day, Tues and Fri are H-ween parties at Disney. Definitely doing Disney on Wed and Thurs and was thinking Fri for the beach. Wondering which day would be the least crowded for the 3rd day at Disney, Mon or Tues? Wasn't sure how bad Columbus Day was compared to a Tues H-ween party day? And the park is open later on Mon as well. Maybe the evening would be quieter, we have teens so aren't there at park opening Whichever day we don't do Disney will be our Knott's day. Any ideas?

Comment

I would go on Monday. It's a little crowded but will calm down later at night once the fireworks are done.

However that will be your only chance for Fireworks and Fantasmic!
                      Be Cool Stay in School!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X