This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] RSR & World of Color Fastpass

I am planning to get in DCA at park opening, as was recommended by virtually everyone on these boards. I'm wanting to grab Fastpasses for both RSR and World of Color. Here's my two questions:

1. I figure RSR is more of a priority as the FP's disappear faster. My plan is to go there first grab a fastpass and then head over to World of Color. (Maybe even hopping a ride in single riders and then heading to WoC fastpass distribution.) What strategy would you recommend?

2. I'm trying to remember if World of Color fast passes are even included in the normal fastpass constraints. If I get a fastpass for World of Color, do I have to wait until a given time to get another fast pass?

- Thanks

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Re: RSR & World of Color Fastpass

What exactly IS a World Of Color fastpass and what does it do?

Comment

Originally posted by razza1987 View Post
      What exactly IS a World Of Color fastpass and what does it do?
      The WOC fastpass get you into viewing area early and a better location to view. It's mostly designed as a crowd control.
      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

First grab a RSR pass, then head straight over to WOC distribution and grab a pass for the show. The show's pass is not a true fastpass and you can get 1 per day per ticket, regardless of if you already hold an attraction pass or not.
        My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

i haven't been to dca for a few months, and when i went it was right after carsland opened, so the fastpass line for rsr was an hour and half. if that's still the case, you might think about getting a world of color one first to ensure you get a good section for the show.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

When we went to WOC last Friday night (9/28) we had a blue FP for the second showing. We showed up 20 min. early and were ushered into a HUGE line about 6 or 7 people wide that started at the pier and went down to Cars Land. When they started ushering us forward a CM moved through the crowds asking if anyone had fast passes to give her. We handed her ours and so did some others but she wasn't checking everyone. When we got to the show area they asked if anyone else had fast passes to surrender. They said if they did have fp's to go ahead and hand them over and if they didn't to go ahead and enjoy the show. What? What is the point? That annoyed me. It was super crowded and poorly managed. I'm sure we could have gotten in to see the show without having a fast pass at all.

Definitely go for the RSR fast pass first.

Comment

I was just at Disneyland on Sunday. We got a WOC fP first and asked the CM there, and he said the WOC fp doesn't block you like the other fps. So we went and got a fp for ToT, and went on RSR through the single rider line (it was faster that way).

Comment

I would get the RSR FastPass first then WoC. RSR will probably run out quick, and depending on the day that you are going, there might be 2 WoC shows.

Hope this helps,
                Kriss

Comment

1. I figure RSR is more of a priority as the FP's disappear faster. My plan is to go there first grab a fastpass and then head over to World of Color. (Maybe even hopping a ride in single riders and then heading to WoC fastpass distribution.) What strategy would you recommend?
                  Do either. The RSR FPs last about 100 minutes after opening, so that means you have time to get a WoC Pass, and if done right away a FP, because FP returns are about 45 mnute later for other attractions when you get them right away. Then you should have time for another ride, I'd suggest TSMM since it should have short wait early in the day. You could also go ride LFT while its line is short, then get the WoC or RSR Pass.

The RSR FP distribution line take about 20 minutes at its worst once the park is opening. Even if you get in line for them and are near ToT.

2. I'm trying to remember if World of Color fast passes are even included in the normal fastpass constraints. If I get a fastpass for World of Color, do I have to wait until a given time to get another fast pass?
                  No, WoC doesn't work as a FP do so it doesn't depend on or effect FPs.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                    The RSR FP distribution line take about 20 minutes at its worst once the park is opening. Even if you get in line for them and are near ToT.
                    So am I to understand the RSR FP line wraps through Bugs Land to ToT? I originally thought it wrapped to Carthay Circle.

Thanks everyone. One more question: Since the grand re-opening of DCA, how quickly do World of Color fastpasses fully distribute?

YouTube Channel:
                    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

I was there last Tuesday (one show day) and they had fast passes until 130. I'm not sure what time they switched from blue to yellow, but you should have time to get an RSR fp and do a few attractions before getting a WOC fp.
                      Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Honestly, I've never seen the WOC FPes run out in the last year. I do go on odd days though, since I've got an AP, but I am there fairly regularly. The only thing that will happen is you might not get the show/section you want. If you want to be safe, get your WOC FP before lunch.

Get in line for the RSR FP before the park opens. Once the park opens, the line for the RSR FP has been known to go as far back as Hollywood Land - all the way back to the Animation building. I've read that if you try to get in line for the RSR FP as soon as the park opens, you're going to be hit or miss depending on the crowd that day.

To my knowledge, the WOC FPes distribute as follows until they run out for each section:
                        Early show, best section
                        Early show, okay section
                        Early show, meh section
                        Late show, best section
                        Late show, okay section
                        Late show, meh section

You can get your WOC FP at any point during the day, since they're not part of the larger FP system. You are allowed one WOC FP per ticket, per day.

If you don't have a WOC FP, you are only able to watch the show from specifically designated non-FP sections - which typically suck. On most days, this section is from behind the show, where the view is about 20% as good as what you'd get from the front. On slow days, there is a small non-FP viewing section from the front side of the show, but not in a great area.

The WOC FP says you have to show up about an hour before to line up for your section. Here's a hint: Unless you want to sit right up front and get wet, don't bother showing up that early. Typically, everyone rushes to the front and what you really want is any unobstructed view looking forward - so go ahead and grab any spot right behind one of the garden fences where no one's head will be right in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by jcman3777 View Post
                          So am I to understand the RSR FP line wraps through Bugs Land to ToT? I originally thought it wrapped to Carthay Circle.

Thanks everyone. One more question: Since the grand re-opening of DCA, how quickly do World of Color fastpasses fully distribute?
                          The RSR FP distribution line is formed starting in front of the Carthay Theatre on Carthay Circle then winds and stretches back into Hollywood Land bending the corner toward ToT and bends into Bug's Land. It doesn't always get that bad, but walk that way to find the end to get in the line. At park opening the line is led forward to the old Bugs Life FP distribution kiosks that are now for RSR. On Extra Magic Morning the hotel guest can line up near the actual kiosks before opening and the regular guest line is led up to them at opening. For rope drop they let people in as much as 30 minutes early and the line starts forming.

WoC FPs also can go about as fast as a color section in 90 minutes. However since demand has gone down, usually it's fastest is about 120 minutes. They can also last into early afternoon on a standard busy day. The next color section can go as quickly or not even get fully destributed by evening.

Originally posted by bruingrl View Post
                          To my knowledge, the WOC FPes distribute as follows until they run out for each section:
                          Early show, best section
                          Early show, okay section
                          Early show, meh section
                          Late show, best section
                          Late show, okay section
                          Late show, meh section
                          I'm going to clarify since that is A. opinion and B. incorrect.

They are distributed first show blue, first show yellow, then repeats for additional shows when there are multiples in a day. As to which is better, Blue or Yellow, that opinion, and in mine neither is better, it really depends on what spot you are in in any section. There are only Blue and Yellow passes for this show, no longer a third(red). There are also the dining sections, one for dinner at WCT, the other for lunch of dinner at the CCT.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!
                          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Before lunch is a great timeframe...I was quite surprised for them to be out when I went at 2 last week, but maybe that was because there was just one showing. Also, there are only two sections now, blue and yellow. Color maps with the sections have been posted since the changes...a simple search should bring them up.
                            Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                              They are distributed first show blue, first show yellow, then repeats for additional shows when there are multiples in a day. As to which is better, Blue or Yellow, that opinion, and in mine neither is better, it really depends on what spot you are in in any section. There are only Blue and Yellow passes for this show, no longer a third(red). There are also the dining sections, one for dinner at WCT, the other for lunch of dinner at the CCT.
                              Haha, thanks for clarifying. I consider blue to be the better section and yellow to be the second best section. (I know that's a matter of opinion.) I didn't realize the red section was gone, but I've only seen the show during Glow with the Show and using CCR FP since last spring.

I will say, the best section (I believe) is the CCR one, though I know many will disagree. On a recent non-windy day, we watched from there and saw the 3-Dness of the show for the first time. It left a really good impression and was only the second time I'd really enjoyed the show, even though it was about the 15th time I'd seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbelle View Post
                                When we went to WOC last Friday night (9/28) we had a blue FP for the second showing. We showed up 20 min. early and were ushered into a HUGE line about 6 or 7 people wide that started at the pier and went down to Cars Land. When they started ushering us forward a CM moved through the crowds asking if anyone had fast passes to give her. We handed her ours and so did some others but she wasn't checking everyone. When we got to the show area they asked if anyone else had fast passes to surrender. They said if they did have fp's to go ahead and hand them over and if they didn't to go ahead and enjoy the show. What? What is the point? That annoyed me. It was super crowded and poorly managed. I'm sure we could have gotten in to see the show without having a fast pass at all.

Definitely go for the RSR fast pass first.
                                I find that the fastpass system for the second showing is very disorganized but the first showing is pretty straightforward. they dont march you halfway across the park, you just show up to Paradise Park, give the CMs your FP, and enter. also the there are many signs showing the entrance to each section and light globes that glow the color of your section

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X